Waikolohe Stream Rapids?

jkl2000

Earning My Ears
I can't seem to find any videos, photos, or discussion of the Rapids in the Waikolohe Stream. On the official Aulani site it says "embark on 2 tubing adventures: one extreme, the other serene. The rapids twist through caverns, while the lazy river glides gently along a Hawaiian landscape."

I've seen plenty of videos of the lazy river, but this page on Disney's Aulani site is the only place I've found any mention of the rapids, and I'd like to see/know more. Granted, I haven't been researching Aulani for long, but was wondering about this. Thanks!

The tube slide comes out to the lazy river with quite a splash. DD went on the gentler tube slide with DH but said the other slide looked pitch black and thought it was a body slide. She didn't do that one.

I wouldn't call either slide extreme by any means. Compared to typhoon lagoon slides like Crushin' Gusher, it's pretty tame. Fun but not "extreme".

I can't seem to find any videos, photos, or discussion of the Rapids in the Waikolohe Stream. On the official Aulani site it says "embark on 2 tubing adventures: one extreme, the other serene. The rapids twist through caverns, while the lazy river glides gently along a Hawaiian landscape."

I've seen plenty of videos of the lazy river, but this page on Disney's Aulani site is the only place I've found any mention of the rapids, and I'd like to see/know more. Granted, I haven't been researching Aulani for long, but was wondering about this. Thanks!

Um, ya, I think they are over selling it here. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE the lazy river, but there are no rapids. I wish :) There are several videos taken by guests who have floated the lazy river. Here is one
I think it will give you an idea of how gentle it is. Just a note, I think the guy filming this video has his feet down and is walking the river, because in no way at all do you go that fast. :tongue:

The rapids are the slides. I know the tube slide comes down pretty fast and makes a big splash. I watched quite a few people even bounce off the tube at the bottom because it was a surprise. The lazy river is veerryy lazy. I often had to push off the rocks with my feet or hands to get moving.

I don't recall any rapids on the lazy river. It was pretty chill. I took my 2.5 year olds on it without any concern. There is a tube water slide that is fun. I wouldn't classify it as extreme though. Not sure if I know how to add a video, but I found this one on youtube:

I'm not saying anyone here is wrong, just that Disney separates the "tubing adventures" from the water slides, and says there are two "tubing adventures," one extreme, one serene. Here's the copy straight from the Disney Aulani site:

Tubing Adventures
From atop Pu‘u Kilo—a majestic mountain in the Waikolohe Valley created by Walt Disney Imagineers—embark on 2 tubing adventures: one extreme, the other serene. The rapids twist through caverns, while the lazy river glides gently along a Hawaiian landscape.

On both experiences, you’ll explore the Waikolohe Valley and discover unique details inspired by natural Hawaiian beauty. As you float around rock formations, you’ll encounter caverns and fountain springs that offer bursts of cooling refreshment.

Waterslides
In the Waikolohe Valley, 2 unique waterslides offer thrills galore:

• Volcanic Vertical: An enclosed, extreme body slide that plunges you into Waikolohe Pool
  • Tubestone Curl: An open-air, twisting and turning tube adventure that eventually launches you into Waikolohe Stream—ride it solo or with a partner!

Reading the copy, I gathered the Tubestone Curl is the extreme adventure going down the slide and thrusting you into the stream. The lazy river on its own is the more serene.

You know, I forgot an important part of their copy (if any of this is important!), so here's the full thing. When they say "With a lazy river, rushing rapids and 2 waterslides" they are saying there are FOUR experiences:

- Lazy river
- rushing rapids
- waterslide 1
- waterslide 2

I just think it's interesting that whoever wrote this copy was under the impression that there are two different rivers you can ride through on tubes...

Features of Waikolohe Stream
With a lazy river, rushing rapids and 2 waterslides, Waikolohe Stream is brimming with family fun.

Waikolohe means “mischievous water” in the Hawaiian language—and this imaginative area truly lives up to its name.

Tubing Adventures
From atop Pu‘u Kilo—a majestic mountain in the Waikolohe Valley created by Walt Disney Imagineers—embark on 2 tubing adventures: one extreme, the other serene. The rapids twist through caverns, while the lazy river glides gently along a Hawaiian landscape.

On both experiences, you’ll explore the Waikolohe Valley and discover unique details inspired by natural Hawaiian beauty. As you float around rock formations, you’ll encounter caverns and fountain springs that offer bursts of cooling refreshment.

Waterslides
In the Waikolohe Valley, 2 unique waterslides offer thrills galore:

• Volcanic Vertical: An enclosed, extreme body slide that plunges you into Waikolohe Pool
  • Tubestone Curl: An open-air, twisting and turning tube adventure that eventually launches you into Waikolohe Stream—ride it solo or with a partner!

I found another thread where this was discussed, but it still hasn't been answered to my satisfaction. I think the answer is that the Disney web site is mistaken, or whoever wrote that copy was mistaken and thought there were two different rivers you could ride on. Or they were just a bad writer.

I mean, it boils down to this one sentence:

"With a lazy river, rushing rapids and 2 waterslides, Waikolohe Stream is brimming with family fun."

The rushing rapids are separate and distinct from the 2 waterslides.

I found another thread where this was discussed, but it still hasn't been answered to my satisfaction. I think the answer is that the Disney web site is mistaken, or whoever wrote that copy was mistaken and thought there were two different rivers you could ride on. Or they were just a bad writer.

The rushing rapids are separate and distinct from the 2 waterslides.

And don't exist :joker:

And don't exist :joker:

Oh well, I like it lazy anyway...

Yep. This wraps it up. At best, the website's own Imagineer was describing the idea of starting your 'experience' using a raft with the Tubestone Curl and staying in it... continuing into the lazy river-- hence a combined 'extreme tubing adventure'. Whereas grabbing a raft anywhere else and entering the river equals the 'serene' experience. Need to really flex the mind to buy that. It is a totally misleading webpage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter