• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

waitlist with one time points

mjc2003

DIS Veteran
I have gotten conflicting answers on this from MS, so thought I'd refer this question to some people who actually know how things like this work. I need ONE night in October. Of course, nothing is available at the resort I want (BCV). I cannot wait list the night because I have 24 points and the room costs 33 for the one night. So, I need to buy 9 one time points.

I was told by one MS rep that I could book a different resort and waitlist the night at BCV with the stipulation the one night gets canceled and the points get put towards the one night at BCV (if the waitlist comes through). However, the confusion seems to be the points--right now I can book a room elsewhere but it's going to be 48 points so I'd have to buy 24. If my waitlist then comes through, do they simply apply the 24 one time points to the new reservation, take 9 from my 24 and then give me back 15 points? One MS rep told me no, that I'd lose the extra one time points? Didn't make sense. Another told me yesterday that I should get the points back?

Also, how plausible is it that my waitlist would come through if MS has to manually cancel the one night elsewhere since I don't have the point to book automatically? Anybody have a waitlist with one time points come through like this for one night?

Hope this isn't too confusing!

Call MS back and ask to speak to a "Team Line" CM to get the correct answer.

:earsboy: Bill

Call MS back and ask to speak to a "Team Line" CM to get the correct answer.

:earsboy: Bill

I took your advise, and here is what I was told: If I book a different resort for the one night, and that room is more points than the one I've waitlisted, I would be returned the difference with MY points assuming I have some left. So, for example, the room I want is 33 points. The room I book is 48 points. I have 24 of my own, I buy 24. The waitlist comes through, all 24 points I bought are applied and 9 of my points. The remaining 15 are returned to me.

Sort of an oddball scenario, but hopefully this helps somebody in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter