Wacky resort ideas

mickeys#1fan

Mouseketeer
In an answer to the Eagle Pines thread I thought of a couple of wacky (but cool) resort locations. I'd like to see some creative or really out there proposals. But first, a couple of ground rules:

1) No criticism of your or anyone else's ideas.
2) As a corollary, no debates as to practicality of ideas. This
just for fun.

That said, here are my ideas:

1) Fill in the lagoon at 20K Leagues and build a resort there.
Re-open the Skyway to move guests from TTC to resort.

2) Tear down the old Odyssey at Epcot and build a tower
resort there. All rooms with views of Illuminations.

Dream big, gang! It's what Disney is all about.

I can think of a few:
How about a room in the castle! Or above the shops on Main Street?
Actually stay in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

At EPCOT:
Each country could have an authentic "Inn". pension or other place to stay.

At MGM:
A haunted room in the Tower of Terror or a room over Gromann"s chinese theatre.

Of course there is nothing practical about any of these-but isn"t that the point?

Some crazy off the top of my head ideas:

1) An ultra-modern hip hotel/resort near DTD that would be inspired by hotels of Berlin/Tokyo/Shaghi. Lots of metal/glass/concrete. If a resort vs. a highrise, it could be like an modern little village and amenidies would include services like wireless internet access etc.

2) A train resort, like they could build luxury hotel rooms inside classic train cars.. and the chains of cars would be strung throughout a wooded area.

1. Put a resort on the old Discovery Island. Connect it to the old River Country in some way.

2. Put one on Castaway Cay. As a matter of fact, lets make a whole cruise ship DVC.

3. Turn the whole Tower of Terror into a DVC resort. And you thought that Rich didn't like the hallways at BWV!!! Oh my!:eek:

HBC

I really like the idea about an "Inn" at each Epcot country. But take it a step further and make a World Showcase Resort in an of itself. Have a building themed to each country. The main building for that resort could be really cool melding all the continents together. You'd almost have to have a rotunda to get a globe-like feel.

I still think a Polynesian Villas or AKL Villas would do very well. I don't know where they'd go, but I am sure they have to be small DVC resorts, maybe even smaller than VWL.

Originally posted by zulaya
I really like the idea about an "Inn" at each Epcot country. But take it a step further and make a World Showcase Resort in an of itself. Have a building themed to each country. The main building for that resort could be really cool melding all the continents together. You'd almost have to have a rotunda to get a globe-like feel.

I still think a Polynesian Villas or AKL Villas would do very well. I don't know where they'd go, but I am sure they have to be small DVC resorts, maybe even smaller than VWL.

Hi,

I like the idea of a world showcase resort!!!! I'd buy there!!!

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03
Home: BCV

I am certainly not as clever as you all, but I have always been surprised that they have not yet put a DVC resort over near the MK somewhere. That Discovery Island thing could have some merit. It could be the MK area DVC resort, and the little boat could take you to the MK or to one of the other resorts where you could pick up a bus to go elsewhere.

You guys have some cool ideas. They need a dvc resort near MK or AK. I think they should build Polynesian Villias or AKL villias, likes others have said. If they good build both that would be cool. I told my parents if they build AKLV we have to get a add on there!!!
Matt

Greek Island Themed Resort with whitewashed Villas stacked onto each other on Discovery Island or another waterfront location--the name of the Island???

Mickeynos!:) :D

I think they could build a Winter themed DVC resort (Alaska etc.....) to go with Blizzard Beach.

But I really like the Epcot ideas with the inn for every country and the tower with only Illuminiations views.

My DSD would surely like a Nascar themed resort near the speedway....not the one in the MK, the one near it.

Well, since my dream was of a resort in the middle of AK safari, I guess I can't say one that is already a reality, but I WOULD like to see a DVC there! It might even be fun to have tree house type bungalos in the middle of the Savanna!

It's not at WDW, but I want Disney to purchase an Island like Castaway Cay (not there . . . apparently too buggy at night!) or build a resort on a tropical island and run it just like the ship and Castaway Cay. There'd be all day and night programming for the kids . . . including swimming . . . that they can do as much or as little of as they wish. There's also be family and adult activities . . . and tours if the location permitted. All meals would be included on property as would activities unless it was like the jackpot bingo on the ship.

I mentioned this to our DVC guide and his comment was, "the problem is that once Disney goes off site, they become just another hotelier!" I say, NOT SO! The cruise works! The Sandals chain does it with their Beaches brand and not nearly so well as Disney does everything else.

What do you think? Let's write our Disney representatives and make it happen!

A houseboat, complete with a grand piano and a bulter, at Epcot or Seaven Seas Lagoon.

I'd like our own resort on the monorail.

Let's see, how about it having a fairytale theme? It could look like a castle, complete with a moat.:teeth:

Wow, some really cool ideas so far!!

I like the DVC at the Poly or AKL resorts. They have the land for VAKL. The Poly might take a bit of Disney Magic to pull off.

How about a DVC at the Contemporary -- use the land where the wings are -- never liked those additions anyway.

On the train resort posted by lucky_bunni, a slightly different twist. Run the train on private tracks from Port Canaveral (Magic and Wonder) to WDW and the build a phase two to DL.

Build a DVC cruise ship.

I would love a DVC resort anywhere on the monorail, but since we are dreaming big- I want a DVC resort inside of a new DisneySea theme park in Florida.

Originally posted by RumpleMom
I would love a DVC resort anywhere on the monorail, but since we are dreaming big- I want a DVC resort inside of a new DisneySea theme park in Florida.
How about underneath DisneySea theme park where you look out your window to see dolphins and fish swimming by like the living seas attraction. Or, how about a pirate village built of pirate ships tied in a line, pulled into port with pirate attractions.

Or, how about a space needle resort where you could survey all of WDW outside of your window, with a coaster going around the top like vegas.

How about a DVC ship as part of the Cruise line with much lower point values to sail instead of trading into DCL. It could circle among different destinations for different point values, a mobile DVC. Sometimes it could sail all the way up to New York and down the coast.

Houseboats like where Tom Hanks lived in "Sleepless in Seattle"

Or, how about a big showboat resort like the big paddlewheel reiverboats that used to cruise on rivers near discovery island or on the shore near the contemporary.

Well, how about a DVC resort in geosynchronous orbit over WDW! Shuttles would take off hourly from the Cape, and we could call it M:SV ! ;) I guess that the point chart would be higher for an Earthside view....

Hey, my name is DrTomorrow! :p

Okay Dr. Tomorrow, given all of the hoopla over room requests can you imagine the requests for your DVC resort -- an earth view on the outer ring where the artificial gravity is .998 of earth normal -- at least they would all be non-smoking :)

Now if you are going out of this world, how about we go back under the sea and create the Villas at Sea Base Alpha?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter