VWL Owners being ripped off

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if the dues were not coming in as they should. We live in a subdivision with an HOA, and we're seeing MUCH more delinquency than we have in the 8 or 9 years, prior. It stands to reason, given the economic climate.
My HOA is encountering the same problem but to add to the issue budgeted items coming in at higher prices than anticipated haven't helped the situation. Multiple foreclosure where in the bank does not reimburse the HOA for past fees makes ti hard to pay the bills. Disney is not immuned and I'm sure is experiencing much the same problem.

However, why is it that every time someone reports issues on these boards of on-going maintenance problems, they are immediately flamed. Then there's the fear of potential new buyers not buying because Disney's perfect image might be tarnished. If potential buyers are that fragile then maybe they shouldn't be buying into a timeshare.

I've been a DVC member since 2000, I've had minor maintenance problems over the years but they were addressed immediately and courteously. However, in my last few stays even minor issues aren't getting addressed as they should even when reported to the proper departments. Some of the common areas are looking less well kept.

Maintenance/Mousekeeping has become a huge area of concern and I believe that it can only benefit DVC members to share these stories in the effort of getting the problems resolved and reported. If your labeled a complainer the minute you report something, you're apt to say nothing. These boards help people realize that it's a benefit to every owner to report a problem. And I'm sorry, but the lobby CM's are responsible to contact maintenance, because at the end of the day when maintenance doesn't fix the problem, guess where I'm going, to the lobby to see the manager.

Will I sell my DVC because of this, no, will it stop me from staying at WLV, no but maintenance/mousekeeping needs to step it up. Are DVC owners getting ripped off, no but DVC needs to get it's bang for it's buck and resolve these issues.

Where I work, if you aren't doing the job, you get warned and then if you don't get your act together you get gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter