VWL or BLT?

skorpie

Love the magic
Traveling March 2016 with 5 yr. old grandson. We currently have reservations at VWL, my DH favorite. I am very concerned about the construction and how it will impact the overall vacation. Since we will probably go to MK the most, should we switch over to BLT? Never stayed there before. DH really loves the Lodge but I am beginning to think that the construction will make the vacation lose some "magic". Any advice would be appreciated.

Our home resort is VWL, so I tend to be biased towards it. For a long time, I never considered staying at the other DVCs. Once I did expand out, I began to realize the world of possibilities depending on time of year, different things going on in WDW, etc. So with that being said, we love BLT! Here are our stand out reasons for staying there...proximity to MK, a walk to the gate in 10 mins, proximity via monorail to other resorts that allows you more choices in dining, proximity to WL and FW via boat, which allows you more restaurant choices. And between BLT and Contemporary, lots of amenities including restaurants and lounges, etc.

Knowing VWL/WL is under construction, I would go with BLT

Thanks for helping in the decision. I am strongly leaning towards BLT. We have stayed at other resorts, so this is a good time to try out BLT. I will now just have to acquaint myself with all it has to offer.

Another vote for BLT. Walk to MK, take a bus from MK to any other Disney resort or take monorail to Poly and GF- I like the transportation options and proximity to MK. You are only a boat ride to WL and the Fort for a visit.

Disney is paying to move guests from WL/VWL so that tells me that they expect some unhappy guests.

:earsboy: Bill

So with that being said, we love BLT! Here are our stand out reasons for staying there...proximity to MK, a walk to the gate in 10 mins, proximity via monorail to other resorts that allows you more choices in dining, proximity to WL and FW via boat, which allows you more restaurant choices. And between BLT and Contemporary, lots of amenities including restaurants and lounges, etc.

Knowing VWL/WL is under construction, I would go with BLT

I agree with Jimmy...and I'd throw in that BLT Lake View rooms have a beautiful view of Bay Lake. Personally we prefer that to the MK view rooms that charge more for point. Given the uncertainty of VWL construction, I'd go with BLT for this one. :)

Traveling March 2016 with 5 yr. old grandson. We currently have reservations at VWL, my DH favorite. I am very concerned about the construction and how it will impact the overall vacation. Since we will probably go to MK the most, should we switch over to BLT? Never stayed there before. DH really loves the Lodge but I am beginning to think that the construction will make the vacation lose some "magic". Any advice would be appreciated.

If the construction is making you worry, go with BLT (we love it there...also at VWL...also at BWV). It is a short boat ride to go and visit VWL for part of a day or go for dinner at Whispering Canyon.

What size room are booking? I love the BLT 1 and 2 bedrooms. But the studios are very small. But being able to walk to MK is so convenient.

We have a two bedroom villa. Just switched over to the BLT, two bedroom lake view. I think I am feeling better about the decision. As much as DH loves VWL, I wouldn't want him to be upset over the disruptions while we are on vacation. Anyway, it is a good chance to try another resort! Our grandson will be happy just being at WDW.

We have a two bedroom villa. Just switched over to the BLT, two bedroom lake view. I think I am feeling better about the decision. As much as DH loves VWL, I wouldn't want him to be upset over the disruptions while we are on vacation. Anyway, it is a good chance to try another resort! Our grandson will be happy just being at WDW.
I think you'll be very happy with your decision. BLT has so many positives.

I really like the lobby. From BLT its just a boat ride over to visit and you can pool hop to there if you feel the need, or just grab a meal there.

I think you made a wise decision. The lake view rooms are really nice....sometimes you can luck out with a partial MK view. And you can go to top of the world lounge and viewing deck as long as you are a member staying on points. You will love the walk to MK.

Enjoy your stay.

Feeling a lot better about the move to BLT. Will be fun no matter what! All the above posts were very reassuring. I know we will love BLT and the proximity to MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter