• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting in Line

You do know there are bubbles all over Disney right? Including in some of the shows/attractions/parades...I feel like if someone is actually allergic to bubbles they'll avoid them in the first place. That's like saying "don't give your kids a candy apple coated in peanuts" bc all of those things MIGHT happen...

What happens when a floating bubble pops in your eye? It stings, gets, watery and red for a long time after that. What happens when a floating peanut pops in your eye? I'm not sure, cant say its ever happened to me or anyone I know. There is a good chance one of those things might happen and a good chance the other might not ;)

You do know there are bubbles all over Disney right? Including in some of the shows/attractions/parades...I feel like if someone is actually allergic to bubbles they'll avoid them in the first place. That's like saying "don't give your kids a candy apple coated in peanuts" bc all of those things MIGHT happen...

If I know a ride or show has bubbles I can avoid them. I'm not psychic enough to know the kid in front of me in line for Pirates has bubbles until I see the parent pull them out of the bag or I see the kid playing with them. There are hundreds of other ways to entertain a kid in line than bubbles.

What happens when a floating bubble pops in your eye? It stings, gets, watery and red for a long time after that. What happens when a floating peanut pops in your eye? I'm not sure, cant say its ever happened to me or anyone I know. There is a good chance one of those things might happen and a good chance the other might not ;)

In 38 years of bubble loving life I have never had a bubble pop in my eye nor seen one pop in someone else's.

Aren't bubbles soap and water? So what are people "allergic" to soap or water?

Different bubbles have different ingredients. They make them to last longer, be colored, be scented, be bigger. Glycerine is one of the main ingredients and some people do have contact allergies to glycerine.

Even if bubbles are just soap and water, I don't want them to get on my camera lens. And many people don't want them on their clothing.

I think, unless you have a skin allergy, you just don't get how miserable they are. It is not as simple as washing off the offending substance. Your skin can blister and itch, and the reaction can last for weeks.

Even if bubbles are just soap and water, I don't want them to get on my camera lens. And many people don't want them on their clothing.

I think, unless you have a skin allergy, you just don't get how miserable they are. It is not as simple as washing off the offending substance. Your skin can blister and itch, and the reaction can last for weeks.

"Don't want" is very different that claiming an allergy.

Different bubbles have different ingredients. They make them to last longer, be colored, be scented, be bigger. Glycerine is one of the main ingredients and some people do have contact allergies to glycerine.

So the reality is people are not allergic to "bubbles", they are allergic to an ingredient that "may" be in some bubbles.

So the reality is people are not allergic to "bubbles", they are allergic to an ingredient that "may" be in some bubbles.

I believe all bubbles have glycerine, and some people are allergic to glycerine.

But heaven forbid someone should suggest that a child not do something that inconveniences, annoys,or cause a problem for other people, and instead entertain them another way. Children love noisemakers. We could give them those to play with in line. Or air horns. :rollseyes

I believe all bubbles have glycerine, and some people are allergic to glycerine.

But heaven forbid someone should suggest that a child not do something that inconveniences, annoys,or cause a problem for other people, and instead entertain them another way. Children love noisemakers. We could give them those to play with in line. Or air horns. :rollseyes

It's funny, but I checked the bubbles we have and they don't have glycerine oddly enough neither does any of the liquid soap we would use to make bubble solution.

"Don't want" is very different that claiming an allergy.

I was trying to point out another reason blowing bubbles in line is not a good idea. I for sure wouldn't want bubbles on my camera. And I'm sure others don't want them on their I Phones, or on their I Pods, or on their clothing. Not to mention that stuff is slippery as all get out when it spills.

Until someone finds a way to control where the bubbles float, it is really a bad idea to blow them in a confined space. People should no more blow bubbles in line than they should smoke in line, or spray silly string in line, or mist everyone with their little fan bottles in line.

I was trying to point out another reason blowing bubbles in line is not a good idea. I for sure wouldn't want bubbles on my camera. And I'm sure others don't want them on their I Phones, or on their I Pods, or on their clothing. Not to mention that stuff is slippery as all get out when it spills.

Until someone finds a way to control where the bubbles float, it is really a bad idea to blow them in a confined space. People should no more blow bubbles in line than they should smoke in line, or spray silly string in line, or mist everyone with their little fan bottles in line.

A lot of this is all opinion. You don't want bubbles in line. You don't think it is a good idea. Disney on the other hand SELLS bubbles and has CMs stationed in various locations with bubbles. They have shows and parades with bubbles. Disney has rules about smoking in line. To my knowledge they have no issue with bubbles in line.

A lot of this is all opinion. You don't want bubbles in line. You don't think it is a good idea. Disney on the other hand SELLS bubbles and has CMs stationed in various locations with bubbles. They have shows and parades with bubbles. Disney has rules about smoking in line. To my knowledge they have no issue with bubbles in line.

They don't have rules about farting in line - do you do that too?

You've clearly never been on a plane when they announce "no peanuts will be given out on this flight due to a passenger with severe peanut allergry" - it was an allergy exposure comparison, nothing to do with floating ability.

So you would be ok if my kids blew an airhorn, or we sprayed perfume or big spray or hairspray etc in line. Disney has no rules about any of these items in line but I would t use them because it just simply rude and other people could have issues with them.
Kids chase bubbles causing them to run into other people in line. Bubbles can make the floor slippery causing a falling hazard especially for the elderly and disabled. When they pop they leave a film on people, phones, cameras etc.
If there was absolutely no other way in the whole world to entertain your child while in line, maybe there is an argument to be made to use bubbles, but that is not the case. Talking, singing, play dough, stickers, games all can be done on line with little to no disturbance to those around you.
As for things Disney sells, Disney sells items that are not always appropriate to use in every situation. They sell alcohol even though you can't drink it every where. They sell balloons even though you can't bring them to ak or akl. If a cm is blowing bubbles and you ask them to stop they will. They don't blow bubbles in confined spaces like lines. There is a difference between a space where someone can avoid bubble and someone blowing bubbles behind me and I have to get hit with them.

So you would be ok if my kids blew an airhorn, or we sprayed perfume or big spray or hairspray etc in line. Disney has no rules about any of these items in line but I would t use them because it just simply rude and other people could have issues with them.
Kids chase bubbles causing them to run into other people in line. Bubbles can make the floor slippery causing a falling hazard especially for the elderly and disabled. When they pop they leave a film on people, phones, cameras etc.
If there was absolutely no other way in the whole world to entertain your child while in line, maybe there is an argument to be made to use bubbles, but that is not the case. Talking, singing, play dough, stickers, games all can be done on line with little to no disturbance to those around you.
As for things Disney sells, Disney sells items that are not always appropriate to use in every situation. They sell alcohol even though you can't drink it every where. They sell balloons even though you can't bring them to ak or akl. If a cm is blowing bubbles and you ask them to stop they will. They don't blow bubbles in confined spaces like lines. There is a difference between a space where someone can avoid bubble and someone blowing bubbles behind me and I have to get hit with them.

You are proving the point I was trying to make. WDW sells alcohol but limits where you can drink it. WDW sells bubbles and does not limit where you can use them. The Dis is the only place I have seen anyone have a problem with bubbles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter