• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait for Transformers to open?

jlines

Mouseketeer
We have SW PP that we would like to use once more before they expire in September. We would also like to go to US the same vaca. I was thinking of going at the end of April or beginning of May. Should we wait until T opens and does anyone have an educated guess of when that might be?

Nobody really knows much at this point other than they stated "summer". Your guess is as good as ours right now.

Universal is not taking any chances in giving out at a specific date for a new attractions opening, since they got burned pretty badly with RRR. Probably in 2 or 3 months or so we might have a better idea but I wouldnt hold my breath for an exact date announcement anytime soon. Its going to come down to a couple of things
How fast is the construction progressing (weather or delivery delays etc)
and what Universals definition of summer is.
When we were over there today, almost all of the major exterior work is done and they are working indoors now. On the assumption that the ride tech is proven and coming from the other parks, there really shouldnt be any hold ups on that side.

Universal is not taking any chances in giving out at a specific date for a new attractions opening, since they got burned pretty badly with RRR. Probably in 2 or 3 months or so we might have a better idea but I wouldnt hold my breath for an exact date announcement anytime soon. Its going to come down to a couple of things
How fast is the construction progressing (weather or delivery delays etc)
and what Universals definition of summer is.
When we were over there today, almost all of the major exterior work is done and they are working indoors now. On the assumption that the ride tech is proven and coming from the other parks, there really shouldnt be any hold ups on that side.

It will be interesting to watch the outside cosmetic stuff being done. Curious to see what they are going to do with it.

If you really want an estimate. I will say between Memorial Day Weekend and July 4th.

They will want the ride done in time so that the whole "summer" thing will meet peoples expectations who come down to see the ride. I'm guessing mid to late June will be the opening with test runs starting in early June.

Like I said though, this is all an estimate basd on previous attractions. Since Transformers ride tech is already existing in 2 other parks, test rides and such may be at more of a minimum than RRR, Despicable Me and Harry Potter were.

I think that is a broad enough guess as well. Since the ride is already up and running at two other parks, troubleshooting shouldn't be a big deal.

Thats what Im thinking. As long as there are no supply issues on the tech side like the projectors, ride vehicles etc there really shouldnt be an issue. however, I do know that Disney has(d) its hands full with Expedition Everest and that ride is in at least 1 other park. Last time I was over there, it still didnt work 100%.

Im curious as well as to how they are going to dress the outside of the bldg. From the glimpses Ive been seeing, it looks like the exit possibly the entrance is going to be on the corner closest to the lake. the maintanance side is going to be the corner closest to the Mummy. Its where the scaffolding is now with the garbage chute. Before they closed up that side, I could see in and there was an overhead crane with what looked like several bays there. There was a few other things in that corner that stood out as maintanance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter