• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait Time for Candlelight Processional (No Dinner Package)

cdackbwv99

Earning My Ears
Help! We just tried to make dinner reservations for the CP and found out that all the dinner packages for the 6:45 and 8:15 shows are booked.

How early would I have to get in line (without the dinner package) to have a chance to see the show??

Thank you for your assistance.

Help! We just tried to make dinner reservations for the CP and found out that all the dinner packages for the 6:45 and 8:15 shows are booked.

How early would I have to get in line (without the dinner package) to have a chance to see the show??

Thank you for your assistance.

Depending on the date, its possible that you might NOT get in, regardless of how early you were there. The DP guests have first-pick and there can be a LOT of them.

Even WITH the DP pass in-hand, guests can start lining up at the DP gate(s) over an hour before the show.

If you're detemined to see a show, my recommendation is to be at the "non-DP" entrance 60-90 minutes before the earliest show of the evening...
and hope you're lucky.

On some nights, its not a problem at all. On others, uh-oh!

Phew! I just decided a few days ago to make an ADR for the DP at CR on Walt's birthday, 12/05. They didn't have standard dinner ressie's, but when I asked about the DP, all of sudden I could get dinner ressies afterall! We're going to the 6:45p show. My understanding is that midweek, first half of December might not be too crowded. As said earlier try 60-90 minutes beforehand. Good luck!

don't be too discouraged. :hug: we went to the 8:15 showing last year and waited in a line approaching Mexico and got in to see the program. It will seat over 700. Check with the CM's at the end of the long the line and they can tell you what number you are - they can also give you a gut instict if you will get in or not. Be prepared to STAND and WAIT :hourglass if you get in - it is soooo worth it!:love:

maybe we've ben just lucky but we've never really waited for the Candlelight Processional. Not even the day after Christmas with Gary Sinise as the narrator. We just said in the Liberty Inn outdoor seating area and when the lines started moving, waited until the first rushof the crowds were let in and then we strolled in and found good seats. We were a party of five I really wanted to see Gary Sinise and was prepared to stand in line for him but found out we didn't really have to. We even had enough time before the show to go to the bathrooms after we found seats and before the show started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter