Wait Times Online?

AMouse&ADream

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if ride wait times are accessible online? I know you can get fuzzy estimates at http://m.disneyland.com, but I'd like to know if there is a way to access the information similar to the board on the north end of Main Street, something that will show the estimated wait times.

I don't know about wait times online but I've been told by several people that there are iPhone apps (one official, the other not) with DL line wait times.

Does anyone know if ride wait times are accessible online? I know you can get fuzzy estimates at http://m.disneyland.com, but I'd like to know if there is a way to access the information similar to the board on the north end of Main Street, something that will show the estimated wait times.
FWIW, I tried to use the wait time info in the link you gave and it never worked for me in July.

WoW!!!!

Thanks for sharing :-)

This oughta help the WDW folks more comfortable going to DLR...

Great updated app with updated wait times every so few minutes on iPhone or Droid. They also have a paid app of Hidden Mickeys

I'm not sure about online websites as opposed to mobile apps, but I've heard a lot of good things about MouseWait. It's on the Iphone, it's free.

They supposedly have a beta version for non I-phones, but I haven't heard much about that.

Check out http://touringplans.com/disneyland. Their DLR version is still beta; but early reports are saying its quite accurate. Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet. They have apps available or you can access through most any mobile browser.
Wow, I thought touringplans.com was banned from DIS. Guess the ban has been lifted.

Also very cool TP is starting a DLR crowd calendar!

On a final note it sounded like the OP was asking about real time wait time estimates. I did not see that on the TP website. What they offer is pre-trip wait time predictions for itinerary preparation - at least that is what they do for WDW and I assume they are launching for DLR. Having tried their WDW touring plans I personally have a preference for RideMax. It has been a couple years since I compared them but RM appeared to be a lot mroe flexible and easier to use.

:)

Wow, I thought touringplans.com was banned from DIS. Guess the ban has been lifted.

What's this all about? :confused3 I wasn't aware of any ban and certainly don't want to be spreading contraband.

Once you log into TP you can access "lines" which gives wait times and allows you to upload your wait times. I think it uses a combination of historical data and uploaded wait times for estimates. Like I said, early reports say that it is very accurate, FWIW.

That said, if TP is banned for some reason, please let me know. I'm certainly not advocating on their behalf, just sharing some information I ran across.

What's this all about? :confused3 I wasn't aware of any ban and certainly don't want to be spreading contraband.

Once you log into TP you can access "lines" which gives wait times and allows you to upload your wait times. I think it uses a combination of historical data and uploaded wait times for estimates. Like I said, early reports say that it is very accurate, FWIW.

That said, if TP is banned for some reason, please let me know. I'm certainly not advocating on their behalf, just sharing some information I ran across.
Sorry, I was not trying to scold you! :laughing:

The ban was put in place such that users could not provide links to their site like you did. I do not know all the reasons but when that happens it is because the DIS webmasters think someone is doing something commercially self-promoting. In others words the TP staff was somehow using DIS to drive traffic to their "for pay" site. At least DIS thought so.

Apparently DIS and TP worked out their differences. That is proven by the fact that you provided a TP link and it worked! :)

Sorry, I was not trying to scold you! :laughing:

The ban was put in place such that users could not provide links to their site like you did. I do not know all the reasons but when that happens it is because the DIS webmasters think someone is doing something commercially self-promoting. In others words the TP staff was somehow using DIS to drive traffic to their "for pay" site. At least DIS thought so.

Apparently DIS and TP worked out their differences. That is proven by the fact that you provided a TP link and it worked! :)

No worries HydoGuy, didn't take it as a scolding. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crossing any lines. Thanks for keeping me honest.:thumbsup2

Now, I for one, would like to hear more about on line wait times, anyone? I have a BlackBerry, so my options are limited for apps.

Does anyone know of any Blackberry apps to help us in the parks???

I love my blackberry, but boy are they lacking in the app department!!

I'm not sure. I have no idea what Rogers is.

Take a look a this though, it seems like it can work through texts, but I'm not sure how that would work or if it would in your case.

http://disneyparksmobile.com/faq/Default.aspx?o=y

Rogers is the Canadian version of Verizon, without the good prices and great apps :worship:

I think Im just going to have to do it the old fashioned way and get my husband to run ahead and find us a line that is short :rotfl2: He should probably start training now so he's prepared :rotfl:

On a final note it sounded like the OP was asking about real time wait time estimates.

Yes. I know there are apps out there, like MouseWait, that will allow people to upload wait times, and it will extrapolate based on that data. What I was hoping to find was something that Disney themselves provided.

For instance, when you approach a ride like Space Mountain, the time is listed on an electronic board. It would seem that within Disney internally, they can access that information electronically, and they may be providing it online somewhere. I know many of the ride wait times are not electronic, and so perhaps this is just a pipe dream. But online access to real-time wait time estimates of rides would be a great thing for them to provide.

Yes. I know there are apps out there, like MouseWait, that will allow people to upload wait times, and it will extrapolate based on that data. What I was hoping to find was something that Disney themselves provided.

For instance, when you approach a ride like Space Mountain, the time is listed on an electronic board. It would seem that within Disney internally, they can access that information electronically, and they may be providing it online somewhere. I know many of the ride wait times are not electronic, and so perhaps this is just a pipe dream. But online access to real-time wait time estimates of rides would be a great thing for them to provide.
Maybe Mobile Magic is what you want?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-first-disney-parks-mobile-app-now-available/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter