Waiting to go, what to do?

Cocamami

**"And really bad eggs." Drink up me 'earties. Yo
:earsboy: OK people, I don't have too long before I'm off to the World, but we all know that any wait seems to take forever. To pass the time, my family and I look over pictures from previous trips, break out the park maps and guides, and watch Disney shows and movies.

For the last 30 days, I get a huge posterboard and make a countdown calendar, with all of our names, our trip pictures, Disney stickers. Each day shows how many days we have left to until we go to WDW. Each night, one of my kiddies gets to mark the day off. They love it!!! They can't wait until bedtime because they get to subtract another waiting day and get even closer to visiting Mickey.

What are some things you do to make the wait more bearable?:earsgirl:

I love the last 30 days, because thats whe my kids start earning Disney dollars to spend. Let me just say that you can milk that baby for miles! If we have to go to the mall, I offer a dollar for every store I dont have to repremand them in. Long car ride, $1/hour no fighting. Fetch me something from the basement or garage.......

I love the Disney Dollars...we drive down, so we play Disney Trivia and give the kids a Disney Dollar for each question answered correctly. We make the questions easier for DS, who is 5. They love it and it passes the time on the drive down.

Isn't it great how much cooperation a Disney Dollar can buy you?!? Not only do we use them for rewards but doing things he knows he shouldn't can "cost" him a Disney Dollar. I had a horrible time getting him to stay out of our "junk drawer" in the kitchen (the batteries and sharpie pens in there are just TOO tempting!). After announcing that anyone caught opening the "no no drawer" will be charged one Disney Dollar we have not had that problem any more. :) Hitting your brother with a toy train costs $2, failure to turn off the water in the sink after brushing your teeth costs $1, continuing to whine after being told that it's time to use a big boy voice costs $1. This is all easily offset by a grandmother who hands out Disney Dollars left and right all the time. She felt the need to reward each successful day with no potty accidents with $3, learning to use the safety scissors was worth $5, hugs were worth $1 for a short while, helping put the dishes in the sink was worth $3 etc.

Grandma to the rescue...that's what they do, that's why the kiddies love them! I see you are off shortly...hope you and your family have a GREAT trip. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter