Waiting for August Hours - All hours are up!!

I have not read this whole thread so excuse me if this question has been answered but is there a major change expected here with hours? I do not remember Disney ever waiting his long to post hours....Seems strange??

Also, Have the EMH been the same since the beginning? I seem to remember the same schedule year after year?:goodvibes

Added....I think I just answered my own question as I know Friday nights were EMH at EPCOT... and after May 2009 it is listed as Thursday nights...

Can someone correct me if I am mistaken here? Now I think I see why this thread is so long!

I have not read this whole thread so excuse me if this question has been answered but is there a major change expected here with hours?

1- I do not remember Disney ever waiting his long to post hours....
2-Seems strange??

Also,
3-Have the EMH been the same since the beginning? I seem to remember the same schedule year after year?:goodvibes

1- They have been "very late" before.
2- Not really too surprising.
3- Nope.

Someone should tell the PTB's that this delay in getting the hours out, makes those that use the term a "Mickey Mouse Outfit" as a put down, look so, so right! Even habitual screwup Goofy could do better than this!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

***twiddling thumbs***

OMG I wish they would post the hours. Im going crazy playing the waiting game. Come on disney!!!! I gotta finish tweaking my game plan :woohoo:

party:I did put down the wrong time on the Hoop De Doo - it is 7:15 and I put 8:15 -- thanks for bringing it to my attention as I had to go back and check my original work sheet - was all ready to call Disney and everything - daughter call's them "brain farts" - guess the fingers had a mind of their own!

Hubby and daughter are very pleased with the reservations - I'm going to sit down tonight and flip through my passporter and other guides to see what we're missing - then after some Disney dreams perhaps I'll wake up to posted park hours - where's the pixie dust when you need it?:happytv:

Melanie and Mrstomrice.... I am in Lansdale montg. co.! And alas also waiting for august hours. Although I have till monday to make my adr's.

Laura

Melanie and Mrstomrice.... I am in Lansdale montg. co.! And alas also waiting for august hours. Although I have till monday to make my adr's.

Laura

Ha - I am in Lansdale at least 5 days a week - work over there :) Howdy neighbors.

I can't believe the hours weren't released today! I just went on the Universal website and their August hours are posted. Maybe if we all group together, they will give us free dinning to switch our vacations to Univeral Orlando.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm laughing to keep from crying right now.

I have til May 18th til I can call I believe (staying Aug 16-Aug 22, is that right?) but considering I've already changed ALL my plans pretty much, it would be nice to have them at least 3 or 4 days in advance so I can replan, and replan again if necessary.

I don't know how you all do it when you start planning a year or more in advance lol. I havent even been planning a month and I'm already itching to have everything set in stone!

Ha - I am in Lansdale at least 5 days a week - work over there :) Howdy neighbors.

Hey there neighbor, neighbor and neighbor!!!

Melanie - we're there at exactly the same time! I know our ADR day is May 18th, and I NEED these hours. How annoying is this?!?!?!

While we wait...I thought you would be a great group to ask this question.

The only reason we are going is to take advantage of the free dining. We just did POFQ/Jan8-18 and didn't think we'd go again for awhile so this has to be a budget trip.

Question #1....The 16th is the first day for the free dining but we would like to fly in on the 15th so that we can have a whole day on the
16th. What is the best way to handle the ressie? Do we stay the 15th on a seperate one night ressie and then start our FD ressie on the 16th?

Question #2 We are staying from the 15th to the 22 or most likely the 23rd (DD starts school on the 24th :eek: Way to squeeze in a vacation at the last minute!;))Since we most likely won't be going to the parks on our travel days but we can purchase those days park ticket for a few bucks more...can we use those extra 2 days as a "just in case" park hoppers? When I called to make a deposit CM told us that the hoppers are an extra $200 and I really don't think we'd use them...We've always gotten them but really only hopped a few times on each trip.

What do you think?

Thanks ya'll!

While we wait...I thought you would be a great group to ask this question.

The only reason we are going is to take advantage of the free dining. We just did POFQ/Jan8-18 and didn't think we'd go again for awhile so this has to be a budget trip.

Question #1....The 16th is the first day for the free dining but we would like to fly in on the 15th so that we can have a whole day on the
16th. What is the best way to handle the ressie? Do we stay the 15th on a seperate one night ressie and then start our FD ressie on the 16th?

Question #2 We are staying from the 15th to the 22 or most likely the 23rd (DD starts school on the 24th :eek: Way to squeeze in a vacation at the last minute!;))Since we most likely won't be going to the parks on our travel days but we can purchase those days park ticket for a few bucks more...can we use those extra 2 days as a "just in case" park hoppers? When I called to make a deposit CM told us that the hoppers are an extra $200 and I really don't think we'd use them...We've always gotten them but really only hopped a few times on each trip.

What do you think?

Thanks ya'll!

For the first question, you can book the 15th as a room only reservation. Easy enough. Then book your package stay beginning the 16th. I haven't done it, but I've read enough reports of others doing it.

Second, you can't use the extra days as hoppers. Disney has made sure that the system will recognize if you have already used your park ticket at another park the same day.

Personally, I tried no hoppers last trip and I won't do it again. But I realize every family has their own preferences. Hoppers work best for our crew for now.

We're trying no hoppers for the first time this visit. We bought them for our family of five last time ($250) and used them exactly once in 9 days (to see Fantasmic on a day before a break for us).

However, since this will be a shorter visit, I'm wondering if we'll miss them more. Especially since we'll be doing the free dining and may need it just to get the ADR's. Guess if I ever get park hours and make ADR's I'll decide at that time. I'd just rather spend the money on the water parks option if anything (although I'm not planning on that either now again because it's only 6 days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter