• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist Request Fulfilled?

disneyrunner79

Earning My Ears
I'm going to WDW September 29-October 2 to run the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and right now I'm staying in a studio at Old Key West. I put in a wait list request (for up to 7 days before) for a studio at the Beach Club...what do you think my chances are of getting the studio at the BC??

Has anyone done anything similar and had it work out?

By the way...I ran the Wine and Dine last year and loved it! It's so great running through the parks at night and the second half of the race through Hollywood Studios is awesome!!

Nothing in impossible but I do think that at this point, it is less likely due to Food and Wine.

Thanks for the responses...I'm thinking it's less then likely but I still have my fingers crossed!! pixiedust: is still possible!

I'm afraid I have to agree with the PP. Even during slow times, BCV is the only DVC resort where my waitlist didn't come through. But we'll see you at the half-marathon. DH is also running it, and since he recently turned 60, he's quite excited and training well. See you at the after-party (if I stay awake that long!)

I figured BCV would be a long shot...but I was told that because there are different levels to BWV I'd have to pick a level to go on that waitlist...and BCV is just one level so I was hoping there'd be more of a chance with the waitlist request encompassing more rooms!

Good luck to your husband and I hope he enjoys the race! I loved it last year and both me and my father are very excited that all of Epcot will be open this year!

I've had waitlists come through at the last minute during peak times at BCV. However, they were for 1 or 2 days vs. a longer reservation. Wishing you some pixie dust!

Slim...

It's Food and Wine AND the half marathon for which that is a GREAT location. I know a lot of runners who are working on that same type of waitlist so....

Glad you loved it. I was overly "unimpressed" the course was fine but the DISASTER at the end pretty much made me decide "not this year" If they figure out how to run this race hopefully I will be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter