• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mayflowershowleahs2010198.jpg

How about a three word phrase?
Heart Pounding Excitement !

Wooot Wooot Wooot !

JimmyTammy -- yes, it gets crowded there!!!! If you are ever going through Tennessee, the Chattanooga Aquarium is just lovely. I like the GA Aqu. just fine... but there is something very warm and friendly about the Tennessee Aquarium. That whole downtown riverfront area is a very fun place to explore.

I hope Atlanta treated you well. Did you go to the World of Coke?

We are having a great time, it isnt WDW, but hey, its not work, and thats a good thing:thumbsup2 We have never been to the World of Coke, how is it?

We are going to the Cyclorama later today then to the game.

Would love to go to the Chat. Aq., never been to that area of Tenn. before, but would very much enjoy it as there are Civil War battlefields around there, so that sums it up for me(Granny knows me well on this;)). I have been to Nashville and Bristol, and while in NC Mts. we will travel over the border just to say we were in another state:drive:

Twokats So sad to hear about Jasmine and the loss of her puppies.
Hope she feels better soon.

Inkmahm Sorry to hear about the rough patch you've been having,
You're in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy
recovery.
I owe you this picture form our mini meet last Dec. hope we can do it again
some time soon. :goodvibes

Dec2011AKLVWLWDW036.jpg

recovery.

Dec2011AKLVWLWDW036.jpg

Great photo of you all !

Glad you are having some fun travel JT !

We are having a great time, it isnt WDW, but hey, its not work, and thats a good thing:thumbsup2 We have never been to the World of Coke, how is it?

We are going to the Cyclorama later today then to the game.

Would love to go to the Chat. Aq., never been to that area of Tenn. before, but would very much enjoy it as there are Civil War battlefields around there, so that sums it up for me(Granny knows me well on this;)). I have been to Nashville and Bristol, and while in NC Mts. we will travel over the border just to say we were in another state:drive:

OH -- YOU MUST MAKE TIME to go to the Atlanta History Center!!!! YOU MUST if you are a Civil War buff. The History Center has an absolutely amazing and very large permanent exhibition on the Civil War. It is worth the price of admission. Really, really!!!!!!!!!!

World of Coke is fun -- but definitely a giant commercial in museum form. (Still fun, though!)
If you have time for a little jog NW of Atlanta, there is the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield National Park. Very nice! Also Pickett's Mill. But the History Center should come first. I think you would be very, very impressed.

recovery.

Dec2011AKLVWLWDW036.jpg

Thanks for the picture! I'd forgotten all about it, actually. What a nice surprise!

Thanks for the thoughts and the prayers, everyone. I'm getting more nervous as I get closer to surgery time. I know I'm doing the right thing getting this knee fixed but I just wish it were over with. If I'm not back here tomorrow before my surgery on Monday, I know you'll all be thinking of me and praying for me. I do appreciate it.

Inkmahm - keeping you in my prayers.

Twokats - so sorry to hear about your fur baby's trouble. Hope she's ok now.

Kathy -- so sorry about the puppies... that is a sad, sad thing to have happen.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the puppies. I wonder if dog moms know when something like this happens that their babies are missing? I hope Jasmine hangs in there and is also better soon.

twokats
So sorry for you and your sweet Jasmine, hope she gets well very soon

Twokats....so sorry to hear about Jasmine and her lost little puppies. I hope she'll be ok and back to herself very soon. Hugs !

Twokats - so sorry to hear about your fur baby's trouble. Hope she's ok now.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I took Jasmine to our vet this morning and she said everything looked fine. Just have to watch the bleeding and make sure it does not last over ten days. She is back down to 4.4 pounds. The additional weight of the puppies had her a touch over 6. She does not like me to be out of her sight still. And Max gets stressed if both of us are gone at the same time. We had not ever seperated them until I had to take her to the clinic. She still is not jumping up on the sofa a whole lot, wants to be picked up, but she seems to be well on the mend. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts for my precious baby girl!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are still having 106 - 108 degree days and have had for the last couple of weeks. They are thinking we will cool down to the 98 - 99 range the end of next week! Looking forward to a cold front!!!

Just booked a trip to WDW on President's Day weekend, but I wasn't able to get VWL studio for all three nights, so we are booked at AKL. I have waitlisted VWL for that stay. Do I have a decent chance of getting a studio stay for that weekend (Sat-Tues)? Just curious.

Sending MooseDust your way hoosiermike for that waitlist to come through

twokats
I hope it cools down soon for you folks. I never thought I would be looking forward to winter but this summer makes me feel different about it!

Wait for Fall JT....but not winter....BOOO on cold/ice/snow/sleet :sad2: Heck....we even had a 5-6 inch snow storm here in PA in Fall last year (Oct 29) !!! BOOO snow/ice !

hoosiermike....yes, I think you have a chance. My waitlist came through at Kidani and VWL for this trip when I didn't think it would ! I'm at VWL end of Sept and Kidani first weekend in Oct. Big times as far as free dining, Food and Wine and the Halloween party....oh ....and Columbus weekend.
So sending some pixiedust your way !!!! Keep the Ole Faithful Mike (my play on the geyser at WL/VWL...which I know is called Fire Rock geyser...but you get the idea) ! :yay:

Thoughts and prayers to Inkmahm !!!!

Hoosier Mike -- I'm not a dvc member, so I don't know much.... but I do know that I hate uncertainty! During the time that I was on a waitlist with David's DVC rentals, I was on pins and needles! I feel for ya!

But I bet it will all work out!

Nice picture teapot of you, Inkmahm and Dynaguy! Mini-meets are so much fun especially when you're in WDW.

Warm thoughts and prayers Inkmahm for a successful surgery. New knees are in my future, too at some point. For now the injections seem to keep me walking.

Our four-footed friends leave paw prints on our hearts. Kathy, I hope your four-footed family member is on the mend and back to her old self real soon.

Moosedust hoosiermike that your waitlist comes through!

Just an FYI. It's not the greatest discount, but I happened to have a Restaurant.com GC so I got one for free. Restaurants.com has listed Crossroads At House Of Blues on their site now (search zip code 32830).
http://allears.net/menu/menu_hob.htm

It's $20 for a $50 food certificate. There is a $100 minium on food purchase. We're traveling with a group in the Fall so shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the picture! I'd forgotten all about it, actually. What a nice surprise!

Thanks for the thoughts and the prayers, everyone. I'm getting more nervous as I get closer to surgery time. I know I'm doing the right thing getting this knee fixed but I just wish it were over with. If I'm not back here tomorrow before my surgery on Monday, I know you'll all be thinking of me and praying for me. I do appreciate it.

Prayers for a successful procedure Inky, and yes, we will be thinking of you.:cloud9:

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I took Jasmine to our vet this morning and she said everything looked fine. Just have to watch the bleeding and make sure it does not last over ten days. She is back down to 4.4 pounds. The additional weight of the puppies had her a touch over 6. She does not like me to be out of her sight still. And Max gets stressed if both of us are gone at the same time. We had not ever seperated them until I had to take her to the clinic. She still is not jumping up on the sofa a whole lot, wants to be picked up, but she seems to be well on the mend. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts for my precious baby girl!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are still having 106 - 108 degree days and have had for the last couple of weeks. They are thinking we will cool down to the 98 - 99 range the end of next week! Looking forward to a cold front!!!

Oh Kathy, what a sad story about the puppies. I am so sorry for both you and Jasmine. I hope she gets better soon.
We love our pets so much and when they hurt, we do too.:hug:

Thanks, everyone. My paperwork is done and my bag is ready. Still have one more shower scrub to do in a few hours and them I'm off to the hospital. I know I have a good surgeon, but I'm still nervous. Thanks again for the prayers.

We'll be sending positive thoughts and support Ink ! Hugs !

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sending prayers your way Inkmahm!

Twokats - hope your pup is doing better. I'm sure that was scary, sad and also a relief that she has made it thru.

Inkmahm -- I know everything will turn out great!

I have a question to throw out to the peanut gallery....

I've mentioned before that our anniversary will fall during our Disney trip next year. The crowd calendar has changed since I last looked -- and may change again, I know. Initially, best park that day was Epcot, but now it is Magic Kingdom.

It will be very magical being there on our anniversary -- but it will also be a packed day.... that's the park with the most to offer for the kids, so we will be going on lots of rides -- not thinking that a dinner reservation fits into that day.

The only thing I can think of to make that day a little special is to do the dessert buffet at Tomorrowland Terrace.

But then we will miss out on the Electric Parade, which I am eager to see for the first time since I was a kid!

Maybe just having a blanket and a picnic somewhere on the hub will be even more romantic. (As my husband said "with the kids right there!" :) )

I wonder what the best place is to see both?

We'll be doing the park in the morning, then going back to the lodge for a long break.... returning in the late afternoon to continue rides, then parade and Wishes.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter