Wait staff/server request general and Wonder MR specific

Here are some more names! We had Bonieface last Feb and he was fantastic along with Vitor Lugo. I had put in a request for either when we sailed last Nov and Vitor was no longer on the Wonder and Bonieface had just left that morning for vacation. We ended up with Salomie and Jorge who were both great! Salomie and I made a deal that I can have Bonieface in April when we cruise the MR again and I will have her when my friend and I are on the Hawaii cruise! LOL

Another fan of Bonieface here!

I should post something smart here, but in reality I am just bumping this thread for those who got off the Wonder today or in the last few weeks.

I need a server those blows us away and is awesome with the kiddos, for a few reasons.

1. Well, why would you want a bad server?
2. My dear old mother is used to the old fogey cruises where you can dine whenever you want. I am really having to sell her on rotational dining.
3. If I sell her on it, she will be more inclined to say yes when I invite her to Alaska next summer. With her with us we are Veranda, without we are inside cabin if at all.
4. Happy children = happy twindaddy = happy everyone

thank you everyone for the serving team suggestions!

We just got back today and the servers we had totally made the trip for us. Sedat from Turkey has served on the Wonder for a year and five months and is heading back to Turkey for two months sometime in April but will be coming back. Amazing energy and dedication. Yukiko was our assistant server--she was so sweet and made little origami placecards for our kids and was always ready to help. I had no idea how attached my family would become to them.

This morning when we left the ship (tears), we decided not to do the sit down breakfast and just disembark first thing as we were carrying our own luggage, but everyone in the family wanted to go up to Animator's Palate just to say goodbye to Sedat and Yukiko. We were not able to go in the restaurant because they had just closed and were getting ready for the next serving, but the greeter out front said she would let them know we were here--and a minute later they were both running down the corridor to hug goodbye. I have to say I got a little teary-eyed at how pleased they were to see us, and how my girls were so sad to be leaving them.

When I read the threads about servers here on the boards and how people go out of their way to find the ones they love, I had NO idea how true it all was! I'm sure it is rare to find a server who is not excellent--all the ones we had at other meals were wonderful, friendly and hard-working as well, but Sedat and Yukiko were a perfect match for us, and we were thankful we were randomly selected to have them! :hug:

We just got off the wonder the 22nd and we had Mladen from serbia for our server and jenny from italy for assistant. They were great. Made origami things for our kids nightly....just very good....definitely tipped them above recommended!!!!

We just got back today and the servers we had totally made the trip for us. Sedat from Turkey has served on the Wonder for a year and five months and is heading back to Turkey for two months sometime in April but will be coming back. Amazing energy and dedication. Yukiko was our assistant server--she was so sweet and made little origami placecards for our kids and was always ready to help. I had no idea how attached my family would become to them.

This morning when we left the ship (tears), we decided not to do the sit down breakfast and just disembark first thing as we were carrying our own luggage, but everyone in the family wanted to go up to Animator's Palate just to say goodbye to Sedat and Yukiko. We were not able to go in the restaurant because they had just closed and were getting ready for the next serving, but the greeter out front said she would let them know we were here--and a minute later they were both running down the corridor to hug goodbye. I have to say I got a little teary-eyed at how pleased they were to see us, and how my girls were so sad to be leaving them.

When I read the threads about servers here on the boards and how people go out of their way to find the ones they love, I had NO idea how true it all was! I'm sure it is rare to find a server who is not excellent--all the ones we had at other meals were wonderful, friendly and hard-working as well, but Sedat and Yukiko were a perfect match for us, and we were thankful we were randomly selected to have them! :hug:

That is just awesome, you brought a tear to my eye just thinking about how cool that is! I just want someone to make some Disney magic, and I will have no problem tipping them very well for their trouble. I hope that doesnt sound too obnoxious.

Keep the suggestions coming everyone!

So I had my TA request our server and also our server for Palo. Should I double check once we board that the request was received and if yes... How do I check? Especially for Palo.
You can go to the "dining issues" desk that will be set up in one of the nightclubs along Route 66 upon boarding. Speak with the person there about what you are wanting and they will do what they can to accommodate. As for requesting a server for Palo, just a heads up that whoever you requested may not be scheduled at the same time as your Palo reservation, making it not possible for them to honor your request. We had the private room for brunch and requested a server, but she was not scheduled to be working in Palo on that particular day.

...I just want someone to make some Disney magic, and I will have no problem tipping them very well for their trouble. I hope that doesnt sound too obnoxious....
I know that this is very important to you as you have posted many times requesting names. I think it is beneficial to restate that there are SOOOOOO many great servers. We absolutely LOVED our last server (Kingsley) and have had wonderful servers the two times prior -- and have never requested a single one of them. They all do so much to make everyone's experience wonderful and memorable. Our server from our first cruise, saw us on embarkation day on our third cruise and went out of his way to say hello to us! Our server on our second cruise came by our table to tell us all about her recent marriage and to tease our server about getting "them" on our third cruise. Our Head Servers also made our experiences wonderful and extraordinary. There is Disney magic throughout the dining rooms.

- Dreams

I had Ean from India on the Dream this past summer. He said he wanted to go back to the Wonder in 2012. We put in a request for him just in case but is there anyway to know for sure if he is on board. Has anyone had him recently? Ean was amazing!!! :thumbsup2

We just got off the wonder the 22nd and we had Mladen from serbia for our server and jenny from italy for assistant. They were great. Made origami things for our kids nightly....just very good....definitely tipped them above recommended!!!!

:thumbsup2We were on back to back cruises on the Wonder, Repo and Inaugural Alaska, and were so blessed to have Jenny from Italy on both!! She made us feel so special remembered everything we liked and even found Chocolate mint chip ice cream for dessert when she found out it was our favourite!! Oh yes, the little oragami animals were so special that I brought them home to put in our scrapbook! She is one of the CM;s that made us book a cruise in 2013!:cloud9: ALOHA, Karen and Ron

We were on the 1/15-1/22 Wonder a few weeks ago, and we had Pracha for our server and Abby for our assistant server. They were both outstanding. Another poster mentioned how good Pracha was with kids (we can't really speak to that as there were no kids at our table), but we cannot say enough good about Abby. She was wonderful and she makes a killer Shirley Temple! We were so impressed and happy with the service we got from her that we tipped her more than Pracha (don't tell him though :D), and included an additional letter with our guest survey about how great she was.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday. Fantastic time and our servers were absolutely fantastic. They were Vishal from India and Julia from Peru. Both were wonderful with the kids. Our daughter is Autistic and both went above and beyond to meet her needs.

We went to the last breakfast and Julia was working in the back somewhere I guess. We waited for a bit so we could say goodbye, but she never came back. We asked Vishal to tell her we said goodbye. When we left AP...she was at the opening of the restaurant(must have come out of a backdoor somewhere) And we were all able to have our goodbyes.

She truly was wonderful with the kids and made them origami every night and both of them made us all feel very special.

We had Mladen and Jenny last week. They totally became part of our family each evening and were very patient with the strange mix of kid menu/adult items that our children ordered! I totally agree that it seems everyone loves their servers, and you probably can't go wrong. I believe Jenny will be on leave for the next couple of months.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday. Fantastic time and our servers were absolutely fantastic. They were Vishal from India and Julia from Peru. Both were wonderful with the kids. Our daughter is Autistic and both went above and beyond to meet her needs.

We went to the last breakfast and Julia was working in the back somewhere I guess. We waited for a bit so we could say goodbye, but she never came back. We asked Vishal to tell her we said goodbye. When we left AP...she was at the opening of the restaurant(must have come out of a backdoor somewhere) And we were all able to have our goodbyes.

She truly was wonderful with the kids and made them origami every night and both of them made us all feel very special.

Sounds like a good team to request! Plus my daugthers name is Julia, and she thinks it is the coolest thing in the world to meet other Julias. princess:

Keep the suggestions coming everyone! :grouphug:

On the wonder we had Robert from Croatia as our server and Alessandro (Italy) as our assistant. I believe Alessandro is a regular server now. Both great servers! The best head server we have had has been Tektas (Turkey) and Pierre (France / United States). On the dream I highly recommend Felipe (Peru).

Clint

I can recommend Frano as a server. He was our assistant server on the Panama Canal cruise a year ago- but since has become a "main" not head server. Ali was our head server and he was great too. I thought Frano was wonderful and was " server Allen who was good but just wasn't as relaxed and fun as Frano.

I have to agree that Frano is amazing. We had him as our mail server in December 2011 for our Mexican Riviera Cruise.:thumbsup2

N365PA said:
On the wonder we had Robert from Croatia as our server and Alessandro (Italy) as our assistant. I believe Alessandro is a regular server now. Both great servers! The best head server we have had has been Tektas (Turkey) and Pierre (France / United States). On the dream I highly recommend Felipe (Peru).

Clint

Tektas is AWESOME! I must have heard a dozen times 'I do anything for you ma'am, anything you need!' Sweet sweet man and runs his dining room so smoothly. Always helping out! That's a rare thing :)

We fell in Love with Gerda & Januar, in fact out second day home my 4 yo old looked extremely sad and about to cry, when asked whats wrong his response was "I miss Gerda". It made me wanna cry!

Okay I just read most of the “picture of your server” thread :surfweb: and my questions are this-

Does anyone ever get a “bad” server? :confused3 I have done one cruise and our servers were great- I would have them again in an instant. So are some of them less than wonderful?

Secondly- Does requesting a server really work? I will be on the Wonder to the MR soon :banana: and would like to “guarantee” :thumbsup2 that I have a great service team.

So who should I request (and how) on an upcoming Wonder MR cruise?

Yes, I have gotten a bad server on the Disney Wonder. On the first day at dinner my server and assistant forgot or failed to fill glasses of water/drinks. The server even skipped an entire entree for everyone at our table and was extremely slow. After dinner I complained to the head person and he said he would fix it (which I'm sure he would). Since I had sailed previously on the Wonder I had asked the head person if my previous server was on board (I gave him his name) and he was so I asked if he could switch me to that server and that dining rotation. Since that little episode I always asks for my server if I am on the same ship, in fact I am facebook friends with my server so I know where he is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter