Wait! I walked HOW far in 7 days? A (mostly) solo trip report

I got up fairly early today because I had several things I needed to accomplish before 5:00 when the aunt and uncle were coming. Man, I am tired. I have never actually spent an entire week at the House of Mouse before. When I lived in Sarasota, we would come up for a day at a time (leave my house at 6:30am and get back about 1:30 or 2:00am). This vacation was hard core. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining at all. I’m already dreaming of the next trip (in a couple of dreams, this is a literal statement) and I wish I could stay longer. But, none of that detracts from the fact that I was tired. I could sleep but instead, I decided that if I ate a good breakfast, that would get me moving. I headed to the food court with about a million of my closest friends for a yummy breakfast before I headed out to Magic Animals. Let me just say, tired people should just not be given that many choices for breakfast. I ended up sticking with the biscuits and gravy because I already knew I liked it and everything else involved syrup and I thought sugar might be an enemy right now.

Ok, off to Magic Animals. I only have 2 things on my still must do list: Everest and Finding Nemo. I hadn’t gotten to ride Everest in awhile and quite frankly, I’ve never seen that darn yeti. I was determined today. Nemo – well, I was going because I have a friend who plays Marlon (you know, Nemo’s dad). I could probably live without seeing the show (it’s good but it’s no Festival of the Lion King) but I try to support any working actors that I know. Now, was I smart and call him to be sure he was performing? Nope. Didn’t think about that until later. Anyway, once in the park I headed straight for Everest. My plan was to get a fast pass, then get in line for Nemo. The fast pass gods were on my side because my time was 11:45-12:45, right about the time I would be exiting Nemo. I started to head over to the theatre when I glanced at my sport watch (Hi Mel if you’re reading :wave2: ) and realized it was only 10:30. Hmmm…still time to kill. Hello single rider line. In less than 10 minutes, I was screaming my lungs out. But, somehow I missed the Yeti again. I think I close my eyes because of the strobes and therefore miss the hairy beast (wait. Shout out to ZZUB if HE’S reading. :lmao: ) I feel disappointment for a minute until I remember I still have a fast pass for later.

Off to Nemo. It’s while I’m waiting in line that the thought of calling Dave hits me. I don’t have his phone number. Ok, now what? Wait, I’ll call Rob. He will have Dave’s number AND I will get to taunt him with the fact that I’m at Disney and he’s at work. I know he’ll be here this evening, but still. After only tormenting Rob for a minute (he was at work after all :surfweb: ) I give Dave a call. Naturally, I get his voice mail. My phone rings about 2 minutes later and its Nemo’s Dad! Unfortunately, he isn’t doing the first show today BUT he was pulling into the parking lot so I could see him for a minute after the show. Nemo is a good time. I was closer to the stage than I’ve ever been so I could see more of the actors. They really do a nice job with this and I love the bubbles at the end. After the show, I meet Dave at the cast entrance and we chat for a minute but he has to get into costume and puppet and I have a yeti to track.

Back to Everest. The stand-by line is still posted at only about 30 minutes but the single rider line looks like its pretty long. Should I use my fast pass or just wait and give it to someone else? Nope, the weight of my list of things still to be done is weighing me down so I use the fast pass. Great ride again and this time I saw the yeti! :yay: Part of my problem all along is that I have been looking for a white yeti. Ohhh the wasted time. Oh well, I saw her and she is magnificent (even if she is in mode B for the rest of my life.)

Time to head to the Magic Kingdom. A bus was waiting as I walk up and there was almost no one on it! I think my karma is pretty good here on my last solo day. As we’re driving to the MK, I realize I have yet to ride on the monorail. How have I been here 6 days with no monorail? YIKES! :eek: Luckily, park buses take you to the TTC. Monorail, here I come! And yes, it was everything I remember and more.

Once inside (and after I’m done standing and staring at the castle with a tear in my eye :lovestruc ), I get some popcorn and a diet coke and stake out a great spot for the parade. Yep, the last thing I need to cross off my list is the parade. I found a terrific spot on Main Street, in the shade, by a trash can to lean against, and settled in. I usually watch the parade in the hub, but wanted to try something new. A really nice family came over and sat beside me to eat some ice cream. About 20 minutes until the parade, they started to get up. I overheard (ok, I eavesdrop in the parks) them saying they were going to do some shopping and then come back for the parade. Being the helpful Disser that I am, I barged right into their conversation. “You know, you won’t get a great spot like this if you leave now.” The dad starts to deny my statement when about 10 people accost him. “Are you leaving? Can we have your spot?” I see the light bulb go on and he and his family settle back in to wait for the parade.

The parade was fabulous, as always. I always seem to get a lot of attention from the people in the parade. I always thought it was because I clapped for everyone (which may be part of it). But today, I realized that some of it is, they think I work there. I sing along for the entire parade and I think THEY think that no one else would know the words. I am often mistaken for a CM while out and about (I think my lanyard looks like one of theirs) so that may play a part too. On my way back to the entrance, I stop by the photopass place. I had decided to spend the rest of my gift card on photos and it was time to pick some out.

I ended up picking out 6 photos – Rob and I holding Tink, Rob and I in front of the Haunted Mansion at MNSSHP, Belle (blue dress) and I, Belle (gold dress) and I, Minnie and I, and Rob and I in front of the castle lit up for MNSSHP. I now faced my second biggest battle of my vacation, trying to get the very nice photo guy to actually SELL me my pictures. He kept trying to talk me out of buying them right now. I know there was a discount for MNSSHP pictures purchased online and probably some other discount, but I know myself. I was never getting back to picture if I didn’t do it right then. There was one point the man even asked me if I shouldn’t, perhaps, ask my husband before making a final decision. My what? Oh, you mean Rob? Yeah, not my husband but I’ll be sure to let his girlfriend know you thought he was. :laughing: Finally, after about an hour, I convinced him I really did want to give Mickey more of my money (Ok, my friends’ money since I was using the rest of the gift card) and I walked out with 6 terrific photos. It was now time to head back to the resort and wait for the arrival of the aunt and uncle. Goodbye solo trip. :sad:

Up next: My aunt decides it’s time to get HER ride on

Ok... I just did this update to my TR... but so everyone here at Stacy's TR knows that I'm not a completely inconsiderate DISser, and blow off meets:rotfl: I figured I'd copy it here.

Hope that's OK Stacy!! I'm cool with everybody knowing I'm a bit of a goof, but I wouldn't want them thinking I was purposely rude:lmao:

... An excerpt from "Mom needed a Break...no laundry, no hubby, no kids...sorta. A SOLO TR!!

After lunch, I tried to call Stacybeasem. She had PMd me her phone# right before she left to come down... I hadn't PMd mine back...I doon't know why. So this meet was ALL on MY shoulders!!

OK, before I continue... I need to give you a little background story that occured during my PTR... that wasn't posted. I have a dear friend that I've been close with ever since high school... I'm going to call him Sully

I don't see Sully very often...maybe every few years, because he's in the military. Sully was, until last month, in Iraq... so to help pass the time, I sent him oveer to read my PTR... so I could tell him all about the plans for my trip. Well, Sully is a mite overprotective. He gave me lots of advice about what I should/not say in my PTR to prevent stalkers (since I was going alone). I wasn't as worried, cause I figured if I hadn't had a stalker back in the days when I was young and skinny and cute... why whould I get one now But, I digress! Well, I followed Sully's advice, even though I thought he was being a tad overly cautious

Back to DHS. So I call Stacy. I had programmed the # into my cell phone before I had left home. The phone rings a few times, then finally I get an answer. OMG!! STACY'S a MAN!!! an OLD MAN!!! I hadn't seen a pic, but thru our PMs I thought she was a SHE! OMG Sully was right!!! I had no idea what I was going to say... now I didn't know if I wanted to go thru with the meet.

So I say..."um hi, is this Stacy??"
pirate: {silence}
Me: hello??
pirate: "who are you looking for?"
Me: 'Stacy, from the DIS boards'
pirate: 'I have a dog named Stacy'
Me: "OK... are you at WDW??"
pirate: "huh??? I live in (I don't remember what he said)"
Me: "were you the person I was talking with on the computer about WDW?"
pirate: "I don't have a computer... leave me alone"
{click}

Well, apparently, I put the REAL Stacy's # in my phone wrong I felt like an idiot.... but at least no one but this poor old dude was witness to it

OK.. now back to the regularly scheduled program:thumbsup2

Paula

It's all good Paula! I mean, I will probably need therapy to get over my feelings of despai because you thought I was an old man (be quiet Rob!) but hey, it can join a LONG list of things that I need therapy for. :rotfl: Oh well, this just means that we have to plan trips at the same time again so we can really meet!

It's all good Paula! I mean, I will probably need therapy to get over my feelings of despai because you thought I was an old man (be quiet Rob!) but hey, it can join a LONG list of things that I need therapy for. :rotfl: Oh well, this just means that we have to plan trips at the same time again so we can really meet!

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Hello faithful few readers! Sorry I have been lax about updating lately. Between the gala fundraiser and getting ready to go into rehearsal, I have been super busy. I promise an update tomorrow! I hope you are hanging in with me!

Still here. Wow a gala fundraiser sounds fun (to attend) and a lot of work to put together! I have to go back through your report to see if you gave details about that! Hang in there. We'll be here when you're ready.

I got back to the resort about 4:45 and figured I had about an hour to rest before the family arrived. They were leaving after work and had a 2 hour drive so I figured it would be 5:30 or so before they even got to the hotel, let alone over to me. They had tried to get a room at POFQ but they were sold out for the weekend! :confused3 Of course, I no sooner had my shoes off then the phone rings. They were at the hotel, checked in, and headed to DTD to catch a bus to me. I suggested they get on the boat instead and then put on my shoes and headed down to the boat dock to wait. Of course I knew it would take awhile but it was gorgeous outside so I took my book and sat on a bench and waited.

Soon enough, aunt and uncle were getting off the boat. I haven’t seen them since I moved out of Florida. While I lived there, we were able to have breakfast together on Sundays (when I wasn’t in rehearsal) and they also came out to see my shows. We headed to the food court to get some dinner and make a plan for the next day and a half. It was important for me to find out what the aunt wanted to do. This was really her portion of the trip. We needed to get in all the rides that she loves because my uncle won’t ride and she won’t go alone. Over dinner, we planned to head to MK to do those rides (and let me see Wishes one last time). Rob was catching up with us on Saturday and we would hit Magic Animals and DHS.

We got to MK right before the first Spectro was going to start. Neither the aunt nor uncle wanted to watch so we headed through the top secret Noodle Station pass to get to Tommorrowland and Space Mountain. It took about 4 minutes for the complaints to start. Why are there so many people? Why is it still so hot? (Umm…they live in Florida this shouldn’t be a surprise.) Why are people so dumb? Etc, etc, etc. Ok, now I understand why they don’t do Disney. The wait for Space Mountain was about 50 minutes but fast passes were gone so the aunt and I jumped in line while the uncle pulled up a bench. While we were in line, I talked to the aunt about possibly leaving the uncle at the hotel the next day. I felt he was going to be completely miserable with heat and crowds and nothing to do most of the day but wait for us to get off rides. She said he wouldn’t even consider it. Right, it’s going to be a really long day. Note to self, talk to Rob and prepare him.

We were on course to be off the ride well before the 50 minute mark when the music stopped and the dreaded announcement came on. Yep, the ride broke down. Not only that, they were turning on the lights to get people off the ride. YIKES! :scared1: We decided to wait a bit in line to see what would happen. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later, they did a test run, shut off the lights, and we were back in business. I have to say, the ride was smoother tonight than it was when Rob and I rode on the first day. Thank goodness since I had JUST gotten my insides back in place.

We found the uncle (who complained a lot about how long we took) and headed off to the hub to watch Wishes. We were late getting there so we didn’t get a great spot but hey, it was still Wishes! My uncle made a friend with someone in front of us and they complained together until the show started. After I had my crying jag again, we headed off to Splash and Big Thunder. Wait, I needed a pit stop first though. I still had one major snack I needed to eat before I could leave – a big chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. Yep, that didn’t help temperaments at all. First, we had to push through the crowd that had *gasp* FOREIGNERS in it and then we had to wait in line and then wait while we ate. I think some of my Disney mellow is starting to leave.

Splash and Big Thunder were both pretty quick and easy. It was getting close to park close. I mentioned to the aunt that the only “Big” thing left in the park was Pirates. She said the uncle liked that ride so we gathered him up and headed off. Whoops. Poor planning on my part. I forgot the 2nd Spectro and we got trapped by the parade at the base of Splash. And this is where I completely lost my Disney mellow for a moment. I am not proud of the story that follows, but it happened.

My aunt is a small woman (like 5’3” and fairly petite). I was constantly worried about her getting squished in crowds. We found a place to stand to watch the parade about 3 people back from the rope. The aunt was “in front”, the uncle directly behind her, and I was off to the side a bit. We were there about 3 minutes when these 2 tweens came pushing through to get to the front. They were both bigger than my aunt and they shoved her HARD to get by. Ok, that’s not going to happen again so I expanded a big (hands on my hips) to protect her. Someone was going to have to get by me to push her. Right before the parade ended, I felt someone put a hand in the center of my back and shove me hard. There was no way that was an accident but I was going to let it go anyway when suddenly this man got in my face and started screaming. “Hey you fat witch (but spelled with a “b”) do you mind if I get up to my kids? Why are you such a witch? Get out of my way!” etc, etc. I hung on to my temper by my fingernails because the things I wanted to say were not Disney friendly and there were kids (other than his) in the area. I realized quickly that he wanted to get to the tweens who pushed my aunt so I replied “Actually, we have all been waiting patiently here to cross the street so I do mind if you go ahead. However, I would be happy to call your kids back to you.” Yeah, wrong thing to say. He shoved me really hard to the side and kept screaming really bad words. And here is where I was wrong. As I was righting myself from the shove, I threw a hip check at him. And, as you can see from the pictures I’ve posted, that’s not a small thing to have coming at you. He fell forward a bit but kept going. From out of nowhere, his wife suddenly appeared and got in my face, screaming curses I don’t think I’ve ever heard. She was getting really aggressive and looked like she wanted to go a couple of rounds. My uncle (who is NOT a small man and a self-proclaimed Jersey redneck) was getting ready to get involved and my aunt was already starting to yell back at the woman. Oh dear. I just looked at this stranger and said “Lady, there are kids present. You keep this up and I will knock you down and sit on you until security gets here.” Her eyes got really big and then she and the rest of the anger family walked off down the street.

Ok, what just happened? Did I really just get in a physical confrontation at Disney? In all of my trips, this has never, never happened. Oh, this does not bode well for tomorrow when I have not only the aunt and uncle, but Rob and the boys thrown in the mix. I need drinks, lots and lots of drinks. But, that’s not going to happen. Instead, I lead the way to Pirates. No way was that fight going to get in the way of my last hours at Disney. The Davey Jones projection wasn’t working at Pirates which makes the mist thing just weird but the rest of the ride was fun. After that, it was time to make our way to the front of the park. We got to the hub and I realized this was my last visit to the MK until next year. I needed a moment to look at the castle and cry a bit. (I’m tearing up as I type this. I am such a sap.) Of course, the uncle can’t figure out what’s happening. “What is she doing? Why is she just standing there? It’s just a dumb castle.” My aunt, however, gets it. She comes over and says “Do you want to go up and kiss the castle? That’s what we used to do when we were leaving. I’ll go with you.” No, but thanks. I just need a minute.

Alright, I’m good now. We get to the front gates and get ready to separate. Our plan is to meet at Magic Animals at 9:00am tomorrow morning. I head off to the POFQ bus and give Rob a call. He has made it back to the room and lets me know that there is a fresh diet coke in my mug already waiting for me in the room. What a great friend! We spend a bit catching up when I get back to the room and then lights out. We need to get enough sleep to deal with the last day of vacation.

Up next: How does the last day go? Can this group spend a day together without a fight?

Yay for aunt and uncle being there.

Boo for that stupid family...especially the parents. It's not your fault their kids ran ahead and are (I'm assuming here, so making an a@@ of myself most likely) uncontrolable by jerk dad and witch mom. I think you did a great job of handling the situation...especially by not spewing words not suitable for all ears. Had it been me in your situation, I would have had to bite my tongue and made some cheeky comment as I let them pass me. So, kudo's to you.

And every time you mention tearing up...I get all sappy and think "that is soooooooo going to be me in another 40 days." :D

And Rob is the bestes friend ever. I mean, come on...a fresh mug of diet coke? Awesomeness. Give him a hug for me next time you see him. :D

Yay for aunt and uncle being there.

Boo for that stupid family...especially the parents. It's not your fault their kids ran ahead and are (I'm assuming here, so making an a@@ of myself most likely) uncontrolable by jerk dad and witch mom. I think you did a great job of handling the situation...especially by not spewing words not suitable for all ears. Had it been me in your situation, I would have had to bite my tongue and made some cheeky comment as I let them pass me. So, kudo's to you.

And every time you mention tearing up...I get all sappy and think "that is soooooooo going to be me in another 40 days." :D

And Rob is the bestes friend ever. I mean, come on...a fresh mug of diet coke? Awesomeness. Give him a hug for me next time you see him. :D

Well, I still feel badly about hip checking him. He could have fallen on an innocent bystander and that's not fair. but yes, the only reason there weren't really bad words flying out of my mouth was because of Disney.

40 days until you go!!!! I'm so jealous. I wish I could get back this year (especially with the new deal) but...work is a harsh task master.

And you are right. Rob is the bestest friend. I won't get to see him for awhile, but I'll pass on the hug request to his girlfriend who just found out she can go visit for Thanksgiving. Yay Christine!!!

Hello loyal trip report readers! I know I have been a complete failure at updating recently. It's the first week of rehearsals for Little Women, the musical and my life has been pretty full organizing Jo, Beth, Meg, and Amy. I promise to get a new update up on Monday. I hope you are all still around because we are getting close to the conclusion of this lovely vacation.

What exactly is your job? I've seen some references to box office, so I can presume that it has something to do with theater. Just curious, because you seem to know a lot of performers at Disney.

What exactly is your job? I've seen some references to box office, so I can presume that it has something to do with theater. Just curious, because you seem to know a lot of performers at Disney.

I am an Equity Stage Manager for a musical theatre in St. Louis. Theatre is a small world so I do know a lot of performers and Stage managers at Disney. If you get a union gig there, it's a pretty decent job. I wish I could get one, but there is much less of a call for Stage managers than performers. It's ok though, I get to do musicals again for a living. The 3 years I spent living in Florida I was working for a theatre, but it was mostly non-musicals. It was good work, but I need people to burst into song and dance to stay happy...kind of like banana man :banana:

It's Monday! Get yourself out of bed, poor yourself a diet coke (not necessarily in that order) and start writing more trip report. I need it to live!

:scared1:

I am working on it. However, I needed to get my nails done and get groceries so I had Diet Coke to pour. I am writing right now. It should post within the hour.

Rob and I were up and moving about fairly early on Saturday. We needed to get showered, grab breakfast, and be at Magic Animals by 9 am to meet the aunt and uncle. The plan was to get on Everest and then get out of the park and meet the boys at DHS. Ahh, the best laid plans or something like that.

We got off to a late start (not our fault.) The aunt and uncle had trouble getting a bus from their hotel and ended up having to go to MK and DHS first. We weren’t running too far behind but we needed to get moving in order to meet the boys by 10. Unfortunately, we passed a Kali River Rapids sign on the way to Everest and the aunt was not moving on until she rode it. Kali is one of the few rides I won’t do all the time. I really didn’t want to be soaking wet at 9:20 in the morning. Rob, however, being the great guy that he is, was in so the uncle and I pulled up a bench and waited. Rob was drenched when they got off the ride; the aunt had scarcely a drop on her. Luckily, Rob didn’t mind and wanted to share the water by giving everyone a big hug. :lmao:

We then got to Everest and there was not much of a wait at all. The aunt had never done this ride and she loved it! I think she would have done it again and again if we didn’t have to get going. I thought we were set to head to the bus to DHS when Rob said “What about Dinosaur?” I had hoped to avoid Dinosaur because I thought it might be too rough. I know I walk off bruised each time. The aunt was in though so off we went. Poor uncle. All he did was walk from ride to ride and wait. We got on the ride in record time and ended up with front row seats. Now, I have to say, I LOVE riding with Rob. He totally gets into the theme and plays along. I think I heard him screaming “abort, abort” for most of the ride, which made me laugh, which gave me really sore stomach muscles. But, a good time was had by all.

Ok, time to get back on schedule. (I am a very schedule driven person, if you can’t tell. Not my fault. It’s part of being a stage manager. Or maybe I’m a stage manager because I’m a schedule driven person. I forget.) We hope a bus to DHS and give the boys a call to let them know we are on the way. They are in line for a ride so we’ll catch up when we can. Once inside the gate, we head right to Toy Story to get fast passes. The line was 90 minutes long and even at 10:30am, the fast passes were for 7:00pm. YIKES! :scared1: Ok, we grab fast passes and head to the aunt’s top choices – Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. Of course, we had to make a Diet Coke stop first. We then showed the uncle where to wait and jumped in line. As we were walking, the aunt realized that she had switched to her sunglasses and that she wouldn’t be able to see inside unless she got her regular glasses so she ran off to find the uncle and trade glasses. Now, I try really hard not to be one of those people who have others “join” them in line so Rob and I hung back in a corner until the aunt caught up. Sure, about 20 people got in front of us but that’s basically one elevator and the line just wasn’t that long.

Oh, the aunt LOVED TOT. :cloud9: I wish we could have gotten back on it that day but I was the slowpoke in our party. Everyone else was fresh and raring to go but I was feeling the previous 6 days of parks and also dreading the 4am wake up call the next morning. I just wasn’t up to darting across the parks or running from ride to ride. Anyway, as we were walking to see Aerosmith, the boys caught up with us. Yay! I hadn’t seen either of them since I moved out of Florida in Feb. and we had a lot to catch up on. Conveniently, the line for RNR was 50 minutes so we had plenty of time to chat. I think the uncle thought we had forgotten about him by the time we got back.

It was now lunch time. We all had rumbly tumblies and we were headed to the other side of the park. We ended up at that outdoor CS place across from Beauty and the Beast that has burgers and pizza, etc. This time, we WERE one of those groups. We found a table and then 2 of us sat while the other 4 went to get lunch. When someone came to the table, we rotated. I picked the wrong line and by the time I got my food and got to the table, everyone else was finished eating. They all seemed to be in a hurry and I think my Disney mellow slipped a bit. I sat and said “I am NOT going to eat this in a hurry. If you guys want to go, go. I’ll catch up.” Not realizing that I was slipping into a dangerous mood, the uncle decided to tease. He said “hey. Who has the fast passes for Toy Story?” I said “I do.” “Really. Where?” “Right here on my lanyard.” I reached down to show him and realized that the plastic pocket had ripped off my lanyard and was gone. :headache: I was upset, to put it mildly. That pocket had my ticket, our fast passes, my KTTW, my MNSSHP ticket that I was saving as a souvenir, and my gift card. Rob, knowing my moods far better than anyone else, immediately stepped in and said “We have it. It was on the ground by the table and someone noticed and gave it to us.” Oh, my mellow and my happiness are slipping. Am I going to make it through the day?

Up next: The end of the last day. Do we make it?

PS – the next update may take until next Monday. I’m still in rehearsals and we are getting ready for tech. I have meetings upon meetings after an 8 hour day of rehearsal so I will probably not have time to get anything written. Hang in there! Yes Rob, this means you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter