W.I.S.H. me luck

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
In a short while my husband and I are going to drive to New Orleans. We are staying on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter.

I will be eating shrimp without the etouffe :( No gumbo <i>*sigh*</i>, no beignets :rolleyes:

Then we drive to Houston and other parts of East Texas. No chicken and dumplings, no chicken fried steak, no Pappas butterflied deep fried shrimp, no yummy Texas Barbecue. None of our comfort foods that we usually pork out on when we visit family.

This trip is going to be a real test of character for both of us. I believe we are both determined, though. My husband feels so much better now that Atkins has his blood sugar under control, that he has no intention of giving up that good feeling by eating high carb.

W.I.S.H. us luck

Katholyn

You can do it...... There are lots of good things you can still have!
Our Local Sonny's Restaurant has a wonderful hickory smoked bar-b-que with sauce on the side, so dont give up on that. You may be able to find different versions of old favorites.

Wow,

You guys are so determined! Good job.

Are you driving thru SE Minn. on your way? Taking I-90 at all?

Have a safe trip.

herc.

Wishing you a TON of luck, Katholyn. That is tough!!! I know you can do it!!!

Hercamore, we are way East of MN. We will drive through Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)

Katholyn - you can eat GOOD on low carb... just differently then you used to. :) I know you can do it... and you will feel sooo much better in the long run. HUGS to you my friend.

I don't look at the things I can't (or, more appropriately WON'T) eat... I look at all the marvelous things I CAN eat... steaks, shrimp, ribs, real cream ice cream... I truly don't miss much of anything!

You can do it. :)

WISHin' you LOTS of luck, Katholyn. It will take a lot of strength but I know that you can do it. It sounds like both you and DH are determined. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter