Wagon Diving is Fun!

pointandshoot

DIS Veteran
Hello -

My name is Chuck.

I did not fall of the wagon but dove off and purchased from B&H a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS lens this week. Thank goodness my AIG bonus cleared so I could pay for it! (just kidding).;)

A few shots I am playing with from last night's Carolina Hurricanes game.

3369435684_4fa1c2f35c_o.jpg

3369435858_aa0fe8bc66_o.jpg

Awesome! Where are your seats? I was about 6 rows up for game 7 in 2006. Best sporting event I have ever been a part of. Have not been to many games since my daughter was born, but I can't wait to take her.

Wow very nice!!!

Has Tampa been back to town yet??? lol Or perhaps my lowly leafs who got there butts kicked by Tampa a few days ago. Goals shouldn't be rare then!!

Great lens though, sure wish I could afford one. Perhaps when my stimulas check comes..... :rotfl: Keep the pics coming!

It only hurts for a moment when the bill comes, after that it is such a fun lens to have.

I have one and it takes a 1.4 extender pretty well if you ever need the extra reach.

Awesome! Where are your seats? I was about 6 rows up for game 7 in 2006. Best sporting event I have ever been a part of. Have not been to many games since my daughter was born, but I can't wait to take her.

I started taking my daughter, who was 7 at the time, during the cup run in 2006. I had to explain to her why it felt like it was raining in the RBC center after getting doused by beer from angry Sabre's fans in game 7 of the division championship.

She is now 10. We go to many games together. She is a hockey nut. Loves the fights. We both take our cameras to the game and go down to the ice during the pre-skate and shoot pictures. Daddy/daughter time, taking pictures together, and yelling for our team. We have the best time together. I am sure you and your daughter will have a blast sharing that time together.

We sit all over. I have seats in 125 for some games. Last night we were in a corporate box so I took my big glass so I could stow in during the game. This weekend, it is uppers for the Caps game.

Wow very nice!!!

Has Tampa been back to town yet??? lol Or perhaps my lowly leafs who got there butts kicked by Tampa a few days ago. Goals shouldn't be rare then!!

Great lens though, sure wish I could afford one. Perhaps when my stimulas check comes..... :rotfl: Keep the pics coming!

We are finished with Tampa for the year. We swept them. The way we need points right now, wish we could play them a few more times. They have beaten us routinely over the past few years so we finally got some back. Leafs let me down tonight and lost to the the Panthers. I wish we could have gotten Antropov. He is huge.

Great pics...very nice closeups! Nice shot of the shootout king, Jussi Jokinen - not as good an overall player as OUR Jokinen used to be, but when it comes to shootouts, he's a nice ace in the hole. Nice closeup of Cam Ward too...I like that Blackbeard helmet of his.

I cheered for your guys in the Stanley Cup, mostly for the playoff run where they took out Montreal (hate em), New Jersey (hate em), and Buffalo (hate em)...even though I have nothing against Edmonton, I owed you guys for that one! And it was good to see vets like Brind'amour and Hedican finally get a cup, and poor old Wesley who was the only guy still with the team from Hartford Whalers days!

But I have to say I'm against you guys this season. You bumped by Panthers out of the 8th spot...thank god they beat Toronto tonight to keep their hopes alive...I gotta hope for my Panthers to slide in for the first time in FOREVER! You guys are currently holding the back door to the playoffs by one point, so BOOO HURRICANES! ;)

I haven't been able to haul my big lens down to the games - they don't like those in our stadium unless you have a box. I've got season tix in row 6 behind the visitors bench, 4 seats split between 3 coworkers.

Good to see some other hockey fans here!

So I should not mention last year where Cullen was twisting in the wind at the end of the second period in our last home game when the Panthers ended our playoff hopes with a goal. I have issues with the Sabres, Rangers, and Devils. I like to watch the Panthers play. Lots of speed, talent, and youth. We seem to have a healthy division rivalry and the Florida fans are cool to chat with. Behind the bench must be awesome. I am sure you grab some pucks and sticks from time to time.

Our arena has a pretty liberal policy with camera gear. They asked my daughter and I if our cameras shot video. They do not care about pro looking gear but did inspect and tag by camera bag. I hope that the trend of cameras able to shoot hi-def video does not result in a move back to tight camera restrictions like the past.

Good game tonight but I did not shoot. Long week and thought a tail gate would be better. Going to the Caps game tomorrow with seats close to the glass. I may shoot some game action if I am in the mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter