Wait time with ADR?

On average, we are seated within 5-10 minutes of arrival. We usually wait a solid 15 minutes for Liberty Tree Tavern every time we go there for lunch. Our longest wait was at Coral Reef on a Saturday evening - it was between an hour and and hour and a half.

Just got back on Saturday night and had 6 TS meals. The only one we waited for was 1900 PF dinner. There was a lady that I was speaking with in the lobby that said she was waiting for 50 minutes and she really wanted to leave, but her daughter really wanted to see Cinderella. I felt really bad for her because she had two younger kids that were getting really tired, hungry and grumpy. It was their first day and it was less than magical. Her husband kept pointing out other groups that arrived after they did that were getting tables ahead of them.

It could be they were late for their ADR and were then treated as a walk up. Just a thought.

An ADR is a reservation, Advance Dining Reservation

You should be seated as soon as possible, obviously things can happen that can cause delay in seating in a restaurant (everything from a table staying an extra long time or problems in the kitchen.....etc.... who knows)

However, it is a reservation, and will be treated as such.

Actually it isn't an actual reservation, just that you will be seated at the next available table for your party size.Not too long ago ,Disney used to call it "Priority Seating"

I have waited as much as 45 mins to an Hour PAST ADR time..If free dining is going on, and it was in many of my late seatings, it completely changes the game.I allow 90 mins for all Disney dining, and I am USUALLY done before than, but in the few times I was seated really late past my adr, I didn't get out of the restaurant till 2hrs later.I have noticed Earlier dinner times( 430-5p) are less likely to be running behind than later ones

As others have said, it depends upon the restaurant and the crowds. I generally dine only at the signature restaurants and a few of the less popular non-signatures. I usually get to the restaurant about 10 - 15 minutes before the actual ADR time and am always seated within 5 minutes (so, generally before the ADR time). But, if you are trying to hit a more popular place or a character meal, then you may experience some waits past your official time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter