Waitlist advice - 12/30 -1/5

cman

Mouseketeer
So my son is in love :) and wants his girlfriend to join us on our already booked 12/30 - 1/5 trip coming up in a few months.

I looked on the member site and there's nothing (studio) available at BWV during the time we are there. What are my options?

I've never used the wait-list process. What are my chances?

So my son is in love :) and wants his girlfriend to join us on our already booked 12/30 - 1/5 trip coming up in a few months.

I looked on the member site and there's nothing (studio) available at BWV during the time we are there. What are my options?

I've never used the wait-list process. What are my chances?

My guess is not good. There are probably already many people waiting before you. And this is a very busy time. Have you checked out OKW, SSR or AKV? And a one bedroom might make a better wait than a studio.

I agree with Deb & Bill. There are undoubtedly many people already on the waitlist, some of them since just after the 11 month window opened.

The problem is most likely going to be New year's Eve. That's arguably the most difficult night of the year to book DVC accommodations.

If you want to make your son happy, my advice is to make a back up plan - for cash if necessary, and then waitlist & hope for the best. SSR has the most villas & a 1 bedroom would be the most likely to come through. After that, you could waitlist either OKW or a PV - Pool/Garden at the BWV.

If this were my child, history dictates I'd jump through all the hoops, and then have the non-BWV waitlist work just before she falls out of love and breaks up.

Hope that doesn't happen to you, LOL. Good luck. :)

I was going to go for that time period and I looked 2 months ago. Not only was there nothing available through DVC, there were limited options even for cash.

In regard to the wait list: I just used it for the first time. I'm booked at VWL in May but wait listed for Beach Club 2 bedroom first week of May. What are my chances of getting it? Also, I assume there is somewhere on the DVC web site that lists your wait list requests, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where to look. The CM assured me she would set up a wait list but I don't know how to confirm that it was done.

In regard to the wait list: I just used it for the first time. I'm booked at VWL in May but wait listed for Beach Club 2 bedroom first week of May. What are my chances of getting it? Also, I assume there is somewhere on the DVC web site that lists your wait list requests, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where to look. The CM assured me she would set up a wait list but I don't know how to confirm that it was done.

First week of May isn't too hard to get. I think your chances are good. As for the waitlist, there is no way to see if you are on the waitlist that I remember. You can set up a waitlist on the member website though. Or you could call to see if you have a waitlist for that time.

Did you book dedicated with two queen beds in the second bedroom? Or did you take dedicated or lockoff? (those would both have a queen and a double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom). Unless you definitely need the two queen beds (there are only 25 villas like that), book one of the other two and have it in the bag. And waitlist the dedicated with two queen beds.

{snip} Also, I assume there is somewhere on the DVC web site that lists your wait list requests, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where to look. The CM assured me she would set up a wait list but I don't know how to confirm that it was done.

On the DVC member home page, look at the right side for the "My Membership" box. Click the first item "Vacation Center". Then on that page, click "Waitlist" near the upper left. It will show you active, confirmed, inactive and expired waitlist requests.

I have two BWV studios (one garden/pool & one bw view) during the OP's time frame (NYE week). Just this week, I was able to add Sat Jan 5th to both of them. AND my garden/pool for NYE night came through from the waitlist. I'm now just hoping for the BW view on NYE to come through. Both waitlist requests were put in during the 11-7 month home resort window.

Hope this info helps someone. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter