Waiting for points to post to our account...

So, what's your feelings about the resale booking restrictions?
Those resale buyers are "in the door" but not treated equally as direct buyers.
:earsboy: Bill

Delta gives you 25% more miles if you're booked on First class...and international flights get those goodie bags... I see the resale restrictions as the same, extras that really costs you. When booking DVC rooms, I don't know that there's a difference.

Doesn't bother us ... we only use points for DVC. The day I start using my points for non-DVC stays will be the day I start selling off my contracts :goodvibes

So, what's your feelings about the resale booking restrictions? Those resale buyers are "in the door" but not treated equally as direct buyers. :earsboy: Bill

But it is really not the DVC owner that is treated differently, is it? The points that are bought are what has restrictions. I own both resale and direct and can use my direct without the restrictions.

The only thing I can think of that is really different iis the members cruise which does not allow someone with only resale points to book.

Good news is our new contract was added to our existing account;
Bad news is it had no points in it.
Called MS and was told it could take up to another week for the points to "drop" into our account.

I just looked in my account and I can see my contract too! No points, but at least I know were still on the right path! We closed on April 10th and recorded on April 11th. :thumbsup2

The only thing I can think of that is really different iis the members cruise which does not allow someone with only resale points to book.

Oooo, good point. That's pretty discriminating, forgot about that. If a resale buyer wants to pay cash for the members cruise, they should be able to.... I'll email them and ask them to rename it to "DVC Direct Purchase (or resale before March 2011?) Members Cruise" :lmao:

I just looked in my account and I can see my contract too! No points, but at least I know were still on the right path! We closed on April 10th and recorded on April 11th. :thumbsup2

Keep us posted - I'm 5 days behind you, so it would be nice to know when your points are in.

Our points "dropped in" this morning!:thumbsup2

Don't know if my call to MS had anything to do with it or not. Just glad they're there.

So that was 15 days (incl Easter) from recorded deed to points.

Yahoo mom rules! We are waiting also - our deed recorded 4/10 , so waiting now 13 days. The wait is killing me!

For those of you who see your contract posted but no points-have you checked this morning?

Maybe you want to call and ask them.......

Our points "dropped in" this morning!:thumbsup2

Don't know if my call to MS had anything to do with it or not. Just glad they're there.

So that was 15 days (incl Easter) from recorded deed to points.

My points were added this afternoon!!:cool1:

Ok folks now 14 days from recorded deed and no points yet....... Granted I am a brand new DVC member and don't yet have a DVC member ID #, but I secretly hope that on the 15th day that my points will load and all will be magical and I can book my vacation,

MS rep today told me it COULD take up to 6 weeks to load my points, what the heck??? Trying to book a September vacation for my babies and now my hope is dwindling that sept won't work out :( I just hope that possibly oct may have something avail for a mon- fri stay. I can pay cash for a wknd ressie, if needed. Due avail...... My little boy is counting on Disney in Sept! Ugh...

Ok folks now 14 days from recorded deed and no points yet....... Granted I am a brand new DVC member and don't yet have a DVC member ID #, but I secretly hope that on the 15th day that my points will load and all will be magical and I can book my vacation,

MS rep today told me it COULD take up to 6 weeks to load my points, what the heck??? Trying to book a September vacation for my babies and now my hope is dwindling that sept won't work out :( I just hope that possibly oct may have something avail for a mon- fri stay. I can pay cash for a wknd ressie, if needed. Due avail...... My little boy is counting on Disney in Sept! Ugh...

Did they say why it would take 6 weeks for points to show?

No MS rep just said points can take 2 up to 6 wks for points to show b/c disney can take up to that time frame and blah, blah, blah......and do on and so forth. And the other thing that MS reps say is "contact your resale co for more info".

We used TSS and they were great however this final wait without any info is killing me....., if I have to wait 6 wks, I'll be scratching nails on blackboard lol

Finally! Got a letter with the member number. Deed recorded 3/26. So it took one month from that. I called member services to get the dvc member site set up. Select 1 and then select 6 (for help with the website).:dance3:

Thanks for sharing how long it took for your points to post. It took a month?!?!?! I guess I have a lot more waiting to do, we didn't close until April 14th, deed recorded on the 15th. I know I'm saving lots of money going resale but wow, this is getting frustrating. It has been such a long process.

Called yesterday (mon) and on the 19th day MS can view my info finally! The MS rep I spoke with wouldn't give me # but at least things are finally rolling forward! Woot! Deed recorded on 4/10. So excited......I'll try calling them back today and see if another rep may be kind enough to help me book vacation over phone :)

Called yesterday (mon) and on the 19th day MS can view my info finally! The MS rep I spoke with wouldn't give me # but at least things are finally rolling forward! Woot! Deed recorded on 4/10. So excited......I'll try calling them back today and see if another rep may be kind enough to help me book vacation over phone :)

Congrats! Any luck getting your number and booking your trip? I keep calling and they still don't see me in the system yet... But you're giving me hope since I closed a few days after you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter