Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

I added myself to the "impossible waitlist" this morning:laughing:. DH and I have a value studio booked at AKV from Nov 7-12 because we are going to do the F&W 1/2 Marathon. I saw that AKV is not a host resort so I decided to WL a standard studio at BWV. I made it a 7-day WL since it is 7 points more than my value studio at AKV. I figure I have nothing to lose:wizard:. I am 99.9% sure that it will not come through, but I won't know unless I try. I'll be planning on staying "home" at AKV. It's been three years since we stayed "home" at WDW so I will be happy either way:hug:.

Booked a day after my 7 month window. Got a 1BR LV at BLT for 11/1-11/9. Only day I couldn't get was 11/7 and instead had to take a 1BR SV at BLT. Hope my wait list comes through, would hate to have to move rooms twice at the end of our stay.

WooHoo!!!! My BCV waitlist came through last night and I was even able to snag an extra day this morning by calling at exactly 9:00!!!!:dance3:Pixie Dust has come my way pixiedust:

WooHoo!!!! My BCV waitlist came through last night and I was even able to snag an extra day this morning by calling at exactly 9:00!!!!:dance3:Pixie Dust has come my way pixiedust:
Glad to hear it! Congratulations!

So, May 3 is my 7 month booking window. I currently am waitlisted at BWV for early Dec. I know that's not going to happen. So, on May 3, do I just book a different resort and then cancel the waitlist? I'll be borrowing points for this trip...so I assume that the points sitting in the waitlist just go back to the original use year?

Today is our 7 month booking window - I wait listed a 1br at BCV and a 1br LV at BLT for our stay 11/9-11/16. Fingers crossed!!!

So, May 3 is my 7 month booking window. I currently am waitlisted at BWV for early Dec. I know that's not going to happen. So, on May 3, do I just book a different resort and then cancel the waitlist? I'll be borrowing points for this trip...so I assume that the points sitting in the waitlist just go back to the original use year?

You "know" the wait list won't happen? If that's the way you really feel, why not cancel the wait list before you book the 7 month reservation?

If you have't used the points from the wait list, they ARE in what ever UY they are in, they have never been used yet.

I am unsure why you want to cancel the wait list except that maybe you want to use the points you put on the wait list to book the 7 month reservation. I think you can use the points for the new reservation and have MS cancel the reservation if the wait list comes through. By staying on the wait list you are so far ahead of the 7 month people, I would think you have a chance. People could want to be moved from the BWV.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Bobbi:goodvibes

You "know" the wait list won't happen? If that's the way you really feel, why not cancel the wait list before you book the 7 month reservation?

If you have't used the points from the wait list, they ARE in what ever UY they are in, they have never been used yet.

I am unsure why you want to cancel the wait list except that maybe you want to use the points you put on the wait list to book the 7 month reservation. I think you can use the points for the new reservation and have MS cancel the reservation if the wait list comes through. By staying on the wait list you are so far ahead of the 7 month people, I would think you have a chance. People could want to be moved from the BWV.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Bobbi:goodvibes
Oh, I just have a really bad feeling about trying to book BWV for Dec 3-9. It was a popular week to go when there was a week between it and Thanksgiving. Now, with T-day the week just before? Everyone and their brother wants to go down. I'll probably keep the waitlist active but still book somewhere else on May 3. I don't want to find myself with no place to put my head at night!!! Just trying to be realistic. My friend has now told me that I need to just book at the 11 month window and if I change my mind about going, rent out the points. She's probably right...this is the second year in a row that I thought I wasn't going in early Dec, missed the 11 month window and ended up elsewhere!!! Dopey me!!

Just called this morning. Currently have a 2 bd at AKV for Nov 9-16. Tried to change to BLT but the 9th and 10th are not available. I WL for a 2 bedroom and 2 bedroom lock off both lake view - hoping for the best!

My waitlist came through for AKV CLUB level studio on 10/16, night before DD and I board the dream. I'm sure excited to try Club level. I've stayed at AK before and hated how far it was from the parks but we won't be going to the parks.

My waitlist came through for AKV CLUB level studio on 10/16, night before DD and I board the dream. I'm sure excited to try Club level. I've stayed at AK before and hated how far it was from the parks but we won't be going to the parks.
Congrats!!!

Congrats to you! So exciting!!

After diligently checking the DVC website I was able to change my reservation to 4 nights at the BWV in a 1 bedroom, and for the last night I reserved SSR studio. I didn't have enough points for a 1 bedroom. Anyway to make a long story short on Sunday I wait-listed my last night for a standard view and a garden/pool view studio at BWV and the waitlist came through on Monday. I got the garden/pool view room. I was not expecting that at all!!!pixiedust: I'm very happy not to change resorts. I like the Boardwalk area and didn't want to move.

After diligently checking the DVC website I was able to change my reservation to 4 nights at the BWV in a 1 bedroom, and for the last night I reserved SSR studio. I didn't have enough points for a 1 bedroom. Anyway to make a long story short on Sunday I wait-listed my last night for a standard view and a garden/pool view studio at BWV and the waitlist came through on Monday. I got the garden/pool view room. I was not expecting that at all!!!pixiedust: I'm very happy not to change resorts. I like the Boardwalk area and didn't want to move.

Congratulations! You must be so happy!

So happy for you! One question, did it just happen for you or did you call them when you saw the availability?

I have been waitlisted for a studio Boardwalk view for the night of Nov. 10th (Sun) since the beginning of Jan. The BW is my home resort and I called right at 11 months for a 8 night trip. I got all the nights but a few weeks later decided to add 1 more night and of course I can't get the last night with the same view. I did take the pool/garden view but I know it is holiday weekend and it probably won't open up. Please send me pixie dust !!!! If I have to switch rooms then I will, at least I have a room in the same hotel. I thought of switching my last 2 nights to AKV (jambo) and the Sat. night is not available.
Good luck to everyone and their waitlists !!!!!

I have a couple of wait list going for two separate visits. One is for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler weekend. I have a reservation at Boardwalk but I am wait listed for Beach Club. The other is for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. I have a reservation at Saratoga Springs but I am wait listed for Wilderness Lodge. If I get them great if not no big deal.

I have a 1 night SV 1 bedroom wait list. I keep checking, and a few times the lake view 1 bedroom has been available, but I can't see moving when the stay is only 2 nights. I was sure lucky to get the standard view for the 1 night, but right from the start, if I would have wait listed lake view for the 2 nights, it would have come through. What this is showing me is that BLT lake views do move!

My family lives in FL, so it is not a big thing, one night at BLT is still a get-away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter