• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist matching program... wish for the future

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
I wish DVC had a program that would match up different members waitlists. How many times have you been on a waitlist and wondered if someone had the room you wanted and they were on the list for the room you have. I am currently waiting for a 2bdr lake view dedicated for BLT and I was wondering if someone out there had a dedicated and really wanted the lock-off. If would be great if they system was able to match the waitlist in that manner also.

I know this is a pipe dream since they can barely keep the website up for a week consistently but it is always good to dream

What if someone higher on the waitlist wants the same room? Should you get priority because you can swap?

They would not match though so how would they get it. I am not giving up my reservation and either is the other person. So no one higher on the list would match. I am currently in a 2bdr lock-off and will keep that room unless a dedicated is released and I am on the list to get it. My idea is that people swap because they want each others room. This does not change the waitlist issue since neither of us were planning to give up our room without a match. All it really does is make both parties happy

Finding someone matching the exact resort and room types AND the exact dates and vice versa? My guess is that would be pretty rare. I think it is a good thought but you probably will get your room faster through the current waitlist process where partial days open up from multiple reservations. Once there are cancelations, a domino effect starts where rooms start opening as others get filled from the waitlist.

The current waitlist systems doesn't work very well so lets fix it and the website first.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter