• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait List Question

joey8544

Earning My Ears
I am new to DVC and tried to book a two night stay in a 2BR at Hilton Head for the nights of June 21 & 22 2009.
The 22nd was available but they said they had nothing for the night of the 21st. They said I could be put on a wait list for the 21st.

Can anyone tell me what my chances are of getting that night? And if so, how soon before the 21st would it happen?

Thanks for any help!!!

HH is a fairly small resort and the summer months are prime time there. I would say that you have an okay chance of getting that night, since it is just one night. There's no way to know, for sure, if it will come through or when that will happen though. It will all depend on if/when enough people cancel their reservations for you to get to the top of the waitlist.

Good luck!

I think that you have a shot. We have waitlisted for HHI several years in a row, usually it was the week before you are going and our WL always came through. I guess if it is real important to you and you want to be sure you have a room for that first night you could make a cash ressie with a DVC discount if they have it. Should run around $342 for one night. That is the DVC discounted rate. Good luck! We will be there the 12th thru the 22nd.:)

No, the cash reservation would be for the other night that you are on the waitlist for, and it is at HH. The point of making a cash reservation is so that you have your 2 night stay at HH, one you pay cash for and one you pay with points. If your waitlist comes thru, the cash reservation will be cancelled automatically as long as you instruct MS this is what you want. And, you don't actually pay for the cash night until you check in, so you have a long time to wait and see if your waitlist will come thru. Good luck!

Sorry to be a pain, but I don't understand how the room I want is available to a cash paying, non DVC, customer and yet I can't reserve it as a DVC member. Shouldn't a DVC member have priority? They told me nothing was available (studio, 1BR or 2BR) to reserve with points for that night.
Thanks!

Sorry to be a pain, but I don't understand how the room I want is available to a cash paying, non DVC, customer and yet I can't reserve it as a DVC member. Shouldn't a DVC member have priority? They told me nothing was available (studio, 1BR or 2BR) to reserve with points for that night.
Thanks!
Others are probably better at explaning this than me, but the jist is..there is a different inventory that can be rented on a cash basis, different from points.
If you do get a room on cash with DVC discount, be sure to have them(member services) "link" the two days so you won't have to move. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter