Wait! Where's your wedding ring? An Oct. 2013 Disneymoon TR Updated 5/7!

Missy,

I PM'd you, but I'm not sure that it worked because after I hit send, the whole thing reappeared, I hit send again, and then it said it sent. Did you receive anything? If not, I'll have to PM you again tomorrow.

:wave2: wow Missy those Disney touches were fantastic. I loved them all as nothing screamed Disney but instead just added subtle touches. The shoes were gorgeous and I really liked the white pumpkins on the tables and Franklin's cuff links and ... yep loved everything.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. I love Franklin's photos.

Lx

OMG Missy you really did a brilliant job :goodvibes Wish you were planning my daughter's wedding. Love all the little details but especially love Franklin's cufflinks . You both looked absolutely stunning and the expression on your face during the Hora is priceless :rotfl:

MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN I ENVISIONED!:dance3::yay:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!
I also love that French toast and sausage...Think that is a "must do" on our first "childless" trip in many, many years!!!! Youngest will be "tucked" away in college and we will be taking a 4 night, 5 day trip the first two weeks of December to check out the Holiday decorations at WDW!!!
CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!:cheer2::thumbsup2

Hoping to get a lakeview studio at VGF! If not, BWV is our second choice! Both have great advantages...Think that the VGF though is my preference for this trip! Really looking forward to walking as we love to do around...Will walk over to Captain Cooks perhaps for lunch one day as we hear that it is very good for a quick serve! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MY DOLE WHIP!!!! YUM!:yay::yay:

Missy...all i can say is....

WOW!!!!

You two look amazing....love all the wedding details, the pictures, everything! What a fabulous job! I wish you both a lifetime of love, health and happiness!!!

Missy, What amazing photos of the GF and of your wedding! Seeing your photos makes me want to stay at the Grand again.:goodvibes Its such a relaxing, beautiful place. I need to find out how to make the topiaries for my sons rehearsal dinner in September. Everything with your wedding was thought out perfectly....your giving me too many ideas!:thumbsup2:):goodvibes:)

I absolutely ADORE all the Disney touches in your wedding! I really wish that we had more time (and the desire) to incorporate the many ideas I had in mind. When we planned our wedding, I started really detesting it for the last couple of months because it was stressful trying to handle the logistics + family expectations with Chinese traditions and such + planning and teaching, which is already stressful on its own! I wanted to get married at Disney SO badly and just have an Escape wedding from the start of it, but it wasn't really "allowed." I got really anxious thinking about being in front of everyone and being the center of attention.

The only Disney additions we were able to include were our pens that were part of our favors. My husband designed these, and you can see the castle to the right!

RHDetailsLowRes-002.jpg

I, on the other hand, was doing all the other crafty things. I did our placecards by hand and had a punched Mickey head on them. I also made our favors, which were greeting cards (two of those with a pen were put together in a little package). Lastly, most of my time was spent making our centerpieces. It saved us a TON of money, but it ate up so much of my time.

RHDetailsLowRes-105.jpg

I look at your wedding pictures and read your recap and think about how much FUN it looked. Though I love our wedding day because I got to marry my best friend, I still look back and wish we could have done it our way (small wedding in Disney, dinners/informal parties with people back home). People kept telling me, "You'll regret not having a big wedding!" and I said that I wouldn't, but they didn't think I knew what I wanted. I did then, and I still do now!

I think all that gives me a good excuse to have a vow renewal or something in WDW years from now :D hehe.

*Hope you don't mind I added pics! I'll delete them if you do!*

Congratulations on your wedding, I loved all the details - so beautiful :goodvibes

I'm also loving your Disney TR too, the photos are beautiful and OMG I could very happily live in the GF Grand Villa :)

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOU NEWLYWEDS, MISSY AND FRANKLIN AND RACHELNINJA AND HUBBIE! MAY BOTH OF YOU COUPLE LIVE LONG HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIVES TOGETHER!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Missy and Franklin, your wedding pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!:dance3::woohoo::dance3:

Racheninja...I LOVE your Disney pens and the centerpieces were SO PRETTY!:yay::thumbsup2

Hope that you both enjoy DVC with your husbands and perhaps future family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful wedding! I really love the subtle touches --- so much thought put into it all!

And the Newseum! What an awesome venue! I've been there for meetings and liked it a lot, so I can only imagine how cool it was as a wedding venue.

Congrats! :)

Missy, your wedding was classy, glamorous, beautiful, fun loving and really showed the spirit of you and Franklin. I love every detail! I really love the photos at the end with Franklin & his camera. Every single detail is so thoughtfully designed. Congratulations again! pixiedust:

Missy,
Your wedding was beautiful and all of the subtle Disney details were perfect! I am enjoying reading your TR. We are staying at the GF in June for the first time. The VGF looks amazing!!

Wow your wedding was amazing! Seriously the most gorgeous wedding ever. Your cake is AMAZING! Definitely my dream wedding! Now to bookmark your TR for the future :)

BY the way the gf villas are amazing too. After seeing your impeccable taste in your wedding planning I can definitely tell they fit your style!

Lastly, most of my time was spent making our centerpieces. It saved us a TON of money, but it ate up so much of my time.

RHDetailsLowRes-105.jpg

Congrats to you! The flowers are gorgeous, but at the same time, I HATE them.:rotfl: Let me explain: My best friend is getting married and we have been cutting up maps of the Caribbean and folding these flowers in all sizes for months. We are using them for all the flower needs for her wedding since it is a destination wedding and live flowers cannot be brought to this location, and there is not a florist on the island. If I never fold another paper flower... :lmao: Luckily, the arrangements, bouquets, corsages, etc. are all turning out to be amazingly gorgeous, so it is worth all the effort.

Um, wow. I mean, wow. Your Disney Wedding details just kept going and going! It would be so hard to pick one out...but ahsjdfhjkdjdf!!! those shoes!! Seriously? Wow. And the Epcot cufflinks? If you had a wedding in Disney....using their Disney Wedding Planner....I cannot imagine you would not of had such attention to Disney detail!

There definitely were more Disney touches than we ever imagined going into the planning. But just kept finding cute ways to insert just a touch of Disney there and another touch there, that we just kept adding! Luckily it never felt over the top.

We were also lucky to have wedding planners who really "got" how we feel about Disney. They understood that there's an adult love of Disney and that's what we wanted to shine through in those details. I think they may have even read a few chapters in our TRs to get a better feel for Disney.

Oh my goodness I think that was just perfect! I think it was done so tastefully...so many wonderful and special little touches! And OH EM GEE the VGF are just beautiful! My DH is sitting next to me and he has never shown any interest in any resort other then our home resort of AKV...however, he just said he would like to live in the VGF!!

I'm with your DH, I could move into VGF now! And thanks for the compliments about the wedding!

I have one word to describe your wedding - AWESOME!

Thank you so, so much!

OK seriously? Coolest themed wedding ever. I love the music choices--fun and yet classic. Those colors are gorgeous! I can tell you spent a lot of time planning the details, and it turned out great!! I never would have thought of things like the custom cufflinks or shoes--very nice touches. And the hoodies you had made, awesome bridesmaid gifts!

As for posting wedding details--this IS your honeymoon TR! It's kinda related. And it's even Disney-related! I love it.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Missy,

I PM'd you, but I'm not sure that it worked because after I hit send, the whole thing reappeared, I hit send again, and then it said it sent. Did you receive anything? If not, I'll have to PM you again tomorrow.

I did get the PM, I have an email I started back to you. I promise I'll finish and send it tomorrow!

:wave2: wow Missy those Disney touches were fantastic. I loved them all as nothing screamed Disney but instead just added subtle touches. The shoes were gorgeous and I really liked the white pumpkins on the tables and Franklin's cuff links and ... yep loved everything.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. I love Franklin's photos.

Lx

Thank you, it means so much to hear you (and everyone who has responded) say you love the Disney touches. Because Disney means as much to all of you as it does to us. So it's nice to see you loved the touches as much as we did!

OMG Missy you really did a brilliant job :goodvibes Wish you were planning my daughter's wedding. Love all the little details but especially love Franklin's cufflinks . You both looked absolutely stunning and the expression on your face during the Hora is priceless

Feel free to ping me with any wedding-planning questions. I've become quite the expert! And yes, that face during the Hora was the definition of a candid photo!

Oh and the VGF are pretty cool too-forgot to mention them I was so blown away by your wedding

Thanks

MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN I ENVISIONED!:dance3:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!
I also love that French toast and sausage...Think that is a "must do" on our first "childless" trip in many, many years!!!! Youngest will be "tucked" away in college and we will be taking a 4 night, 5 day trip the first two weeks of December to check out the Holiday decorations at WDW!!!
CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Hoping to get a lakeview studio at VGF! If not, BWV is our second choice! Both have great advantages...Think that the VGF though is my preference for this trip! Really looking forward to walking as we love to do around...Will walk over to Captain Cooks perhaps for lunch one day as we hear that it is very good for a quick serve! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MY DOLE WHIP!!!! YUM!:yay:

What are your December dates? We'll be there Dec. 6-14 at Boardwalk. Be open to standard view studios at VGF, there are more of them and the view is actually really pretty (you can see the Wedding pavilion and the Poly). But BWV is not a bad backup to have!

Missy...all i can say is....

WOW!!!!

You two look amazing....love all the wedding details, the pictures, everything! What a fabulous job! I wish you both a lifetime of love, health and happiness!!!

Thank you so much! I know my friends and family sometimes give me crap about calling Dis members friends, but I really feel such a connection and friendship with so many of you. And that is exactly why I wanted to share all the details of our wedding with all of you!

Missy, What amazing photos of the GF and of your wedding! Seeing your photos makes me want to stay at the Grand again. Its such a relaxing, beautiful place. I need to find out how to make the topiaries for my sons rehearsal dinner in September. Everything with your wedding was thought out perfectly....your giving me too many ideas!:thumbsup2:):goodvibes:)

Glad to help with wedding inspiration and throw any specific questions about anything my way. Here's the Web site to learn how to make the topiaries. Hope it helps you!

The details in your wedding were amazing!

Awww, thank you so much!

I absolutely ADORE all the Disney touches in your wedding! I really wish that we had more time (and the desire) to incorporate the many ideas I had in mind. When we planned our wedding, I started really detesting it for the last couple of months because it was stressful trying to handle the logistics + family expectations with Chinese traditions and such + planning and teaching, which is already stressful on its own! I wanted to get married at Disney SO badly and just have an Escape wedding from the start of it, but it wasn't really "allowed." I got really anxious thinking about being in front of everyone and being the center of attention.

The only Disney additions we were able to include were our pens that were part of our favors. My husband designed these, and you can see the castle to the right!

RHDetailsLowRes-002.jpg

I, on the other hand, was doing all the other crafty things. I did our placecards by hand and had a punched Mickey head on them. I also made our favors, which were greeting cards (two of those with a pen were put together in a little package). Lastly, most of my time was spent making our centerpieces. It saved us a TON of money, but it ate up so much of my time.

RHDetailsLowRes-105.jpg

I look at your wedding pictures and read your recap and think about how much FUN it looked. Though I love our wedding day because I got to marry my best friend, I still look back and wish we could have done it our way (small wedding in Disney, dinners/informal parties with people back home). People kept telling me, "You'll regret not having a big wedding!" and I said that I wouldn't, but they didn't think I knew what I wanted. I did then, and I still do now!

I think all that gives me a good excuse to have a vow renewal or something in WDW years from now :D hehe.

*Hope you don't mind I added pics! I'll delete them if you do!*

Don't you DARE take those photos down, I love them! Those flowers look spectacular! For us, we knew we wanted to do the whole black-tie wedding thing in a city environment and we really didn't want the guest list to get too unwieldy. So we picked our dream location, which also came with a hard cap of 170 people. That helped Franklin and I put our foot down with our parents about who to invite and who wasn't invited.

I love your idea of the Disney vow renewal!

Congratulations on your wedding, I loved all the details - so beautiful :goodvibes

I'm also loving your Disney TR too, the photos are beautiful and OMG I could very happily live in the GF Grand Villa :)

Thank you so much... for everything!

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOU NEWLYWEDS, MISSY AND FRANKLIN AND RACHELNINJA AND HUBBIE! MAY BOTH OF YOU COUPLE LIVE LONG HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIVES TOGETHER!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Missy and Franklin, your wedding pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!:dance3::woohoo::dance3:

Racheninja...I LOVE your Disney pens and the centerpieces were SO PRETTY!:yay::thumbsup2

Hope that you both enjoy DVC with your husbands and perhaps future family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much! We can't wait to start a family, so that will happen in time. We've definitely got enough DVC points to keep our future kids happy for a while. :goodvibes

What a beautiful wedding! I really love the subtle touches --- so much thought put into it all!

And the Newseum! What an awesome venue! I've been there for meetings and liked it a lot, so I can only imagine how cool it was as a wedding venue.

Congrats! :)

We loooooooved the venue. It's heard to find a venue in D.C. that feels sleek and modern. That what we loved about the Newseum, the building was all metal and glass (very sleek), but it was all windows so you see classic Washington right outside. It was the best of both worlds!

Missy, your wedding was classy, glamorous, beautiful, fun loving and really showed the spirit of you and Franklin. I love every detail! I really love the photos at the end with Franklin & his camera. Every single detail is so thoughtfully designed. Congratulations again! pixiedust:

Thank you, that is so incredibly sweet of you! :goodvibes

What an amazing wedding! Every detail is just perfect!

Thanks Annie!

Missy,
Your wedding was beautiful and all of the subtle Disney details were perfect! I am enjoying reading your TR. We are staying at the GF in June for the first time. The VGF looks amazing!!

Can't wait to hear about your GF stay, we'll be there soon after that in August!

Wow your wedding was amazing! Seriously the most gorgeous wedding ever. Your cake is AMAZING! Definitely my dream wedding! Now to bookmark your TR for the future :)

BY the way the gf villas are amazing too. After seeing your impeccable taste in your wedding planning I can definitely tell they fit your style!

Our cake was done by Maggie Austin Cake. She is AMAZING to work with. So is so creative and crafts the most beautifully detailed cakes that I've ever seen! Her cake might have been my favorite aspect of the whole wedding!

Welcome back friends! We last left off with a delicious breakfast at Grand Floridian and a tour of the new Villas at the Grand Floridian that really blew our socks off. What was next on our plan for the day? Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party, of course.

This would be our third Halloween party in as many years. We didnt know what to expect at our first party in 2011, so we both got cute Disney Halloween shirts to wear.

i-drQncmK-L.jpg

Then last year, we got into the Halloween spirit and went as Mickey and Minnie.

DSC_2685-L.jpg

We had so much fun and had such incredible interactions with characters and CMs while in our costumes, that we decided to dress up again in 2013. So who were we this year?

DSC_0654-L.jpg

Rapunzel and Flynn Rider! I had the dress and tutu made from sellers on Etsy. And my dear friend (who is vastly more crafty than I am) Kelley turned a denim shirt into Franklins Flynn vest. And Franklins satchel? That is his new leather camera bag that Id given him as his wedding present.

Quick note: It was while we were taking this photo that I realized Franklin was missing his wedding ring. Apparently he'd taken it off to wash his hands back in our room at YC and he forgot to put it back on. So here we were, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider with Just Married buttons on and he wasn't wearing a wedding ring. D'Oh!

We arrived at the park just after 2 and were met by a gloriously uncrowded park (I just love party days, the short hours keep people away!).

DSC_0640-L.jpg

We headed for The Plaza for our late lunch/early dinner. You dont want to waste party time on dinner. So our party-day ritual has evolved to having a big meal when we get to the park and then snacking during the party later on.

DSC_0642-L.jpg

The restaurants crowd mimicked the (lack of) crowds outside.

DSC_0645-L.jpg

We split the cheesesteak and a hot fudge sundae.

DSC_0644-L.jpg

DSC_0647-L.jpg

Both were fabulous. And on this hot day, the ice cream really hit the spot. After we paid the bill, we headed back into the park.

DSC_0649-L.jpg

We needed to go get our party wristbands, so we were off to the Rose Garden. There was a short line, but it didnt take too long before we were helped by a CM. He scanned our first ticket and then when he scanned the second ticket, he said Hmmmm. Hmmmm? That is never good. He told us that this ticket was for another date, Dec. 5. Um, that isnt possible. We bought those tickets in the same transaction. And then it dawned on me that when I had picked up my party tickets at Epcots Guest Relations, the CM helping me had said there was a slight issue, but it would only take her a couple of minutes to work things out. Since she handed me the two tickets just a few minutes later, I hadnt given it another thought. I pulled my phone out and pulled up the receipt for the tickets from the purchase months before. The CM said there was nothing he could do with just the iPads they had at this location, so I would have to go to City Hall to get this straightened out.

We had FP+ reservations for Big Thunder Mountain that were about to expire. So I told Franklin to go use it while I headed for City Hall. Luckily, I was helped my a CM that actually seemed to know what she was doing. I ran through what had happened at Epcot and at the Rose Garden. The CM confirmed that the ticket was scanning as a ticket for Dec. 5. I gave her my phone with the e-receipt from the purchase. She pulled up the purchase on her computer and said somehow the CM at Epcot had put both our party tickets on one physical ticket. And then when she realized what she did, she tried to put one ticket onto a second card and that is where things got mixed up. While she was getting everything straightened out, she asked where Flynn Rider was. I told her about the FP+ reservations that were going to expire and she whipped out an anytime-FP for us to use to make up for the FP+ reservation I had to miss to get this straightened out. It was so kind and unexpected of her! With my new ticket in hand, I went to the wristband station at the front of the park. Franklin met me there.

With both of us (finally) wristbanded, we went back over to Tomorrowland to use our final two FP+ reservations for the day. We had a few minutes to kill before our Space Mountain reservation came due, so we hopped onto the PeopleMover.

DSC_0655-L.jpg

DSC_0659-L.jpg

As we finished our ride, I told Franklin to go ahead to Space Mountain without me. Id spent a bunch of time trying to pin my ridiculously curly hair to the Rapunzel braid that was attached to my hoodie, so I really didnt want to have to do that again after riding a coaster. So I stayed on PeopleMover for another spin around Tomorrowland, while Franklin headed for Space.

DSC_0664-L.jpg

DSC_0666-L.jpg

i-c59zkxV-L.jpg

I waited for Franklin near the Lunching Pad and before long, he had made his way there too. We had one more FP+ reservation to use: Buzz!

DSC_0675-L.jpg

DSC_0677-L.jpg

DSC_0686-L.jpg

Check out that Flynn smolder!

i-fzJNM64-L.jpg

And I lost, yet again. Sigh.

DSC_0693-L.jpg

We spilt up for a bit. I was going to go hang out at Princess Fairytale Hall to wait for them to start a party line for the princesses and princes. Franklin had a more productive use of his time, he had two more cinemagraphs he wanted to try. The first was at Splash Mountain.

DSC_0716-L.gif

I cannot get over how cool these turn out! I have such a talented hubby! The other was at my favorite Disney ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

DSC_0705-L.gif

Too cool, right?!?! I had gotten in line, which they started outside the building until it got closer to party time. Since Id never been inside Fairytale Hall, I had no idea what to expect once they moved the line inside. So I called Franklin and told him to meet me ASAP so he could join me in the line without any problems.

I was blown away by the building, it was just adorable!

DSC_0722-L.jpg

DSC_0724-L.jpg

DSC_0725-L.jpg

DSC_0727-L.jpg

DSC_0730-L.jpg

We were second in line, Snow White and her Prince were our first stop. They were cute, but a bit bland when it came to interactions.

DSC_0738-L.jpg

The family in front of us had moved quickly because by the time we finished taking our quick photo with Snow, Punzy and Flynn were waiting for us. As we took our first steps toward the other side of the room, Rapunzel ran over and jumped into my arms. She loved my tutu! And she said she was jealous of how pretty and yellow my braid was!

DSC_0740-L.jpg

Flynn and Punzy both liked my frying pan. They each took a practice swing with it. Frying pans, who knew?

DSC_0742-L.jpg

The fun secret for meeting Flynn Rider is to ask what’s in his satchel. He’ll show you, but he’ll make you pinky swear not to tell anyone. But on this night, Flynn was dying to know what was in Franklin’s satchel. So Franklin made FLYNN promise not to tell anyone what he saw in there. Needless to say, Flynn and Rapunzel were both pretty amazed at all the “magical picture-taking stuff” Franklin had in there.

DSC_0744-L.jpg

Flynn wanted to see Franklin’s smolder, so Franklin gave it all he had.

DSC_0751-L.jpg

Time for one last photo, definitely seeing double on this one!

DSC_0749-L.jpg

This was easily one of the best character experiences we’ve ever had at Disney. It was so relaxed and fun. And filled with fantastic little details about each character. I know some people don’t think it’s worth it to dress up at these parties, or feel silly dressing up as adults, but when you have an interaction like this one? There is absolutely nothing like it! We were a little ticked off that the Photopass photographer hadn’t arrived at Fairytale Hall by the time to party started, so there were no PP photos of those meet and greets, so frustrating! Luckily we have a good camera, but we didn’t get to have any fun party borders on our Rapunzel and Flynn photos.

By the time we came out of Fairytale Hall, it was dark. We saw Minnie was meeting people near along the New Fantasyland wall. Hmmm, doesn’t she normally meet with Mickey at Town Square Theater during the parties? Eh, whatever, there were only a handful of people in line, so we hopped in.

DSC_0753-L.jpg

We looked over at the Seven Dwarfs line. It started at the entrance to New Fantasyland and stretched back almost to the Tea Cups. Crazy!

DSC_0756-L.jpg

We wanted to take some fun party pictures on the Tea Cups in our costumes. There was absolutely no line, we hopped in the first tea cup we came upon.

DSC_0757-L.jpg

DSC_0769-L.jpg

DSC_0779-L.jpg

Alice and the Mad Hatter were in their usual M&G spot and there were about seven or eight families in line. The line was a little longer than we like, but we’d never met Mad Hatter, so we gave it a shot. About halfway through the line, Alice had to take a break, but the Mad Hatter stayed. And let me tell you, he was a hoot!

He first wanted to know if I had eggs in my bag. What??!?! “Well, you’re carrying around a frying pan, so shouldn’t you have some eggs as well?”

Hahahahahahaha. I knew we were in for some fun.

i-QpVJrMT-L.jpg

He said he’d never seen hair as long as mine.

i-QpVJrMT-L.jpg

He then asked if he could climb on my hair. Why not?

i-tFqJLCP-L.jpg

i-MLBX5tF-L.jpg

He got to the top of my braid and then looked around on the ground and said, “Well that didn’t get me very far.”

i-7HZPcX6-L.jpg

Hahahahaha. Seriously, we were on a roll with characters on this night. One of the characters I had on my to-do list for that night was Cruella DeVille. We’d never met her before (and there aren’t many of the villains we haven’t met). It was off to the castle we went for the Villiains Mix and Mingle. Knowing she meets on the right side of the castle after the show, we made our way to the front of the crowds and nabbed a spot right next to the ramp. It wasn’t the most fantastic view of the show, but it would put us in perfect position to grab the photo we wanted in fairly short order.

DSC_0788-L.jpg

DSC_0792-L.jpg

DSC_0793-L.jpg

DSC_0797-L.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter