Waiting for Canadian dollar to climb?

:( I was waiting for the dollar to go up before booking GCH and putting in a deposit. It takes forever to go up and when it goes down, it goes down fast. So bummed.

We booked our cruise on board in November for next December. We booked our resort stay a couple months ago. The exchange rate has been all over, but right now is a few % lower than the highest we have paid.

My plan is to allocate a certain amount a month and choose the same day each month and make that partial payment. While this won't take advantage of a big rise in the value of the dollar, it insulates a bit against drops and it spreads out the rise and fall in exchange rate...

SW
I do this too. We had booked Poly for August, I divided price by how many months I have to pay it off. We just paid final amount off today. Now I have to fluff up my USD acct for expenses. Will have 3 months to fluff up. June (yikes tomorrow), July and August. Have to renew my AP too this trip .
To budget and save some $ at WDW, we are there 2 weeks, so first week we will just eat at CS. Good thing there's plenty of CS we like. Will also bring breakfast stuff for the room.

A nice spike today...hope it continues.

While we're enjoy the little rally, we've gone ahead and converted the remaining amount that we want to take in cash for our October trip. We're also paying off a few of our December expenses, like pre-paying the park and fly hotel. Probably doesn't make a huge difference in the overall scheme of things, but a penny saved is a penny earned :) .

Our payment just went through for our trip in end of July. Ending up being 1.28 exchange rate. Cost me an extra $1,000 on the exchange :(

While we're enjoy the little rally, we've gone ahead and converted the remaining amount that we want to take in cash for our October trip. We're also paying off a few of our December expenses, like pre-paying the park and fly hotel. Probably doesn't make a huge difference in the overall scheme of things, but a penny saved is a penny earned :) .
I have been doing the same thing. Paid our park and fly, paid the balance on our resort, wish I could pay more ahead. Bought some restaurant gift certificates.

I think the only thing I have left to pay off now is the car rental and I don't want to pay that just yet in case we find a better deal closer to arrival date. We did an exchange in December before it really started to plummet so I do have most of our spending money done and dusted!

Its not going to happen any time soon. We wont see .90 until 2016 or later. If and that a big if the dollar hits .85 BUY BUY BUY. What we do is move a little bit each week into our US account at RB. Makes the shock of converting a few K less ..... shocking if you know what I mean.

Just remember a 1% change in exchange rates is not that big over all. $1 per hundred $10 per thousand so a $4,000 trip changes by $40.
I am with the others and say pay some much per month. You won't kick your self if rates go down and you won't be off that much if things improve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter