• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting in the queue together but riding alone

dwsandy

DIS Veteran
I will be at WDW with in August. It will be just myself and my 3 kids (16,13,10) My dd will actually be turning 11 during the trip and wants to ride some rides on her birthday that her 13 year old brother (who is legally blind and is differently abled) will not ride. My 16 year old usually does her own thing. My question is: Can I wait in the queue with her and allow her to ride without me while I wait in the queue area with her brother for her return? She really wants to ride 7DMT on her birthday, but I don't know how we can make it work.

I will be at WDW with in August. It will be just myself and my 3 kids (16,13,10) My dd will actually be turning 11 during the trip and wants to ride some rides on her birthday that her 13 year old brother (who is legally blind and is differently abled) will not ride. My 16 year old usually does her own thing. My question is:
1. Can I wait in the queue with her and allow her to ride without me
2. while I wait in the queue area with her brother for her return? She really wants to ride 7DMT on her birthday, but I don't know how we can make it work.

1. Yes.
2. On most attractions, anyone reaching the actual boarding area and deciding NOT to ride, must exit at that point and wait outside the line for the riding guest(s) to exit the ride.
(Except for a very few rides, there's no place for non-riding guests to "wait" for another guest to fully ride and then come directly back to the boarding area.)
If the blind guest needs assistance in boarding, that situation can be addressed by getting a DAC card, and making proper plans for his boarding.

Last edited:
Just as a note:
No guest is "forced" to ride any attraction at WDW.
If any guest waits through the line and reaches the boarding area, that guest can
simply say that she/he has decided not to ride and wishes to exit.
Happens all the time and can be done at any ride.
So... you and anyone else who is tall enough to ride an attraction can wait through the entire
line and, at the last minute, tell the CM that you've decided not to ride.
The guest(s) will be shown the exit path.

Last edited:
Yes - that won’t be an issue. Tell the 7D grouper that you won’t be riding, and prep DD that you’ll be waiting at/near the exit. She’ll move to her row alone, ride, disembark, and then you can wait for her nearby (possibly outside the “mines” to avoid crowding the exit.)

As long as DS doesn’t have an issue waiting in the line and would be “eligible” (per Disney) to ride, no one will give it a second thought.

Your younger DD is also more than old enough (per Disney rules) to go through the queue alone, if you and she feel comfortable with that and if you'd rather sit near the exit with your son rather than go through the queue. But if you want to hang out together in the queue, then just bail right before boarding as others described.

My DS12 doesn't like roller coasters and won't go on 7DMT. A few times last year we (myself, him, his twin sister, and DD8) have gone into line together. We tell the CM that there are only 3 of us riding and that he has "changed his mind" and he waits right at the exit from the train, right where you get off the ride.

Your younger DD is also more than old enough (per Disney rules) to go through the queue alone, if you and she feel comfortable with that and if you'd rather sit near the exit with your son rather than go through the queue. But if you want to hang out together in the queue, then just bail right before boarding as others described.

I didn't realize that. How old do you have to be to enter the queue alone?

I didn't realize that. How old do you have to be to enter the queue alone?
7 years old.
That's not specifically for entering a ride queue alone, but it is the minimum age
to RIDE alone.
Anyone under 7 years can only ride an attraction with another guest who is 14 yrs., or older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter