Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Historically, sales went live around 7 to 8 months after the timeshare license has been granted, which would put sales at March/April for VDT and an opening date around 6 months-ish thereafter. So around October 2023. Points charts should be coming in the next couple months.
Guessing DVC hasn't provided any "official" guidance on opening?

LAX

When they open this for purchase will all use years be available? Say I want a Feb UY will that be Feb 2023 points or Feb 2024 points? (Assuming you bought immediately upon the sales opening up)

Shouldn't there be a poll on what the price per point will be? I doubt it will be at the $217 current market for Riveria and Floridian....

Shouldn't there be a poll on what the price per point will be? I doubt it will be at the $217 current market for Riveria and Floridian....
They may do one more price hike for actively selling resorts (Aulani, Grand Flo, Riviera and soon Villas at Disneyland Hotel) which would put those up from $217 to like $223-227 but I don’t see them having a different price for those resorts. They will just achieve that though different incentives (discounts) off of that going rate. Just like you wouldn’t expect the three current ones to all be $217 but they are. The magic of incentives basically adjusting for price :).

My DVC guide called a few days ago to check in. The only information she had was that VDH was supposed to open by the end of 2023 and that she'd give me a call at the end of March to give me an update.

So it sounds like sales won't start by March. I'm glad to have a little more time to save up.

When they open this for purchase will all use years be available? Say I want a Feb UY will that be Feb 2023 points or Feb 2024 points? (Assuming you bought immediately upon the sales opening up)
Available UY will probably depend on opening date of the resort - they have to give current UY points. For VGF 2 there were some UY that were unavailable at first.

Available UY will probably depend on opening date of the resort - they have to give current UY points. For VGF 2 there were some UY that were unavailable at first.
So if I have a March and Dec UY and they open for sales in Oct then I could get a matching March UY with 2023 points, but not a Dec?

Does the same wisdom hold true for this west coast resort: Buy a contract in the same use year / month as your existing contract even if it's at a different home resort?
I would think yes, keep the same use year/ month for the pooling of points during the 0-7 month window. But, if I understand correctly, the 7-11 month window is specific to that home resort, and cannot be pooled with a different home resort.

Does the same wisdom hold true for this west coast resort: Buy a contract in the same use year / month as your existing contract even if it's at a different home resort?
I would think yes, keep the same use year/ month for the pooling of points during the 0-7 month window. But, if I understand correctly, the 7-11 month window is specific to that home resort, and cannot be pooled with a different home resort.
Yes, I believe so. I guess the use year/month is more important if you plan to use the points during the 0-7 month window, but if you plan to use them for the 7-11 month window, then not as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter