VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Congratulations, Sleepy! As a retired person, I was definitely leaning toward the part-time option. :)

I'm having trouble with the obscure event/attraction question. I think I have to say that the original Image Works is mine. We spent so much time there in the 90's. I loved hanging out in the music room, trying to compose interesting combinations of the different instruments and phrases. I would still be in there long after families did their thing and left. My daughter loved the large pin table and the conducting stations. I am so glad we have some video of our time there. The funniest moment was when my daughter and I got to act in front of the green screen, coached by Dreamfinder. My husband recorded it so on the video you can see us in the western themed movie, standing at the bar and running on the top of a moving train and catching the bad guy. Definitely a unique and memorable experience.

I think my favorite obscure Disney memory of what is no longer there is the Old Timey Photo Shop On Main Street...you’d go in and put on costumes and they would take your picture. We had one made on our honeymoon and then again 7 years later with our daughter...and Jerry and I both ended up wearing the same costumes as we did in our honeymoon.

Congrats Sleepy! I am playing catch up and as I was reading my exact thoughts were “that’s a no brainer...Disney of course!”. So very happy for you and your new adventure!

@sleepydog25 Congratulations. I am SOOO happy for you.

What is the most obscure event or ride that you remember that others may not?

For me it would have to be the House of the Future that used to be at DL. We lived within walking distance of DL for a few years in the mid 80's. Went often. It always cracked me up walking through that attraction. Wasn't long before they closed it though.

Is the jogging trail that connects to Fort Wilderness permanently closed?
Yes. Well, at least until further notice. They started building Reflections and shut it down. They have stopped work on Reflections and, in fact, it may be dead. However, to my knowledge they have not opened up the path yet.

Anyway, I agreed to the position yesterday, and they are happy to work with me and the timing of our move to HHI. No "get down here as soon as you can" but rather a "you get moved and once you're here, we'll begin your onboarding." Good first impression. Okay, folks, back to the normally scheduled programming. . .
P.S. I did a small update on Page 1.
Congratulations! Sounds like a perfect fit! I just booked March Break at DHHIR so perhaps will get a chance to say hello. :)

Congratulations! Sounds like a perfect fit! I just booked March Break at DHHIR so perhaps will get a chance to say hello. :)
Sounds wonderful! HHI is such a lovely place. Just look for a guy with New Orleans on his name tag. pirate:
We arrived at VWL today and I must say, y’all were right on the *feel* of this resort...the scent, music, and theming is just amazing. Sitting in the hot tub looking at the lit lodge was just magical. Really looking forward to our resort day :lovestruc
I'm envious! And I'm very happy you've found the Lodge vibe to your liking. For us, there is no more magical place to be while at WDW. Enjoy your stay!

We arrived at VWL today and I must say, y’all were right on the *feel* of this resort...the scent, music, and theming is just amazing. Sitting in the hot tub looking at the lit lodge was just magical. Really looking forward to our resort day :lovestruc
Andy, Glad you are finding we didn't exaggerate it. It really is a special place!

Glad you are enjoying so far. Keep all of us up to date. We are living it through you right now. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter