Waiting Outside Terminal

BippityBoppity

Mouseketeer
I was reading on another thread that sometimes you may have to wait outside the terminal depending on your PAT. Are there restrooms in this area? Are you literally waiting outside? What if the weather is bad? I am asking for Houston terminal and PC. We haven't decided which itinerary yet. Restroom availability is very important to me as I have some very unfortunate health issues.:(

Thank you

I'm not familiar with the Galveston terminal or it's size, so I can't say for certain - however PAT is more of an issue for the newer larger ships than the classic Magic and Wonder because of the larger volume of passengers. However, there was recently an issue in Galveston when fog delayed the return of the ship and therefore departing guests were asked to not arrive for several hours - seems most of them found nearby businesses at which to wait or were lined up in their cars.

At Port Canaveral, it is possible to wait outside - yes, that is either outside or in a very crowded elevator lobby area in the parking garage - if you arrive too early. This rule was implemented due to fire regulations regarding building occupany when the larger ships began sailing with many more passengers. I don't recall restrooms except inside the terminal. Again, PAT is not likely and issue for the classic ships and may not necessarily be an issue on the newer ships but there have been reports. Whether or not an exception could be made for an emergency restroom need is probably up to the security personnel - but I still think you need to get through the security line before you'd be inside the terminal where the restrooms are located and bypassing security is not likely to be an option. However, if you have a concern I suggest not planning to arrive before your PAT unless taking DCL transfers, and try for a PAT at a "quieter" time (12:30ish seems to be relatively low crowds and faster moving lines).

Enjoy your cruise!

The above is exactly correct. If you are using DCL transportation, no worries. If you are doing transportation on your own, the best suggestion is to arrive after boarding has started if you have a later PAT. Yes, if you show up prior to your PAT time AND the terminal is crowded, you may not be allowed to enter immediately. That said, I've never heard of people being asked to wait more than about 20 minutes. As soon as boarding starts, the issue is totally resolved as people are rapidly moving to the ship.

However, if you have a concern I suggest not planning to arrive before your PAT unless taking DCL transfers, and try for a PAT at a "quieter" time (12:30ish seems to be relatively low crowds and faster moving lines).

Enjoy your cruise![/QUOTE]

I had also read that arriving after 12:00 would be better for crowd level. We will be driving so no transfers needed. Just need to have access to restrooms if needed.

Port arrival times are in place for a reason - so plan to arrive during your 'window' and you will have no worries. If everyone did this, it would make it so much nicer for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter