Wait the Blizzard wasn't in my plans! A January 2016 TR. Updated 4/20 Day 4 Animal Kingdom

it is my birthday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake::flower3: I hope you have a great day!

I don't know how I missed your NYC report but I just read it all, what a great trip! I adore that peach dress Eloise and her doll got :) Not having any girls I've never been to the American Girl Doll store and have never heard of Alice's, which looks really neat. I may have to request a trip there for my next birthday :scratchin

Happy Birthday!! We are off to Alice's in a bit!! Have not been in awhile so looking forward to it.

I hope you had fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake::flower3: I hope you have a great day!

I don't know how I missed your NYC report but I just read it all, what a great trip! I adore that peach dress Eloise and her doll got :) Not having any girls I've never been to the American Girl Doll store and have never heard of Alice's, which looks really neat. I may have to request a trip there for my next birthday :scratchin

Alice's was awesome. I love that I have a girl to do all the fun girl stuff with. I kind of want to go for my next birthday too.

I had a great birthday, lots of time hanging out with the family and relaxing.

I hope Eloise is letting you wear that sweet "Birthday Girl" tiara today!!!

She would have if I had remembered to. I forgot though.

Tuesday March 29th was minion 3's birthday. He turned 5! I can't believe my baby is 5. It is really weird realizing that my youngest is 5, I can't even pretend he is a toddler anymore now. He had a great day though.

sully_5.jpg

sully_unwrap.jpg

sully_presents.jpg

sully_cupcake.jpg

Yesterday we met up with friends and visited the Science Center, it wasn't horribly crowded even being spring break, though it got much nicer after 1 when they school groups and such started leaving. Today we spent some time at the park. I did finish editing day 4 photos so an update on the trip is upcoming in a minute. I just updated the dining report as well.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom, Part 1: The Rain Kept Falling
January 15, 2016

We had decided not to worry about rope drop this morning, since we had had 2 busy park days already. We let the kids sleep until they woke and then checked the weather before getting ready to go. This meant we were ready to go around 9:40am and made it to a very wet Animal Kingdom around 10am. We first stopped for a few pictures.

all_tree_firstentrance.jpg

all_tree_secondentrance.jpg

We then headed back to our first FP+ which was the Safari. There was no real line so we could have skipped the FP+ line, but since we were there we headed in the fastpass entrance. There were tons of animals active and it was a great Safari. We enjoyed our two weeks aboard. Now the required animal pictures.

safari1_blackrhino.jpg

safari1_giraffes.jpg

The giraffes walked right next to our vehicle it was awesome. Especially for minion 2 who loves giraffes.
safari1_giraffenextto.jpg

safari1_lions.jpg

After our Safari it was raining a bit harder and we stopped for a bathroom break. The rain did not look like it planned to stop so we decided to run to something dry and inside. The Lion King show was about to start, so attriel ran with the kids, and I parked the stroller and followed. I got a bit wet walking into a puddle that splashed my jeans to my knees, but it was nice to be inside. Everyone at the park was inside with us, or at least it felt that way.

lion_king_show.jpg

Everyone enjoyed the show and once it was over the rain had slowed down/mostly stopped. Unfortunately the stroller had gotten soaked. I suggested the Safari again. Minion 2 was being super grumpy, and minion 3 just wanted Daddy so minion 1 and I just headed on while the other 2 waited outside with Daddy. We saw a lot of animals again. It was another great Safari, I love the Safari when it is a bit cool and rainy, you see a ton of animals.

safari2_elephants.jpg

safari2_rhinos.jpg

After the second Safari we decided to head out of the park and over to the Lodge for our lunch. We were leaving a bit early, but the youngers were both grumpy and already needed a break. Off to Sanaa we headed. We got there, I changed minion 2's pants since they had gotten wet and she wanted new ones. We waited a bit for our table. While doing so the kids explored and I had a text to deal with from my niece's Mom. Apparently they were staying all week, nothing like having plans change the day before everyone arrives.

We then got seated, drinks and our appetizer.

breadservice.jpg

Our meal was great and we will definitely be back. Towards the end of the meal I had a call from my Mom. Apparently my cousin who lives with them had gotten into some minor trouble so she would not be coming to Disney. My parents would be driving my niece and her Mom with them and leaving the next morning rather then that evening. We discussed the changes. I let my Mom know I would deal with FP+ and such once everyone got there and we got everyone's tickets corrected to the right days, since my niece would now need 2 more days on hers. I did cancel her Saturday FP+ though and move them to Wednesday figuring I'd deal with the Thursday and Friday ones later that week (which I did).

While I was talking to my Mom the kids explored a bit more. We saw this tortoise out the window.
turtle.jpg

We all loved the feel of Animal Kingdom and the kids want to stay there next time. Since it was our plan anyways attriel and I agreed it was a good idea. We then headed back towards Animal Kingdom. We got back around 3:15 and I will continue the rest of the day in the next update.

I'm still alive, just busy! I promise I will finish this report if it takes me until my next Disney World trip in 2018!

Anyways for real life announcements, we are not going on our anniversary trip to Universal, we decided that we did not want to deal with the heat of Orlando in August, so we're currently debating where we do want to go. We're going to add Universal to our 2018 Disney World trip, we figure we'll be staying long enough we can do a day at Universal and all the kids maybe old enough to even enjoy it then.

Also our December Disneyland trip is being moved to January instead I think. I need to start basic planning on that one as well. My Mom wants to come with us, which we think is a great plan, but she will have no more vacation days come December, so we'll hold off till January when she has vacation again.

The next post will be the rest of day 4.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom, Part 2: Whirling and Twirling
January 15, 2016

We headed back to Animal Kingdom which took no time and headed in. We got a few pictures of various kids before moving on.

e_tink.jpg

sully_tree.jpg

sully_pascal.jpg

We then headed over to our meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie. I did not have to FP+ this, but I really had nothing better to FP+ so I had. There was no line and we were quickly meeting both mice.

mickey_minnie_all.jpg

After our visit with the mice we headed back over to Dug and Russell. Minion 1 had seen them on our way to Mickey and Minnie and we had told him we'd go back to meet them. During our meet Russell noticed my R2D2 shirt and acted like r2d2. It was lots of fun. We all enjoyed our visit with the UP! characters even if minion 2 was semi-anti the idea at the beginning.

dug_pet.jpg

randall_dug_des.jpg

randall_dug_kids.jpg

randall_dug_all.jpg

We then headed over to the dino area. We did Dinosaur Dumbo (I can not for the life of me remember the name of this ride, I always call it Dino Dumbo). Everyone enjoyed it. I then took Minion 1 on Primeval Whirl while attriel took the minions back on dino dumbo. Minion 2 was upset because she couldn't sit solo in the back because she was too young. This caused her to pout a bit.

dinospin_e.jpg

dinospin_boys.jpg

We then went to meet Pluto and Goofy. Mostly Pluto since we'd already met Goofy a few times. Poor Goofy had everyone in line wanting Pluto's autograph and not his. Attriel gave him a hug to console him. Pluto was much harder to find then Goofy and this may have been one of the few places we actually did see him this trip.

goofy_hug.jpg

pluto_goofy.jpg

After the meet I took the youngers to the bone yard while attriel took minion 1 back to Primeval Whirl. We met back up at the boneyard did one last spin on dino dumbo and then I took the younger two shopping where they both chose some items they wanted. Minion 2 got an awesome Frozen watch that unfortunately just broke, I need to see if I can get a new one for her, since she loved it. Attriel took minion 1 on one more spin on the whirl and then came and met us in the shop. The park was closed at that point so we made our way out to the front stopping for lots of pictures on the way out.

ak_leaving.jpg

ak_leaving_stitch.jpg

After heading out we decided we didn't feel like going to Rainforest Cafe for dinner and just headed back to Caribbean Beach. We decided to get dinner at the food court, we ended up with 3 adult meals which more then fed all 5 of us. I was a bit distracted during dinner due to sad news about a friend's son. After dinner we headed back to the room. The kids played on their iPads a bit, took showers and baths and then headed to bed. I packed us up some so we were ready to check out in the morning for part 2 of our trip. Attriel put the kids to bed and I took a walk and talked to my Mom on the phone. We figured out our plans for the following day as far as meeting up and checking into the new hotel. After the kids were out attriel packed the car with the suitcases, other then the one we'd need in the morning and we both headed to sleep.

It was a great day and it was nice to take it a bit slow and relax after 2 very busy park days. In the morning we had plans for breakfast and then no real plans for the rest of the day. This may or may have changed after breakfast (hint it did).

CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! :cutie:

We then headed over to our meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie. I did not have to FP+ this, but I really had nothing better to FP+ so I had.
I know that feeling!!! Especially when trying to do FP at Epcot, because of the stupid tier system that forces you to choose stuff you don't really even want! >:(

After our visit with the mice we headed back over to Dug and Russell. Minion 1 had seen them on our way to Mickey and Minnie and we had told him we'd go back to meet them. During our meet Russell noticed my R2D2 shirt and acted like r2d2. It was lots of fun. We all enjoyed our visit with the UP! characters even if minion 2 was semi-anti the idea at the beginning.

dug_pet.jpg

randall_dug_des.jpg

randall_dug_kids.jpg

randall_dug_all.jpg
I always skip this. I LOVE DUG. But I always skip this. Whyyyyy? :confused3

BAHAHAHA!!!! I love this shot! :rotfl:

CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! :cutie:

I know that feeling!!! Especially when trying to do FP at Epcot, because of the stupid tier system that forces you to choose stuff you don't really even want! >:(

I always skip this. I LOVE DUG. But I always skip this. Whyyyyy? :confused3

BAHAHAHA!!!! I love this shot! :rotfl:

We had a great time with Dug. It was an awesome meet.

The Stitch shot was one of my top shots from the entire trip. Their faces were just perfect.

I am currently working on pictures for day 5, our surprise we're doing what? day. In honor of May 4th here are some Star Wars pictures from our day at Disney Studios (day 7) for while you wait.

chewy_kiss.jpg

chewy_posed.jpg

darth_e.jpg

darth_eandme.jpg

A rare sighting of me in a picture.

des_fight.jpg

eloise.jpg

sully.jpg

sully_duck.jpg

eloise_force.jpg

des_force.jpg

hug_chewy.jpg

eloise2.jpg

sully2.jpg

sully_force.jpg

dan_pledgetodarth.jpg

lightsabers.jpg

Love the Jedi Training photo where he has his eyes closed, concentrating on the Force yes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter