VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

We love MonkeyPod. And HH works out great for us East Coasters as its about usual time to eat dinner anyway:D
Keep on having fun Granny!!

Granny it looks like you have the perfect vantage point for the Starlite Hui. And you'll have a chair to sit in.
When we were there, you grabbed a mat on your way in and sat on the ground - not the most comfortable for us old folks :)
Have a spectacular day in paradise!

And for the rest of us Groupies - enjoy your week-end!

And finally, the elusive and delicious almond croissant!
I'm sure the almond croissants are great. But if you really want to experience true Hawaiian cuisine, you have to try a spam musubi! Its a taste treat sensation that you won't find at Walt Disney World.

When we were last at Aulani the resort had its own take on the spam musubi. The Ulu Cafe was offering Mickey Spam Musubis for breakfast and lunch.

IMG_0552_1024.jpg

Granny it looks like you have the perfect vantage point for the Starlite Hui. And you'll have a chair to sit in.
When we were there, you grabbed a mat on your way in and sat on the ground - not the most comfortable for us old folks :)
Have a spectacular day in paradise!

And for the rest of us Groupies - enjoy your week-end!

Just an FYI, they do not have the Starlit Hui anymore. Instead they have KA WA'A, a luau that you have to pay to go too. I think they have tables and chairs too. https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/luau/

• VIP Seating– $169 Adults/$109 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.*
  • General Admission – $129 Adults/$79 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.**
Prices include gratuities. Tax additional.

I'm sure the almond croissants are great. But if you really want to experience true Hawaiian cuisine, you have to try a spam musubi! Its a taste treat sensation that you won't find at Walt Disney World.

When we were last at Aulani the resort had its own take on the spam musubi. The Ulu Cafe was offering Mickey Spam Musubis for breakfast and lunch.

Wil...I’m sure the spam is tasty. I might have had too much of it earlier in my life but I may give this a whirl just for cultural exploration sake. I’m willing to try almost anything at least once. Thank you for the tip.

Just an FYI, they do not have the Starlit Hui anymore. Instead they have KA WA'A, a luau that you have to pay to go too. I think they have tables and chairs too.

Denise...you are correct on both accounts. No sign of Starlite Hui, and there are definitely long picnic style tables and seats for everyone to share. You can see them in my room view photo.

Happy Saturday Groupies! I’ve just completed 3 weeks at my new company, and so far it has been great. Very nice and welcoming group of people, and I’m learning. A lot of new systems. Not sure if I previously mentioned this, but I work at the same company as my sister, so that’s been really fun, (and a little) crazy ;) as well.

I am also eagerly looking forward to our F & G trip in 3 weeks!:daisy::flower1::butterfly:rose::sunny::flower:

Two more sleeps! Eeeekkkkk!!! So much to do before the fun! Will be doing the AKV Moonlight magic event on Tuesday, maybe a midnight MK closing on Wednesday then up around 3am both Fri and Sat for the Darkside races. Maybe 3am Sunday too if I cheer on my niece running the half marathon. My body is going to be very confused over when to sleep and when to wake up! :faint:

I added one day to the front end and will be at CCV for the first night then over to AKV so it's a lodgy sort of trip. Lodgy is a wordy, yes?! :rotfl2:

Worst April snowstorm I can recall. Worst snowstorm of this winter! Over 12” so far, and more coming down. Businesses shut down all over the city, churches even cancelling Sunday services. It is really bad. Wish I were in Hawaii (or back in Florida)
F46A3CF3-3D28-4C33-AAEA-213AC14F4F53.jpeg 07DB7110-3044-461E-AB04-4079C4998157.jpeg

Went to deliver pizzas, and they shut it down when I got there — 50 orders deep and only two of us with 4WD, a couple others got stuck so, game over at 5PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter