Wait list etiquette?

SteveBlues

Earning My Ears
I am a new member, looking at making a trip in January. My wife and I are hoping to stay 4 nights in BLT, but can only find 3 together. Are there any rules or etiquette that we should be aware of, like don't reserve 4 different partial trips looking for first wait list to come through, then cancel the other reservations?
Also, what is the likelihood of getting our wait list?
Thanks much.

Wait lists will always be filled by luck with a larger resort, larger room category having a better chance. To tell you that you will get it would be doing you a dis-service because no one knows for sure.

Since you are only allowed 2 active wait lists and by listing a lake view or standard at BLT you have used up 2.

We never were lucky enough to have ours filled so we ended up buying where we love to stay.

Good luck

:earsboy: Bill

I would book the 3 nights you can find together and waitlist the 4th. If you waitlist all 4, all 4 would have to be become available at the same time. Be sure to check the website frequently, sometimes nights show up before the waitlist is run.

I agree, book what you can, wait list the other night, and then watch and check the website regularly. If you see what you need, book it and then cancel the wait list.

I have had luck getting what I wanted this way in addition to using wait lists. My success with them so far has been when I only had one or two nights wait listed at a time...

Good luck!

This may be stating the obvious -- but when you make a reservation, you commit all the points necessary at that time. So, depending on what you mean by "partial" reservation, it would take a lot of points to make all those partial reservations. Waitlists won't commit your points until they are actually filled, however.

I agree with the others who have suggested you book the 3 nights then wait list the third. Check the website multiple times a day and you may well find the night you need. If so snag it immediately and cancel your wait list.

Also you may consider making a cash reservation via MS for the 4th night (you can probably get a 25% DVC discount). Then worst case you have it. Keep up the stalking and keep your wait list active. If you get it then cancel the cash night. Not sure what room you are after or if it would be prohibitively expensive but it's a thought especially if it's a studio.

Don't lose total faith in the wait list either. I just pieced together 3 nights at the VWL during 2nd week of December doing this. I snagged one night myself then 2 separate one night wait lists came through and I started the process less than 5 months out.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. My 1 day wait list was filled in just a few days. I was surprised that they called me to confirm on the phone instead of just sending an email, but was certainly pleased. May try a couple other wait lists to get the perfect combo of days. Thanks again!

I have had luck with one day waitlists. However I always initially book that firs night at a home resort so I will have somewhere to stay if it does not come through. Good luck!

We've been on wait list to move from Saratoga to Old Key West for two nights in October. It been about 3 months. Anything we can do to get those night moved. Is it just a wait and see ? In all the years we have traveled not done the wait list in a long time. Any suggestions.

We've been on wait list to move from Saratoga to Old Key West for two nights in October. It been about 3 months. Anything we can do to get those night moved. Is it just a wait and see ? In all the years we have traveled not done the wait list in a long time. Any suggestions.

Only thing you can do is stalk the website and see if you can catch the room yourself before the waitlist fills. Otherwise yes, it is wait and see.

We are doing the same thing! I have all week booked in a 3 bedroom villa in Oct except for ONE night....ugh. Praying it becomes available since its such a big resort. When I first booked, Fri, Sat and Sun weren't available. I had heard other members suggesting the single night wailists as its more likely one night would become available at a time, versus a block of nights.

In the meantime we have that one night booked at Saratoga just in case. But would totally stink to have to move all of our food and luggage sat am and move back sun am!!!!

I am still 3 weeks out so will stalk every day, sometimes multiple times!!!

Pixie Dust for both of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter