Wait listing for entire stay?

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
#1: I can't even find an opening of even a day. What are the odds that an entire week would open up. 15 Oct-22 Oct.

#2: I don't have enough points if it comes through. Do they only borrow as the reservations comes through?

I found a great sale on KLM Flights and DS is off school that week. But there seems to be no room at the DVC studio at AKV or OKW.

That's a VERY popular time for DVC members to book reservations so your chance of getting a whole week anywhere would be next to nothing. A year or two ago our plans changed and I decided to look 5 months out for an October trip and there was literally nothing, NOTHING to book in any resort in any category for the week we wanted to go (same week you are looking at). Availability starts drying up even a few days after the 11 month window opens at the resorts we own.

The best you can hope for is piecing together days here and there and hope to not have to move too often. And yes, they only borrow if a wait list comes through.

I would NOT waitlist as they will wait until the entire thing becomes available. I recently piecemealed together a vacation of 5night 6 days at PVB Lake View by watching every day. Each day another day became available, I took it. Especially for the resorts you're looking at, it's very likely you'll be able to piecemeal something together, even if you can't stay at one place the whole time and have to do a split-stay. Totally worth doing. Split stays can be fun.

Right now, Oct 19-22 is available at SSR....book that now...then watch all the places you want to stay daily. As a day becomes available, book it. Or you could put in separate waitlists for single nights for each of the nights....that could work. I found checking in the middle of the night or very early morning to be very fruitful. As soon as you see it, book it....

You might catch a day here or there so stalk the website and grab what you can. Your best chance will be as we get close to 30 days from check-in for reservations starting a week or two from your travel dates. At that point anyone holding some/all of your nights who is on the fence about canceling will have to do so to avoid having the points go into the holding account. A lot of people from the UK visit WDW in October and stay for more than one week so some of your dates might open up starting 6 weeks or so from your check-in date.

Keep in mind, at this point, there are probably a good number of people on a waitlist before you. So, if something comes up, you wouldn't necessarily be the one to get it.

if you want to try this I'd pick the most commonly available room to waitlise. OKW or SSR. That's Columbus Day and F&W.
I agree, use the availability tool to see what has partial availability and then take what you can and then supplement with waitlists and checking back frequently.

#1: I can't even find an opening of even a day. What are the odds that an entire week would open up. 15 Oct-22 Oct.

#2: I don't have enough points if it comes through. Do they only borrow as the reservations comes through?

I found a great sale on KLM Flights and DS is off school that week. But there seems to be no room at the DVC studio at AKV or OKW.
Getting the full week at a time, even at SSR, is not likely to happen. It really comes down to how likely you are to go if you don't get the wait list. If you're only going to go if you get the wait list, hold off on your flights. If you're set on going, get your flights and book a cash reservation you can cancel either on or off property. Your best chance of success is to wait list for single days. If I was determined to piece it together, I'd wait list the first 2 days as singles then stalk the website picking up any single days that come available. Then add additional wait list days as singles if any of those are what's already wait listed.

No harm in trying obviously but this late it is highly unlikely you will get a full week in October.

Thank friends. After thinking about it, the cost, even with the flight, new passes, food is going to be crazy expensive. Maybe next year with better planning.

I have a similar question. Hubby and I leave in 46 days and would love to stay at BCV studio or BWV studio or 1BR. Last night all but one night was available in the middle of the stay. We are currently booked at SSR. I was too nervous to book 2 stays and then hope a Saturday popped up in the same category. Is that something that happens often enough that it's a fairly safe change? Worst case scenario for us is moving resorts! I'd rather just stay sonewhere less convenient!

I took a chance and switched our stay to BWV 1 BR standard view and one day in the middle of our stay was unavailable and the wait list for the single day in the middle came through. What a relief and quite fast! I was expecting to wait for several more days until the 30/31 day mark came up. Wait lists works! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter