Waiting for September Southwest deals

well we officially changed our ressie with sw today aug 28 to aug 27th....
we got a ding however, what a joke out of islip for $94
instead of $99:mad: oh well saved $20 for my family
however, for august 27th there isn't that much movement,
it'll probably go down again. i am not really that conserned
about coming home fare because i have that fare for $59 but $44 would
be nice lol!!

something is up with sw today for islip.....

they are only showing promotional fares and higher no discount or internet fare:confused3

strange maybe another sale or a ding :cool1:

oh well here goes another day sitting at the computer
to see if something happens:lmao:

we will just have to wait and see......

I too am waiting to see if SW will run a special for September flights to MCO. However, I am pretty new to all of this and I am unsure what a DING is. Can someone please explain this to me or tell me where I can find out what it is? Thank you!!!!

I'm waiting for September dings or cuts too! Just booked one way down the other day because I figured a ding wouldn't be much less. Still waiting for a ding or special for the one way back but it's on a Sunday so I don't expect too much.

I too am waiting to see if SW will run a special for September flights to MCO. However, I am pretty new to all of this and I am unsure what a DING is. Can someone please explain this to me or tell me where I can find out what it is? Thank you!!!!

Hi Christie Lee:goodvibes

I see you only have a few posts welcome:banana:

A ding is a special sale that isn't on sw's normal website. To get a ding you must download it onto your computer. Go onto sw's website i do believe
if you scroll down almost to the bottom of their homepage you should see it.
Once downloaded you pick where you want to fly out of I chose Islip Ny.

I hope this helps you out. :)

Hi Christie Lee:goodvibes

I see you only have a few posts welcome:banana:

A ding is a special sale that isn't on sw's normal website. To get a ding you must download it onto your computer. Go onto sw's website i do believe
if you scroll down almost to the bottom of their homepage you should see it.
Once downloaded you pick where you want to fly out of I chose Islip Ny.

I hope this helps you out. :)

Cheryl:goodvibes ,

Thanks for the great info! That is very helpful and I never knew anything about it!!!!;)

I was on yesterday...MDW to MCO was wide open but for $212....didn't book...today all the cheap fares are unavailable.

As for September, last year I booked in July for a $150 fare. I'm holding out, but right now I'm totally regretting it.

I was on yesterday...MDW to MCO was wide open but for $212....didn't book...today all the cheap fares are unavailable.

As for September, last year I booked in July for a $150 fare. I'm holding out, but right now I'm totally regretting it.

A fellow Chicago September traveler! You might try checking Airtran. I got MDW-MCO for Sept. 21-29 @ $118 RT (b/4 taxes & fees, including the infamous $10 RT pay-to-pick-your-seat fee that is being discussed in another thread). This was a web-only sale several weeks ago, and at the time, Southwest's internet only fare was something like $258. The current Airtran web sale is $170 RT b/4 fees and taxes. There is also USA3000 out of ORD if you can fly on certain days of the week. Good luck. If Southwest lowers its Sept. MDW-MCO fares later this month I imagine Airtran will match them (and if they're lower than what I have, I'll ask Airtran to credit me for the difference), but it doesn't look like Southwest is in any hurry to match its competitor's fares right now. Southwest isn't acting like the Southwest of old. Their excellent customer service and overall product is earning them plenty of loyalty and they seem to think they can keep their planes full without offering rock bottom leisure fares.

I'm waiting for September dings or cuts too! Just booked one way down the other day because I figured a ding wouldn't be much less. Still waiting for a ding or special for the one way back but it's on a Sunday so I don't expect too much.

Same here. I booked my 8/31 flight down at $49.00 already but I'd like to see the 9/9 flight back drop below $79.00.

We're going 9/21 - 10/1. I booked both flights at $59 each way. I'm happy with that, especially since we're flying on Friday and Monday this time. However, I'd be more than happy to take a credit if a DING came along for PIT. :goodvibes

well we officially changed our ressie with sw today aug 28 to aug 27th....
we got a ding however, what a joke out of islip for $94
instead of $99:mad: oh well saved $20 for my family
however, for august 27th there isn't that much movement,
it'll probably go down again. i am not really that conserned
about coming home fare because i have that fare for $59 but $44 would
be nice lol!!

I am going through the same thing as you. I am flying out on August 27th. Out of ISP. I have been patiently waiting, for a good fare. But, I do feel a bit discouraged. Last year. I paid 101. Round trip. Per person. I did get a good rate flying home. But, I really want a better deal than 99 flying down. Well, I am still waiting. :rolleyes1

There was a huge DING from CMH to MCO a few weeks ago that went from Aug 1 through Sept 28 for $50 or less each way. Of course there were restrictions (travel M-W or something like that), but if you're flexible, the dates will be there...

I've already chosen my flights for my next trip, but I'm searching for fares for my mom -- anyone know if there's ever been any deals coming from Oakland, San Francisco or Sacramento to Orlando? I've signed up for Ding.. I guess we shall see if anything comes through.

I've already chosen my flights for my next trip, but I'm searching for fares for my mom -- anyone know if there's ever been any deals coming from Oakland, San Francisco or Sacramento to Orlando? I've signed up for Ding.. I guess we shall see if anything comes through.

Mostly Oakland when and "if" they happen, I have seen them from Sacramento (that's what we are waiting for) but not so much SF.

Good luck to us both :hippie:

Don't know if this is a "deal" or not, but I got $104 from PVD to MCO at the end of Sept. That was the "internet rate".

I booked our flights for 9/12-9/18 at $69 each way from BUF to MCO on SW. They come out to be about $155 rt pp with taxes and fees. These are both non stop, direct flights. I'm hoping a DING will come out and lower the fares a little, since I know I've paid less before. Last September, we flew the same flights for $103 pp rt. We flew Airtran this past March for $136 pp rt as well buying tix a little over 3 weeks in advance.

So, my guess is there will be some better DINGS, if I can book them, then great. If not, I'll live with my $155 rt airfare because they are direct flights with the times I want to maximize my vacation.

The SW rep I spoke to said we'll start seeing September DINGS come out in July.:thumbsup2 Here's hoping!

There was a price drop today for MHT-MCO $89 each way. I am hoping for better and waiting for a ding! Do you think they will offer dings through September today? :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter