Waitlisting 2 Studios **UPDATE**

huskies90

DIS Veteran
We don't have enough points at the resort we want to stay at for a 2 bedroom but 2 studios would work and fit our point budget. The studio is currently not available. What's the best way to wait list when you need 2 rooms? This is for Fourth of July week so we have some time to wait out a waitlist. We are also considering shortening the trip by a day to get the 2 bedroom which is also currently not available.

Getting two studios off the waitlist might be difficult. How about a two bedroom villa at a different resort that doesn't require as many points?

If you waitlist two studios, there is a chance you may get one and not the other. You might be better off waitlisting a 2BR, since you only need to match one waitlist. If your stay includes the 4th of July weekend and your dates are firm, you may want to book what is available now and then add a waitlist to that reservation. Of course, if you are looking at doing a WL at BWV, with all lock-off 2BR's, you may have difficulty matching, as the chance of a 2BR reservation opening up may be lower. BCV may be tough, too, given its size and popularity during that time of the year. Good luck!

We don't have enough points at the resort we want to stay at for a 2 bedroom but 2 studios would work and fit our point budget. The studio is currently not available. What's the best way to wait list when you need 2 rooms? This is for Fourth of July week so we have some time to wait out a waitlist. We are also considering shortening the trip by a day to get the 2 bedroom which is also currently not available.
I'm not sure what you're trying for. If it's a high demand option like AKV value, VGF, BLT or BWV standard, I'd make another reservation and then wait list for your preferred option. If the points total works where you can get a 2 BR at a different resort, I'd likely do that and take the 2 BR at a lessor resort over another preference. Unless you're OK with having a studio at 2 different resorts and/or a split stay, it can be difficult to maneuver to get 2 studios that aren't available, esp if you don't have enough points to book the back up plan and much of the desired plan both.

The priority preference from the group was not to stay at the resort where could afford the 2brm. Or else, yes, that would have been the easy answer. We were able to get most of the days for the 2 studios at the resort we want. In fact, only 4th of July night is unavailable which is the day we are coming in. So we now have 2 rooms with a back up and waitlist for the first night. I think the problem is going to be when (if) one waitlist comes thru, the other will need to be reset so there is a chance we are split in different resorts 4th of July night.

The priority preference from the group was not to stay at the resort where could afford the 2brm. Or else, yes, that would have been the easy answer. We were able to get most of the days for the 2 studios at the resort we want. In fact, only 4th of July night is unavailable which is the day we are coming in. So we now have 2 rooms with a back up and waitlist for the first night. I think the problem is going to be when (if) one waitlist comes thru, the other will need to be reset so there is a chance we are split in different resorts 4th of July night.
It is more complicated trying to do multiple villas, esp when you can't reserve them completely up front. The villas may not be close and the waitlist may not come through or only part if it match.

***UPDATE*** For those in a similar situation, I want to report back. We ended up booking 2 studios for all available nights and doing 2 waitlists for the 1 unavailable night which happened to be July 4. This is all under 1 contract btw. To my surprise, BOTH waitlists came through so we now have 2 studios for the entire week. I was surprised they both came through at the same time as I would have thought that when 1 came in I would have had to re-waitlist the other.

Also – Now that this has come through and we are set, we would like to be in joining studios (We are at the Poly). What is the best way to request our rooms be connected? I assume I just call Member Services? Or can it be done online?

I would think you can request during online check in but I would call MS and make the request now.

Also – Now that this has come through and we are set, we would like to be in joining studios (We are at the Poly). What is the best way to request our rooms be connected? I assume I just call Member Services? Or can it be done online?

I would email request through member site.

Getting two studios off the waitlist might be difficult. How about a two bedroom villa at a different resort that doesn't require as many points?

This might be true elsewhere but with Poly pretty much being all studios, not sure if that holds for Poly.

This might be true elsewhere but with Poly pretty much being all studios, not sure if that holds for Poly.
But it was for a holiday.

I'm going hold, based on timing, that the new declaration probably helped a bit.

But it was for a holiday.

I'm going hold, based on timing, that the new declaration probably helped a bit.

I do agree, while I didn't expand on my comment, your point is well taken. Part of my thought was that Poly will continue to have additional declaration for a period of time, we benefited from it. I would think at VGF for example it doesn't matter what type of accommodation, waitlist there is difficult based on size of resort. Also since Poly is all studios there would be a greater chance filling waitlist.

It would be interesting to know which locations have the greatest wait lists and also what % of waitlist gets filled. Lots of variables I would imagine.

If you hit a declaration it will help but in general I tend to believe that early interest in a new property adds more demand than the benefit of the margin of declared but unsold creates. That once a resort is sold out and the new members have a chance to get a couple of visits under their belt, demand decreases slightly. It will vary by property and over time as parameters chance including special events. VGF is a little variant due to being so small and what appears to be a higher % than usual who bought there as an add or or who would not have bought DVC otherwise. SSR was the reverse from what it seemed to me, once sold out and 2-3 years passed, it was somewhat easier and the 7 month window in general more difficult accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter