Waiting for points to post to our account...

Most definitely! Paperwork went to Disney a week ago for finalization...I know it Is supposed to take up to 14 days but....

We were waiting on resale points to come through and had thought that we would end up with 2 different profiles online since our two contracts have 2 different use years. Was I shocked this morning when I logged onto DVC and saw our points sitting in there. Yes we have 2 different member numbers but I can see them both from my dashboard which I wasn't expecting. Looking at the activity log for that contract it shows they were posted March 17. Our deed was recorded March 6. Was very happy to be able to book a reservation at AKL for July this am!

We were waiting on resale points to come through and had thought that we would end up with 2 different profiles online since our two contracts have 2 different use years. Was I shocked this morning when I logged onto DVC and saw our points sitting in there. Yes we have 2 different member numbers but I can see them both from my dashboard which I wasn't expecting. Looking at the activity log for that contract it shows they were posted March 17. Our deed was recorded March 6. Was very happy to be able to book a reservation at AKL for July this am!

Are both deeds titled the same?

I believe they are...unless they switched the order of my husband and I. And I did give them our DVC number...

That's the way it should work unless the contracts are titled differently or MS makes a mistake.

:earsboy: Bill

The waiting on a resale contract is rough. Hopefully everything will be processed soon and the points will be in your account TODAY!

DenLo any luck yet? Our stuff went to Disney on 3/20, its just killing us. I honestly think resales take a back seat and Disney lets them sit as long as possible so people buying direct have a better experience. I truly believe they are trying to give resales a bad reputation.

I guess paying an extra $40 per point gets you to the front of the line. Our sale was accepted on 1/27 made ROFR by 2/27 and closed around 3/19.......

Points posted to account last night on 4/8/2014

from accepted offer to points in my account= 72 days

DenLo any luck yet? Our stuff went to Disney on 3/20, its just killing us. I honestly think resales take a back seat and Disney lets them sit as long as possible so people buying direct have a better experience. I truly believe they are trying to give resales a bad reputation.

I guess paying an extra $40 per point gets you to the front of the line. Our sale was accepted on 1/27 made ROFR by 2/27 and closed around 3/19.......

Points posted to account last night on 4/8/2014

from accepted offer to points in my account= 72 days

So they took about 20 days to post your points? Wow....guess I better be patient. Deed was recorded on OCC 04/07....

We passed ROFR on 2/28. Deed recorded 3/26. Called to see if I could get the member number and then the information to get set up on the website. We already have points at WL so am familiar with the process. Had seen some people on here had success calling. Was able to get the member number. Was transferred to a person to get the information for the website. She could see my member number and personal information. She asked to verify my email address. It was an old email of my sister. She and her husband share our first contract??? Not sure how it ended up on the current one. She couldn't get the information for the club ID and activation code to work. Called her supervisor to see why. She told me my contract just closed today? and it would be another 30 days before I would be getting the information to get online. Hope she is wrong.:confused3

She told me my contract just closed today? and it would be another 30 days before I would be getting the information to get online. Hope she is wrong.:confused3

Ugh, that sucks! Now that you have your DVC number, I'd call back tomorrow. Let us know if you get it fixed. I'm in the same boat, closing in a few weeks on a different UY and different names on title. I sure don't want to wait 2 more months to get online access.

I contacted the title company and got a quick response:"Your contract didn’t close today, Disney transferred it today. It closed on March 24. Hilton Head recorded the deed on March 27. We received your deed on April 3 and on that day we sent a copy to Disney for transfer, they completed your transfer today, 18 days after receipt." Thought this might be helpful to know the timeline we have experienced. We bought direct with our initial contract 13 years ago. The timing of the resale process was new to us. I feel it has been worth the savings going resale even if the process is longer.

Good news is our new contract was added to our existing account;
Bad news is it had no points in it.
Called MS and was told it could take up to another week for the points to "drop" into our account.

Good news is our new contract was added to our existing account;
Bad news is it had no points in it.
Called MS and was told it could take up to another week for the points to "drop" into our account.

Makes you feel like Disney really cares about us DVC owners, doesn't it! :sad2:

I see this wait as normal. I paid the premium to buy VGF direct. I expected faster service. For my resale, I expect to wait . But once you're in the door, everyone should be on equal footing for booking rooms...if that ever changes, then I'd be upset.

I see this wait as normal. I paid the premium to buy VGF direct. I expected faster service. For my resale, I expect to wait . But once you're in the door, everyone should be on equal footing for booking rooms...if that ever changes, then I'd be upset.

So, what's your feelings about the resale booking restrictions?

Those resale buyers are "in the door" but not treated equally as direct buyers.

So, what's your feelings about the resale booking restrictions?

Those resale buyers are "in the door" but not treated equally as direct buyers.

How are resale buyers treated any differently? Resale contract holders have the exact same privileges as the direct buyers, at least for the products they're able to book, i.e., DVC resorts only. I don't see how any contract holder would be treated differently for that. The resale buyer knows (or should know) the property restrictions going into the transaction. I bought resale and have never been categorized because of how I acquired my contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter