W.I.S.H.-Wide Monday Mixer!

Pooh all the way. He's my son's favorite, and he always reminds me how sweet and childish my son can still be at 10 years old.

In honor of those who ran the Princess Half as their favorite princess (and other Disney races as their favorite characters), tell us all a bit about your favorite Disney characters.

My favorite Disney character is definitely Mickey. It's hard not to go with the main mouse on this one. However, having two daughters who grew up with Disney movies, I also love the strong leading female characters like Belle, Ariel and Cinderella and the example they set to the girls out there.

Like my3princes mine have kinda evolved over the years. I think for a while I had a new favorite every trip we took. It was Eeyore for a bit, because I thought he was so adorable, then it was Pluto because he was THE Dog, then it was the Evil Queen for a bit, but I suppose the one consistent has been Mickey. Like tiberius said, it's hard not to like the main mouse. I will stand in the huge line to greet Mickey, and my comforter in my dorm is....what else....but a giant Mickey Mouse.

My favorite character is Mickey, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey to be exact. The first time I went to WDW was in 1991 and they were releasing Fantasia from the vault so he was all over the parks.

I do have a soft spot for Figment though. Epcot is my favorite park and I loved the original Journey into Imagination. The current one, not as much.

As for my favorite princes...any I can get :thumbsup2.

Out of the classic characters, I love, love, love pluto. Non-classic, my favorite is Mulan. I was raised on a horse ranch, used to ride everyday, so I love a story about a strong girl who saves the day with her horse!

My favorite Disney character is definitely Mickey. It's hard not to go with the main mouse on this one. However, having two daughters who grew up with Disney movies, I also love the strong leading female characters like Belle, Ariel and Cinderella and the example they set to the girls out there.

Richard, I thought for sure your favorite character would be Piglet. ;) :)

My favorite would probably be the Evil Queen with Piglet a close second. :cutie:

Its hard to pick one favorite. I guess I would say Tigger or Pooh, but how can you not love the Big Guy?

Goofy has always been my favorite. I love the How To... sports cartoons. I am passing on my affection to Goofy to my nieces, I send them a post card from WDW on every trip, written as Goofy. They get a big kick out of it.:smickey:

That's a tough one. As a kid, I wanted to be an animator and would sit for hours drawing Disney cartoon characters. Picking favorites will be hard but here are a few: Donald, Mickey, Thumper, Merriweather and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, Evinrude from the Rescuers, Snow White & every one of the 7 dwarfs, Todd from the Fox & the Hound, Tigger, & Jiminy Cricket. I am guess I'm partial to the classics.

Goofy of course. :thumbsup2 His how to video's always cracked me up as a kid and as my parents took me to the parks he's always the one I had to see. I guess I should say have to see because he's still the character I look for if I want a picture. Heck I did the Goofy Challenge because I wanted the Goofy medal/shirt and then the second time so I could get the special medal. :lmao:

Hi! I'm back! Thanks Richard, for hosting this week - what a great question!

I grew up loving Donald Duck and the Chip & Dale cartoons. I think Chip was always my favorite, but really, Donald is the one that is the laugh riot. The one we really loved was the one with all the apples, especially since one of my nicknames growing up was Apple-Core. Yeah, seriously...

Dale: Apple Core.
Donald: There's no more. (or something...)
Dale: Who'se your Friend?
Donald: Me!
(throws core in Donald's face)

Yeah, I can't really explain it. Here's the video:
Donald Apple Core Cartoon

So yeah, it's Donald.

As for the modern films, I'm a fan of Mulan (my Kung Fu sister!) and the supporting characters in Little Mermaid - Scuttle and Louis, especially.

Aurora is my favorite character, I even names my dog after her.... I didn't want to name her just a traditional "princess" but Princess Aurora everyone thinks its so rare. But I liked it cause of the star constellation Aurora Borealis. Then when the movie release on dvd again the other year everyone started catching on... But she also is the princess which is usually known for the pink dress... Which only added to the liking.... If I had to pick a non-traditional character I'd say Evinrude from the rescuers.

evinrude.jpg
b-daymove092_edited.jpg

Yeah, I can't really explain it. Here's the video:
Donald Apple Core Cartoon

Wow, the things you can find on the internet! I remember that one, definitely an oldie but a goodie. Poor Donald would always be the straight man...er straight duck. He's one of my favorites, too.

BTW, part-time hosting was my pleasure but you can keep the full time job. ;)

Richard - :wave: Good to see you! Thanks for startign the mixer this week!

OK, big surprise. I love my Pooh-bear! he's #1. Minnie's become a close second in teh last few years, though. And, you can't love Disney without giving full credit to teh main mouse!

Wow - noon and no Mixer question?? What kind of Monday is this???

I am distracted because I'm in the middle of painting the set for an upcoming production of Suburb: The Musical. So here's today's question:

Outside of Disney, Health and Fitness, what other interests do you cultivate?

For me, I have a thing for technical theater - running crew and scenic painting are my favorites, though I also like props and set construction.

I also enjoy reading (esp. sci fi) and vegetarian cooking. I have been known to sew as well.

I take tae kwon do lessons. I also love scrapbooking, reading, and travel (yes outside of Disney).

outside of disney...

Well Im a full time college student, but that's not much of an interest... I love going on cruises, since I live in Fl and theres like 5 common ports I usually do atleast one cruise a year.... I love scrapbooking as well! Love my cricut! Im also part of a bmw enthusiast club. My boyfriend and his friends have all their cars sponsored so I go to alot of their car shows... And get called when one of the models doesn't show up to promo. Which I don't mind, but not into much but it is fun to make quick extra money for smiling on one of our cars. haha!

Outside of Disney, Health and Fitness, what other interests do you cultivate?
Let's see, not any of the above. Hmmmm
I like to learn about "things."
I enjoy reading, and am trying to expand on that so have been playing with a grouip of ladies in a monthly reading group. We don't do much brain work and I've actually expanded myself by reading things I would never have chosen.
I geocache and my DH geocaches with me.
Crocheting is something I do in a very limited way.

Hmmm. Interests outside of Disney, Health and Fitness -- you mean I should do something else?! :rotfl2:

I am an avid reader -- sci fi, mysteries, and the occasional paranormal romance -- think "Blond with a Wand"...I also love to travel, we tend to cruise every few years. I also enjoy puzzles and counted crossstitch, but I don't get to those very often. I'm a Patriots fan, and can be counted on to watch the playoffs, no matter who's playing.

Honestly, running has become my hobby, and I spend alot of time on it, or resting so I can do it! :cool1:

I also watch way too much t.v., but I really don't want to call that a hobby! :happytv:

Can I say going through 6th grade again, because that's what it feels like with all my ds's homework and projects! :rotfl:

Maria :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter