Wait times for WW HP

chip&dale1

Earning my ears.
Can anyone please tell me what the wait times are like for WWHP ? We are going to Universal on 24 Aug (staying at WDW) and I am concerned our children will be disappointed if we cant get it due to long wait times.Maybe it would be better to wait until next year.Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Unless a ride is physically down they won't kick you off it. So you have the choice of getting there nice and early and picking your time to wait or enjoy everything else the park has to offer and get in line late in the evening. As long as you're lined up before the park closes you'll get on. We actually found the Ollivander's line to be far more annoying than the FJ line because while you wait for FJ you have all of the details of the castle, which totally blows away anything you will see in WDW. The Ollivander's line just has you waiting outside in the August heat twiddling your thumbs.

During this past week we have consistently seen posted times of 60 minutes but we didn't really look during the peak times of the day.

We are here now, Sunday, July 25, (self and 2 kids). We are staying off-site. We were in line for WWHP by 8:05 and were at/near the front of the line. They let us in at 8:30 and we went right to Hogwarts/FJ. We were through and on our way to the Flight of the Hippogriff by 9:03 am.
There was only a 5 min wait for Hippogriff. We rode, drank butterbeer, shopped for candy at Honeyduke's, had our postcards stamped at the Owl Post,
And were out of WWHP by 10:00 am.

When we were walking out, the line was now back into Jurassic Park and getting longer.
Getting here early was key!

Crowds should be down by August 24. Just get there a half hour or so before opening and you'll be able to get in.

We are here now, Sunday, July 25, (self and 2 kids). We are staying off-site. We were in line for WWHP by 8:05 and were at/near the front of the line. They let us in at 8:30 and we went right to Hogwarts/FJ. We were through and on our way to the Flight of the Hippogriff by 9:03 am.
There was only a 5 min wait for Hippogriff. We rode, drank butterbeer, shopped for candy at Honeyduke's, had our postcards stamped at the Owl Post,
And were out of WWHP by 10:00 am.

When we were walking out, the line was now back into Jurassic Park and getting longer.
Getting here early was key!

good to hear a positive report from an 'offsiter' :thumbsup2

good to hear a positive report from an 'offsiter' :thumbsup2

I agree! We're staying offsite in November and it's positive to see that one can have a great vacation/really enjoy WWoHP without staying onsite!
OP, I think planning is key. Get to the parks early-- hour to half hour before opening and you should be okay. Also, from what I've heard, heading into WWoHP in the evening time works well for getting short lines.
Historically, late August is great time for visiting. Lines are never super long. I suspect the rest of the parks will have fairly short lines.

We're going on August 24th, too, while also staying on-property at WDW. Maybe we'll see you waiting to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter