VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for all our Groupies enjoying WDW and some mini-meets...

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!! popcorn::

Hope everyone has a great week!! Christmas is just round the corner:santa:

Hope those of you traveling are enjoying WDW. One question, Osborne Festival of Lights thumbs up or skip it? Thoughts? I've never seen it and it will still be going on when we arrive for one more night.

Merry Christmas all! :) Safe travels, and holidays.
I almost missed this query. Absolutely you should take in the Osborne Lights. It is one of my top three must-dos during the holidays at WDW. I had seen pictures and heard accounts before my first viewing a few years back, but nothing prepared me for the actual experience. The first time the synchronized lights begin flashing to the beat of the music, I was hooked. You don't want to miss them. The rumors are out there about the lights going away or moving, but given their popularity, I suspect they will be around somewhere in some form for years to come, perhaps just not in that particular area.

Enjoy!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :wave2:

We had a fantastic time at VWL the first week of December. We fell in love with the place and can't wait to go back again someday! The weather was perfect and the crowds seemed low (to us at least). The only downside was that our DS came down with the flu smack-dab in the middle of our trip. Fortunately he had recently had his flu shot, so it was a very mild version of the flu and we were able to get out of the room and redeem our trip toward the end of our stay. Although if you must have the flu at Disney World, the best place to do so is in a one-bedroom villa with your own kitchen and laundry facilities. Our DS didn't leave the room for an entire two days, except to be rocked in front of the Christmas tree at the wee hours of the morning (great memory). DH and I took turns running to Roaring Forks for food. Fortunately neither of us even got so much as a little cold, and DS bounced back quickly!

We really enjoyed meeting twokats and Muushka! We didn't take any photos together as the visit was a little short, but enjoyed visiting for a little by the lovely fireplace and Christmas tree. I miss it already and wish I was back there right now!

We love VWL! Just went in November for 10 days. Great time as always. I'm always surprised how few people I see up early in the morning (like 5am). It's beautiful that time of day. I always catch a couple sunrises from the dock, too.
Here's a short video of one:
http://youtu.be/sjRXZH3xOEo

We love VWL! Just went in November for 10 days. Great time as always. I'm always surprised how few people I see up early in the morning (like 5am). It's beautiful that time of day. I always catch a couple sunrises from the dock, too.
Here's a short video of one:
http://youtu.be/sjRXZH3xOEo
Lovely video. Made me long for the Lodge. I must admit, however, that I'm not a get up and get out by 5 a.m. type. 6? Yep. 5? Not so much. On the chance occasion I have done so there, it is usually gorgeous and tranquil. Thanks!

PoohsFan
Most views are of trees. That sounds bad but it goes with the theming. If you ask for a a room near elevator, may afford you a better view of pool.

Thank you, I kind of thought so, and that is fine by me. We really like the woodsy view. I wasn't sure if there were any other types of views.

I'll post pictures! Just one more sleep to go. :yay: We leave tomorrow afternoon. I'm actually glad it's tomorrow & not today. More snow on the way for us this afternoon. 3-6" on top of the frozen wasteland we currently have. :crazy2: I'm sure it would have resulted in a flight delay. Every time I take an afternoon flight I always regret it. But by tomorrow we'll have sunny skies so hoping for no delays!

Looking forward to seeing Di & Dad. I don't think I overlap anyone else. Can't wait to get over to the Lodge for a visit. I think a Lapu Lapu + a Lodge visit will be in order very early into our trip. :thumbsup2

Safe travels to all that are doing any traveling over the holidays. Pictures to come! Merry Christmas to all! :santa:

Thank you, I kind of thought so, and that is fine by me. We really like the woodsy view. I wasn't sure if there were any other types of views.
Just to echo JT's comments, woods view is the common theme at VWL. As he suggests, asking for a pool view indicates you'd like to be on the side of VWL facing the lake with possible glimpses of water through the ubiquitous trees. We also request a courtyard view which, if honored, puts you quite near the pool and offers some of the best views. Further, we ask for floors 2-4 as those levels offer better sight lines. We don't ask for the fifth floor as the balconies there are of the dormer variety, meaning they're enclosed, and you have to stand to look over the balcony railing. On the plus side for that floor, the rooms have higher, cathedral-ish ceilings so might feel roomier. I will say that being on the lake side of VWL offers views, albeit through the trees, of EWP and the higher explosions from Wishes. Good luck! :thumbsup2

I'll post pictures! Just one more sleep to go. :yay: We leave tomorrow afternoon. I'm actually glad it's tomorrow & not today. More snow on the way for us this afternoon. 3-6" on top of the frozen wasteland we currently have. :crazy2: I'm sure it would have resulted in a flight delay. Every time I take an afternoon flight I always regret it. But by tomorrow we'll have sunny skies so hoping for no delays!

Looking forward to seeing Di & Dad. I don't think I overlap anyone else. Can't wait to get over to the Lodge for a visit. I think a Lapu Lapu + a Lodge visit will be in order very early into our trip. :thumbsup2

Safe travels to all that are doing any traveling over the holidays. Pictures to come! Merry Christmas to all! :santa:
Have a great trip! Safe travels, too. :thumbsup2

Just to echo JT's comments, woods view is the common theme at VWL. As he suggests, asking for a pool view indicates you'd like to be on the side of VWL facing the lake with possible glimpses of water through the ubiquitous trees. We also request a courtyard view which, if honored, puts you quite near the pool and offers some of the best views. Further, we ask for floors 2-4 as those levels offer better sight lines. We don't ask for the fifth floor as the balconies there are of the dormer variety, meaning they're enclosed, and you have to stand to look over the balcony railing. On the plus side for that floor, the rooms have higher, cathedral-ish ceilings so might feel roomier. I will say that being on the lake side of VWL offers views, albeit through the trees, of EWP and the higher explosions from Wishes. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Thank you, Thank you, for the insight :goodvibes. The view really doesn't bother me because I know that whatever we get will be gorgeous (unless there is a view of a dumpster or a service area). However, the courtyard view sounds really nice, but from the way you described it seems like that is a hard one to get. As for the balconies, I usually request highest floor possible but since the highest floor possible has the dormer balcony, I will definitely request a lower room. This is really great information....thank you again.

Thank you, Thank you, for the insight :goodvibes. The view really doesn't bother me because I know that whatever we get will be gorgeous (unless there is a view of a dumpster or a service area). However, the courtyard view sounds really nice, but from the way you described it seems like that is a hard one to get. As for the balconies, I usually request highest floor possible but since the highest floor possible has the dormer balcony, I will definitely request a lower room. This is really great information....thank you again.
You're most welcome! I've never had a bad view at VWL, and I've even been close to the DDV (dreaded dumpster view). I'm sure there are a small handful of rooms at the far end of the hallways that might not be ideal, but the odds are in your favor. You are correct about the limited number of courtyard view rooms--I've gotten such a room twice in the 9-10 years I've been going to VWL. However, I've had a lakeside room every time but once, and in each of those instances, I was able to see Wishes from my balcony, at least the higher explosions of which there are many. Better yet, I suggest taking a walk down to the beach in time to catch the EWP from there, then hang around and catch Wishes as well. No, you can't see all of Wishes from the beach, either, but you can see plenty, and you don't have to fight the crowds at MK. ;) Regardless, I'm certain you'll love the Lodge.

We had a photopass photographer who was a saint and took so many photos of my boys. My toddler is very difficult.
wdw201334728908008_zps25541673.jpeg

wdw201334728908005_zps91a4b96c.jpeg

IMG_0494_zps883d1f86.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OK Groupies, I have a little time this AM. Here's a few photos.

From our balcony. Not the lake view we had requested, but a nice view nonetheless.

Ahh the Villas lobby tree. It's been re-decorated this year with cute wool felt moose and bears.

Crazy carpet. It hasn't all been replaced - only sections.

Top of the World Lounge with twokats (Kathy) and princesskat (Katie)

tea pot's girls enjoyed the fireworks from TOWL too

We enjoyed coffee and conversation on Main Street USA with tea pot (Joy) and her husband. Wonderful to meet up with friends!

Holidays Around The World - at Epcot

It was snowing as we entered the mixer. We were surprised how few persons were in line. The venue quickly filled up however.

Osborne Lights - fabulous as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter