VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purposely only take 2 vacations per year so I won't get saturated with Disney, but I can't wait to set foot in our beloved Lodge. 53 days to go, but who's counting?

I think that I'd like to go during the following months.
March, May, September, October, November, December

Umm, that's 6 vacations per year. Anybody doing this sort of thing? It's probably not spread out enough, but I don't want to go when it's too cold and I don't want to go during the summer.

I'm one of the silent lurker members, but I want to say (probably not the first time) how much I love how close you guys are.

I also want to say: I need more points! Southwest had a 40% coupon today. Could have flown to our lodge for $163 RT from California!! WHAT!!!

I purposely only take 2 vacations per year so I won't get saturated with Disney, but I can't wait to set foot in our beloved Lodge. 53 days to go, but who's counting?

I think that I'd like to go during the following months.
March, May, September, October, November, December

Umm, that's 6 vacations per year. Anybody doing this sort of thing? It's probably not spread out enough, but I don't want to go when it's too cold and I don't want to go during the summer.

Hey fellow groupies - is it OK to hate on this thread. :)

Due to a number of reasons - some beyond my contol, my last vacation was to the VWL in June of 2007. Yes you read that correctly. (Well, my wife and I did steal away for a couple of days at Cedar Point two years ago.) So if some of my posts about my upcoming trip sound border line gitty, well, it's because I am gitty. And I'm OK with that. :) But two vacations per year? Wow - go for the six. Trust me, if I could, I would. Can one ever get oversaturated with Disney? I would like to try and find out.

Well if we are considering a year to be the last twelve months then I have been lucky enough to vacation three times. True the one last December was not at the lodge but we did visit three times for groupie meets and dining. Then May and September were actually to the lodge. That was a grand total of 27 days at WDW. While I did not feel saturated I was at the point where I did not feel like I had to do everything and if we wanted to chill and enjoy our balcony and listen to the sounds we did. I know this was a one time happening which will not be repeated in a very long time. But I would like to do it again, especially if there is another cruise in it like there was in May!!!

Where the ducks walk on the backs of fish. Not Disney World, but a tourist attraction none the less.

Have you seen the carp? They are the ugliest things I have ever seen! So disgusting...so fascinating.
Love your new Moosie - so handsome!

Its what makes USA so great, a mixed bag of cultures that work towards a common goal, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...BTW, does anyone happen to hear The Voices of Liberty warming up, cause I do(in my head anyway:upsidedow)

Actually I had the Candlelight Processional playing while I worked today. I'm gearing up for Christmas! :santa:

Have a great time and yup, we tend to go early December.:santa:

Look who has her Moosie Siggy back!

Speaking of Moosie siggies, I notice we have a couple of new Groupies who have no Moose!!!!!!

Oh, and I also have PM back! Double secret probation is mostly done! ......

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Yea!

I'm one of the silent lurker members, but I want to say (probably not the first time) how much I love how close you guys are.

I also want to say: I need more points! Southwest had a 40% coupon today. Could have flown to our lodge for $163 RT from California!! WHAT!!!

WELCOME! Always room for another Groupie!
Our AirTran flights were down to $75.00 each way this morning. I now have enough credit in my account for one of our flights for next years F&W! :cool1:
But $163.00 from California is exceptional!

WELCOME! Always room for another Groupie!
Our AirTran flights were down to $75.00 each way this morning. I now have enough credit in my account for one of our flights for next years F&W! :cool1:
But $163.00 from California is exceptional!

I KNOW!!! Ugh!! Out of points!! Oh well, hopefully another sale in 2013 for the same time frame (that's my next trip....)

Can I love the lodge but hate the villas?

I have to say, this is a 1st. I think the general consensus here is that we love all things Lodge here. I can say with all sincerity that I am not particularly fond of the rooms at the Lodge but love the villa rooms. That said, I dont hate the Lodge side rooms. I love all that encompasses the WL and VWL and really consider it to be all as one.

If we can all agree to disagree and leave it at that then I think you will fit right in, so...

Welcome to the groupies disney_bob!!!

DiznyDi, I grew up visiting those carp every couple of years. I believe you and I are nearly neighbors. Or at least me and your DD. I was born and raised in Ashtabula but am now 15 to 20 miles south of the causeway.

My WDW and Fantasy cruise have come to an end.....thank you so much for the happy trip/bon voyage wishes from Disney Loving Iowan, Granny and Dizny Di and others (stopher on FB) ! Thanks for thinking of me....had a wonderful time and some much needed R&R :goodvibes

:rose::rose::rose:To eliza .....I have been on vacation for 14 days and just catching up now. My heart is heavy with the news of your husband's passing. I am sending my warmest thoughts of comfort and prayers to you and your entire family. As others have said, I feel like I know you after so many years here in our thread. I'm sending you a hug and I hope you can feel it tonight.

But my motto is, never give up, never surrender.
Have you found the Beryllium Sphere in your galaxy? ;)

Kathymford said:
Could have flown to our lodge for $163 RT from California!! WHAT!!!
Yet, we live a mere 600 miles from the World, less than a 2-hour drive to Charlotte, and the cheapest airfare we can find is $296. No wonder airlines go bankrupt. :crazy2:

Have you found the Beryllium Sphere in your galaxy? ;)

Yet, we live a mere 600 miles from the World, less than a 2-hour drive to Charlotte, and the cheapest airfare we can find is $296. No wonder airlines go bankrupt. :crazy2:

Well, it was a special and only with a code.... :)

My WDW and Fantasy cruise have come to an end.....thank you so much for the happy trip/bon voyage wishes from Disney Loving Iowan, Granny and Dizny Di and others (stopher on FB) ! Thanks for thinking of me....had a wonderful time and some much needed R&R :goodvibes

Welcome back, Maria! Glad you had a great time and was able to get re-charged!

Well, it was a special and only with a code.... :)
Oh, I got that, but one would think a relatively short hop from one mid-major airport to another wouldn't cost more than a flight from one coast to another. For comparison, there are flights from Charlotte to NYC on JetBlue for as low as $69. That high cost to MCO is why we almost always drive. ::yes::

rfassett said:
Lol Sleepydog, Great, Great movie!
I agree! Sam Rockwell shines, and I've long been an Alan Rickman fan--love his put upon demeanor in this flick. :thumbsup2

Oh, I got that, but one would think a relatively short hop from one mid-major airport to another wouldn't cost more than a flight from one coast to another.

We were able to hit on "relatively" inexpensive flights on Delta and Airtran from Richmond to Orlando - about 225.00 each (RT) with the AirTran being a direct flight (NOTHING is ever direct from Richmond!;)). What's floored us this year is the cost of a rental car. We usually use Alamo - pick it up at the airport and drop in the car care center in Disney - and right now to do that the cost is over 500.00!:scared1: I've used my Costco membership to get the cost down to about 20.00 a day through Enterprise, but that also means bringing it back to the airport. We always just enjoyed relaxing on Magical Express on the way back - so we'll see how this works out this year.

Hope everyone is doing well! It's taking me awhile to catch up on all the goings on here!;)

Oh, Eliza, I just popped into the boards this morning to check in on what's new with the groupies and found your devastating news. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Will be thinking and praying for you in the days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter