VWL room layout question....

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.

I have a question.... See the question mark? Can anyone tell me what it is?
We will be staying in the one bedroom in August and are trying to figure out the layout. Is this a walk in closet? Silly question, if so, will a pack and play fit in here?

Yes it is, a P&P may not fit. We usually put a couple of suit case stands there and they barely fit. Several DVC resorts have a similar closet off the master bathroom.

I think the P&P will fit. We had a 2 bedroom at VWL and the P&P fit in the closet in the second bedroom. The closet sizes look to be similar, with the master maybe a little bigger.

js

I think the P&P will fit. We had a 2 bedroom at VWL and the P&P fit in the closet in the second bedroom. The closet sizes look to be similar, with the master maybe a little bigger.

js

Thanks for the replies.
I know I might sound like a terrible parent wanting to put my kid in a closet!
But he won't sleep unless it completely dark and quiet!

The closet in the 2nd bedroom of a dedicated 2 bedroom was giant. We commented that we could use it as a bedroom for two extra kids on an inflatable. I don't remember the one in the master bedroom being that big, though. As previously posted, it was just big enough to accommodate our suitcases.

It may be that the master bedroom closet is bigger in the 1 bedroom/lock-off rooms?

I have a question.... See the question mark? Can anyone tell me what it is?
We will be staying in the one bedroom in August and are trying to figure out the layout. Is this a walk in closet? Silly question, if so, will a pack and play fit in here?

The 1BR layout at VWL and SSR is identical. Based on my recent stay at SSR, I'd guess that the closet area would just be wide enough for a P&P.

The only challenge might be that I don't recall if there's a door on the closet, so controlling noise level might be harder. And if VWL has those dumb motion-activated exhaust fans in the bathroom like they have at SSR, then no matter how quietly you tiptoe into the bathroom, that darned fan is going to start going.

We were in a dedicated 2BR at VWL in April and actually used both closets for "crib" rooms! :goodvibes

The closet attached to the Master/Only in the 1BR was just big enough for the Pack 'n Play. There was a sliding, pocket door on the closet and no motion sensor on the fan in that part of the bathroom. The only concern we had with closing the door all the way was that it might get a bit stuffy without any air circulation. Our 1 year old napped in there just fine as long as we left the closet door open and the 2 bathroom doors closed along with the shutters over the tub. The nice thing about all those bathroom doors is that you were still able to access the toilet and close another door without disturbing the baby!

Now, we were able to fit a full size crib in the closet in the second bedroom and there was enough room for me to move a chair in there, too!! That's where baby slept at night.

Just wanted you to know that you are certainly NOT the only DVCer to put a kid to sleep in a closet! :thumbsup2

As a matter of fact, I'll confess our dirty little secret if you promise not to tell anyone ... ;) We have stayed in a 1Br or 2Br at OKW with each of our children when they were little enough to sleep in pack 'n plays and we actually put them in the (get ready for it!) LAUNDRY ROOM!!

My only suggestion would be to bring a nightlight because it can get a bit dark in the bathroom area.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

At BCV and SSR, the closet door is a swinging door and swings into the space. So you need all the space in the closet to open and close the door. Bad design.

I was in a one bedroom last September at VWL that was the first room down the short hall behind the elevators. My walk in closet was severely reduced in size - I'm assuming to accommodate some mechanicals for the elevators or something. I could just barely fit three smallish suitcases in it, and the hanging rod was only about two feet long. So if you ended up with a room with a reduced closet, it would definitely not work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter