VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
111 days to VWL here. Should I start the count down? :-D

Sure why not! :thumbsup2 Only 134 more days for me. :goodvibes I'll be at BWV for our F&W trip much sooner, but it's my trip home that I'm really excited about. Just signed up to donate a tree in the tree share thread. Found the perfect VWL table top tree on ebay. I can't wait! :santa:

Did you know.....

The 1st sports personality to say "I'm going to Disney World" after winning a championship and MVP honors was Phil Simms of the NY Giants. Following his victory in Super Bowl XXI in 1987, he answered a reporter's 'Whats next?" with this now legendary catchphrase.

Bwana Bob's, the small merchandise kiosk in Adventureland, is a tribute to actor/comedian Bob Hope, who starred in Call Me Bwana in 1963. The location was orignally home to a ticket booth. It became the Adentureland kiosk before changing its name to Bwana's in 1985

It is comforting to know this morning that after yesterday’s financial correction/debacle, our vacations have not diminished and The Lodge is still wait for us in the future! I just might have to use the kitchen in my room more often!

It is comforting to know this morning that after yesterday’s financial correction/debacle, our vacations have not diminished and The Lodge is still wait for us in the future! I just might have to use the kitchen in my room more often!

Right there with you Dad. I looked at my portfolio this morning, roughly 10,000 less than the start of the week. What do I do, at the inspiration of WD, I go to DVC website to find out how many days til OKW. 67 days, 16 hrs. and 39 mins.:thumbsup2

I cant wait! We are meeting up with friends from home who have been twice and still in commando mode, but we will be playing catch up with them. But its OK, will share many meals with them. Just flat out cant wait to be there. Told Tammy last night it will be great to pick them up in our van and take them for a sightsee at our other home.

Right there with you Dad. I looked at my portfolio this morning, roughly 10,000 less than the start of the week. What do I do, at the inspiration of WD, I go to DVC website to find out how many days til OKW. 67 days, 16 hrs. and 39 mins.:thumbsup2

JT, never ever look at your portfolio or 401K statements in the midst of craziness, it will only lead to pain. :) I generally left the tv off yesterday. I'm usually a new junkie but I find the day after any major change, pandominum is the order.

I'm down to 15 days!!!! :banana:

JT, never ever look at your portfolio or 401K statements in the midst of craziness, it will only lead to pain. :) I generally left the tv off yesterday. I'm usually a new junkie but I find the day after any major change, pandominum is the order.

ITA, Eliza! I refuse to look (right now). Only 15 days!

32 for me!!:goodvibes

Exactly. At least, until my broker called me today to tell me how well I did TODAY. I told him I didn't look at the portfolio yesterday because I didn't want to know how much it had dropped.

I'm with the rest of you. My next Disney vacation starts in 3 days! We leave Friday for Seattle and then head to Vancouver on Monday. DCL to Alaska on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to getting away from stock markets, recall elections, HOT summer weather, etc.

So it goes up, then down, then stubbles over here, and finally rolls there; the market, interest rates, and so on, can drive you crazy (ref: Eliza's comments - Love the word pandominum; well chosen!). And let's not get started on any of our elected leaders. (I don't have enough Tums)

For comfort, I looked at my portfolio of DVC points, and sure enough, they were all still there, every one of them, waiting for me to use, again and again. :cool1:

Aren't we all so smart for anchoring assets into something that gives such great joy; in the planning, in the discussing, and in the doing!

I love hanging out with smart people! :thumbsup2

So it goes up, then down, then stubbles over here, and finally rolls there; the market, interest rates, and so on, can drive you crazy (ref: Eliza's comments - Love the word pandominum; well chosen!). And let's not get started on any of our elected leaders. (I don't have enough Tums)

For comfort, I looked at my portfolio of DVC points, and sure enough, they were all still there, every one of them, waiting for me to use, again and again. :cool1:

Aren't we all so smart for anchoring assets into something that gives such great joy; in the planning, in the discussing, and in the doing!

I loved reading this! It's so nice to smile first thing in the morning. :goodvibes

Exactly right! I am NOT looking at my portfolio. I can't do anything about the stock market anyway so why torture myself? But no matter how bad it gets, I still have my Disney vacations. I LOVE DVC!

This time tomorrow I will be at the airport with the people who matter the most in the world to me, on our way to the happiest place in the world! Right off to court to try and win one last trial, then back home to reweigh the cases for about the fiftieth time! I reckon 36 hours from now I should be on that balcony at the lodge:cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay:

This time tomorrow I will be at the airport with the people who matter the most in the world to me, on our way to the happiest place in the world! Right off to court to try and win one last trial, then back home to reweigh the cases for about the fiftieth time! I reckon 36 hours from now I should be on that balcony at the lodge:cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay:

We hope you have a great time this side of the pond! And oh, yeah . . . .
Welcome Home!

Yea!!! Me too! It has been a very busy week but everything is packed and just a few last minute errands to do today.

I hope you have a great flight over.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter