Waiting for ROFR - Planning Questions!

MontanaMouse

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot, but hope so! My husband and I are currently waiting to see if we get through ROFR. Of course, we are already beginning to plan the first trip! Since we haven't gotten through ROFR yet, we don't have all of the details from WDW. So, we have a few questions that I hope you can answer:

1. What is the annual pass discount for DVC members?

2. If a DVC member decides to pay cash for a DVC room for the high point weekend, what discount is received?

3. Can anyone provide input on how difficult it would be to transfer points for VWL for a May 07 trip? We are estimating we would need 115 points. I know we can post on the other board to officially request them, but right now we are still just planning...ALWAYS planning!

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

MontanaMouse said:
I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot, but hope so! My husband and I are currently waiting to see if we get through ROFR. Of course, we are already beginning to plan the first trip! Since we haven't gotten through ROFR yet, we don't have all of the details from WDW. So, we have a few questions that I hope you can answer:

1. What is the annual pass discount for DVC members?
It's $100 off an AP and $125 off for a PAP.

MontanaMouse said:
2. If a DVC member decides to pay cash for a DVC room for the high point weekend, what discount is received?
Assuming there is availability for the Member cash discount (there isn't always), the discount is 25% off rack rate.

MontanaMouse said:
3. Can anyone provide input on how difficult it would be to transfer points for VWL for a May 07 trip? We are estimating we would need 115 points. I know we can post on the other board to officially request them, but right now we are still just planning...ALWAYS planning!
I'm sure there are several members who would be glad to transfer you the points you want. After you and the other member agree on the price and payment terms, it just takes one phone call to MS to complete the transaction. Before you commit to the transfer, be sure the points you are receiving will be valid for the reservation you plan to make.

MontanaMouse said:
Thanks in advance for any advice provided!
You're welcome. Home the ROFR ends up in your favor - sooner rather than later.

Best wishes -

Thanks CarolMN. Exactly the information I needed! We also hope it works out. ROFR wears on the patience of even the most patient!

When do members get access to the cash discount?

MontanaMouse said:
...(snip)....When do members get access to the cash discount?
The member discount is only available if DVC determines that not all of the rooms in the member inventory will end up being reserved for points. No one here really knows how that is determined. I think DVC has some type of formula that looks at current unreserved inventory and historical booking patterns.

Anyway, you just have to call and ask (and hope you get lucky, LOL). Sometimes you can get the member cash discount as early as 11 months prior to arrival, but more often, you get them much closer to arrival. Friday and Saturday nights are available for the discount more often than the weeknights.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter