Wait listed for Oct 9?

KennySC

Mouseketeer
I'm wait listed for Oct 9 at all DVC resorts at Disney for a studio. When calling they have NO inventory in any type room for Oct 9 at ANY resort. Am I alone on this wait list? Any ideas of why this date is being difficult? I know Food and Wine in happening but there are days on both sides of Oct 9. Even member services seemed very surprised why this one date is being difficult. It is close to Columbus Day and also the date for a discounted MNSSHP..

Just looked at our school calendar and Oct 9th is Yom Kippur and our kids have off from school.

We are waitlisted for OCT 12. No availability any room type at any DVC resort. We got 13-17 without trouble.

Must be a busy time.

Maybe it has something to do with the Race for the Taste 10k on Sunday the 12th? Not sure about the OP date of the 9th however... :confused3

I called yesterday and MS indicated to me that Oct 9th might be a day when cruisers are arriving.

I was able to get a 1 bdrm at SSR for October 8 - 12 yesterday with no problems.

Part of the problem might be trying to get a studio. I have heard they are generally harder to come by then a 1 or 2 bedroom. We are coming down the last week of October, and when we booked 7 months ago, SSR was the only resort available for a studio.

When i called i was told they had nothing at any resort in any room type. I was looking for a studio but did ask about a 1br.

The 11th is Columbus day and kids are off of school. Perhaps parents are taking kids on a long weekend trip ( Friday- Monday)?

Bumping back to the top to see if anyone else is wait listed for October 9 or if they've gotten a reservation for Oct 9 recently...

Part of the problem might be trying to get a studio. I have heard they are generally harder to come by then a 1 or 2 bedroom. We are coming down the last week of October, and when we booked 7 months ago, SSR was the only resort available for a studio.

We have a reservation for a SV studio at AKL for Oct 25-31 that was made day by day at the 7 month window.:confused3 I feel VERY lucky that we got that! Hopefully, it is our last rented reservation....I'm hoping to be a member soon!pixiedust:

Those long Federal holiday weekends are often like this. You got lots of folks ending their earlier stays and lots of folks coming in for the long weekend. Colombus Day weekend is the busiest weekend of October, so it's no wonder the availability is low. I also agree, that is the return day of 4-day cruisers which adds to the possibilities.

Thursday, Oct 9 is Yom Kippor and Mon Oct 13 is Columbus Day. Many schools in New York have Friday off also making it a 5 day weekend. I don't know if other states did the same thing, but this can be a part of the problem.

Thursday, Oct 9 is Yom Kippor and Mon Oct 13 is Columbus Day. Many schools in New York have Friday off also making it a 5 day weekend. I don't know if other states did the same thing, but this can be a part of the problem.

sorry for the double post

October 9th is a Jewish holiday, October 13th is Columbus, I know for us here on LI my school district is closed that Thursday, Friday & Monday. I for one booked as soon as I saw this on the calendar for a 3night/4day stay. It is, as you already know, F&W so it's a busy weekend. I'm thinking of staying away from Epcot all together (have done F&W in the past) and concentrating on the other parks and the resort pool:thumbsup2

Good luck with your waitlist - I hope it comes through.

I'm going to WDW on Oct 9-17th.
there is 2 school holidays....Yom Kippur and columbus day....this is why i picked this week....and I'm sure lots of people did the same.

I booked my airfare on SW about 2 months ago.....the same flights have gone up 450 bucks for 4. The most expensive flights for the month are when I am going....so I'm sure it will be busy.

OP....try for cash rooms. I am on a waitlist for Oct 9 for a studio at BWV. But I already have a cash ressie there.(through MS) I just want to use points.
Kerri

October 9th is a Jewish holiday, October 13th is Columbus, I know for us here on LI my school district is closed that Thursday, Friday & Monday. I for one booked as soon as I saw this on the calendar for a 3night/4day stay. It is, as you already know, F&W so it's a busy weekend. I'm thinking of staying away from Epcot all together (have done F&W in the past) and concentrating on the other parks and the resort pool:thumbsup2

Good luck with your waitlist - I hope it comes through.

What school district are you in....I was hoping they closed the Fri. I didn't get my school calandar....is there a place online that has LI schools posted already for 09...BTW...I'm in Sayville
Thanks
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter