Wait A Minute, I Love That Idea.. How 'Bout Some Backstage Passes?! - TR 2010!

FaithTrustPixieDust*

Disney Dreamer since 1992
Welcome everyone to my first (and possibly last since I forgot to write down where we went each day!) trip report! :cool1: I’ve had a lot of fun trying to remember everything since we got back a couple of weeks ago and I left my journal at home (I’m useless – truly I am), so hopefully what my family and I have managed to cobble together will paint a picture of our trip at least! :surfweb:

Time for introductions then! Hi :wave2: I’m Rachael! I’m 18 and I have just left 6th Form with 3A* and 1 A at A Level and I’ll be applying for Cambridge next year. I spend most of the year working my socks off to keep grades up so I’m a total child and completely useless on holiday! This was my 17th trip to WDW.

251.jpg

This is my daddy! Ian is 48 and will be celebrating his 19th :scared1: trip to WDW in August 2011 alongside my Mum, Sue, who is also Disney mad and has forbidden me to reveal her age online! They began with their Disneymoon and have never gone too long before returning to the World :rolleyes:

185.jpg

197.jpg

Ellen is the middle sister at 14 – on her 14th trip to WDW! Spoilt or what!? She’s brighter than I am, :idea: so works not nearly as hard, and is consequently less useless (or so it seems) than I am on our hols! She’s obsessed with Eastenders and spent most of the trip whining about how much she was missing and praying Sky+ was working to record it!

262.jpg

Laura is the little sister at 12 – again this was her 12th trip (I swear I drew the short straw somewhere..). Laura’s had a tough year settling into high school and as the malteser (brunette on the outside, blonde on the inside!) :lmao: it always makes for a funny trip to have her tag along!

211.jpg

Finally, this is my Nan. She’s NEVER been to the US, let alone Florida, :scared1: so of course as a true Disney family we couldn’t let this continue! She struggled a little with the walking I think (we move fast and don’t tend to stop often!), but she loved Disney and the States – and boy could she put desserts away!! :laughing:

090.jpg

So that’s us :grouphug: You can tell we like Florida somewhat obviously! I should mention that we left behind our 4 gorgeous bunny rabbits, one of whom is ill and has pretty much lost control of her back legs :guilty: We left them in the capable hands of my lovely boyfriend Elliott, :lovestruc who fell in love with them and now lectures us on how to look after them! We kept in touch for the whole trip via text (we kept missing each other for phone calls..) so we knew they were in safe hands!

So where did we stay I hear you cry? Well, after years of Disney Hotels, for the last few trips we decided to rent a villa off property to give us a little more privacy (and we can be as loud as we want without having to worry about the room next door - Ellen! :rotfl2:). So we stayed in a cute little 5 bed around 20 minutes outside of Disney Property which was conveniently placed by a local shopping centre! Bingo!

So that’s the preliminaries I think! I’ll do my best to remember what we did each day and I’ll include as many photos as possible popcorn::

Take care everyone!
Rachael x

Great start Rachael, I love the name of your trippy, and I look forward to reading more about your holiday ::yes::

OK Rachael, keep um coming. :thumbsup2

Haha, will do! :)

Great start Rachael, I love the name of your trippy, and I look forward to reading more about your holiday ::yes::

I love that ride! I saw them live at the o2 in June - best concert ever! And thank you!

fab start, well done with the grades, very respectable :goodvibes

Thank you :) I try! :lmao:

Hello! I'm looking forward to this, your sister sounds a lot like me! :cool2:

Hi! I'm glad - hope I can fulfill what you're looking for! They want to know which sister? Looks like you're going on the same day as us next year too - where are you flying from? :goodvibes

Great start, looking forward to reading about your trip. :)

Thank you, and welcome! :hug:

Great start Rachel:thumbsup2

I have to admit my family is the same as yours DD is only 10 and been 11 times already:scared1:

Really looking forward to reading more popcorn:: and congratulations on your fantastic exam results:worship:

Great start Rachel:thumbsup2

I have to admit my family is the same as yours DD is only 10 and been 11 times already:scared1:

Really looking forward to reading more popcorn:: and congratulations on your fantastic exam results:worship:

Thank you! It's so much fun though, and there's something new every year to go with old favourites, so its impossible to get bored of the world!

Day 1 – Travelling and Perkins!

So a fairly early start for the inhabitants of Branch Road on the 29th of July, as we dragged 6 only half full cases across the driveway to our taxi! :banana:

HPIM3366.jpg

After about an hour’s drive, we were at Manchester Airport and were strolling down the Premier lane to get checked in with First Choice. Now the woman on the desk who checked us in was MISERABLE! To the point where we exchanged glances and pulled faces at each other.. :confused: Anyway, she seemed keen to be rid of us and didn’t ask one security question (?) :eek: , so we just ignored it and went up to security (this will all become important shortly!)

After a quick dash through security, we stopped at the food court in Terminal 2 and got some food (coffees and teas for Mum, Dad, Nan and I, and Hot Chocolate for the Girls with sausage butties and egg mcmuffins!). Not the most glamorous start, but hey, it’s the airport! :upsidedow It wasn’t long before we’d each bought a few books and were boarding the plane! :yay:

HPIM3394.jpg

HPIM3393.jpg

HPIM3367.jpg

Now First Choice has recently (?) merged with Thomson Airways, so they now have two sets of planes; pink and blue! We had a blue plane this time, but we decided the pink plane we’d had in 2008 was much much nicer! Ah well! :confused3 We boarded with our pre-booked Premium Seats, and went to where they were – uh oh. Only 3 of the 6 seats were in Premium!! :scared1: The woman on the desk at check in had been so keen to get rid of us because she knew this would happen! :mad: So Nan, Ellen and I were seated in Premium, whilst Mum, Dad and poor little Laura (who got very upset :guilty:) were a row back in Economy. The flight crew were superb – they did everything possible to virtually upgrade the unlucky 3, but even so a letter of complaint has been sent!! :rolleyes:

No worries though – the flight was enjoyable and Nan and I enjoyed a few drinks together! She commented to me at one stage that she was “going to be a bit tipsy wipsy!” when we got off the plane! :rotfl2: It was hysterical and nice to have a final drink before the legal limit changed to 21 in Florida. (I’m not a big drinker, but the occasional glass of wine with a meal is nice!)

Photo0011.jpg

Photo0011.jpg

Photo0010.jpg

I even got the all time high score on Bejewelled!

Photo0008.jpg

It wasn’t long before we were off, through security (where Mum was almost denied for an unknown reason :eek:) and driving to the Villa! :woohoo: Once we’d settled in and chosen rooms, Dad went to Walmart to get supplies for the holiday – root beer, oreos, chips, pepsi, twinkies and of course lots and lots of TEA! :surfweb: Nan decided to go straight to sleep while we all went to the local Perkins for tea – my broccoli and cheddar soup and triple decker club went down so well! After that we were all tired, so we all turned in for the night. :angel:

Sorry for the lack of pictures today guys :( but I figured you’d rather see Disney pics than Manchester Airport!
:grouphug:

What a shame about being split and not all getting Premium seats (I hope they get back to you soon about it), but other than that a great start and I look forward to your next installment :thumbsup2

Great start
looking forward to hearing more

thanks for sharing

Nice start.....pity about the seat mix up........looks like your nan is charging the batteries ready for the big start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter