VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmytammy! So sorry we never bumped in to each other?? What were the odds having rooms across the hall from eachother?!!! We left Tues morning trying to get ahead of the storms----our pups and cat were home (my daughter and sil were checking in on them!)...we knew they would be stressed with the severe weather. We were supposed to stay through Tues evening, then drive home. We had to cancel our FOP FP for 7 pm which was painful to us but hopefully someone was able to get them. Loved all your photos! We went to Studios on Sat March 17 and had dinner at 50's Prime Time. That park was the least crowded......it was actually terrific crowd-wise on that day! We did Typhoon Lagoon on Monday which was WALK-ON everything! Best experience ever in one of Disney's water parks!

Sleepy....good for you sending those emails. The parking fees put a different feel on Disney for me. Doesn't make them stand-out from Universal/Sea World now? All the preferred parking at the parks is annoying. The tram now takes forever----noticeable at the Studios as it needs to detour around the preferred areas and takes you a back way. Felt like it added 5 min on to the tram ride. It was odd. Due to the parking fees etc at Disney, it's actually persuading us to maybe give Universal resorts a try and spend some time over there-----some of the incentive/magic is waning a bit with me where Disney is concerned. Don't get me wrong.....still :love: Disney.....but it's different now. And, like you and others, not so sure I can wholeheartedly tout their praises

Corinne, all the best to you in your new venture! It was VERY hard for me leaving my employer of 25 years in PA to relocate here to FL in 2016. Took a toll on me but it really shows a strength and an adventurous spirit to those who can do it. I wish you all the best!

Sleepy
I understand we may be driving back in the snow tomorrow night. If you don’t mind and I’m sure others don’t either, please feel free to run ol man winter over anytime now. I will come to your defense if anyone feels the urge to throw you in jail. But got a feeling at this point any having to deal with said fellow will feel nonethe worse at his loss

Got a feeling it’s going to be a REO Speedwagon kind of day tomorrow...Back on the Road Again while I’m Ridin The Storm Out

Last edited:
Maria
I understand. I don’t blame you knowing you were so close to home and get to your little ones safely before the worst hit
Those were some nasty storms! We watched it all unfold from our 14th floor window with a Birdseye view. We saw minor funnel clouds form then dissipate back into the clouds several times. Luckily nothing formed into a tornado but was still a bit unnerving to watch it all

Sleepy
I understand we may be driving back in the snow tomorrow night. If you don’t mind and I’m sure others don’t either, please feel free to run ol man winter over anytime now. I will come to your defense if anyone feels the urge to throw you in jail. But got a feeling at this point any having to deal with said fellow will feel nonethe worse at his loss

Got a feeling it’s going to be a REO Speedwagon kind of day tomorrow...Back on the Road Again while I’m Ridin The Storm Out
Don't know if you'll see this, JT, but it's 9:15 a.m. here and the snow has begun. You're farther south and east so won't get as much, but I think you'll still get snow and sleet. This is my 16th year in this particular area, and we've never had so many storms and missed school days in a given year. Usually, we're in the 50s-60s most days with occasionally drops into the 30s and 40s and the spot snow showers. We may, MAY hit the 50s by the end of next week. . .with rain, of course. Drive carefully and be safe!

Alright fellow groupies - I am getting in the car this afternoon to be finally, FINALLY returning to our beloved lodge this weekend (Sunday evening to be exact after a 1 night stay at BCV). I bought CCV when it went on sale to new members last April (banked the points) and am really looking forward to checking out our home again. Don't be surprised if you see me over at VWL in a chair by the fireplace either - I love how it can be peaceful over there. And I'll see if I can find out just what the hell they were thinking when they re-imagined the pool.

I hope your stay is an awesome one! Enjoy our favorite place, and get in a little relaxation between park visits. :)

Hi groupie friends! :wave2: Not sure where the time has gone since I got back earlier this month. I had the best intentions to post some pictures, but then it kept snowing & we kept losing power. :headache: DS19 was home for spring break. This is my busy season, etc, etc. And now I'm about to head to DL! :woohoo: I feel like a total noob too. No clue what I'm doing once I get there. No touring plan. I guess I'll wing it. The only things I know I'll be doing for sure are early entry on Tue. morning (my one full day) & I have 2 dining reservations. Napa Rose for my birthday & Cafe Orleans because I must have the monte cristo sandwich. Must. Did I mention must? :laughing: I do plan to purchase Max Pass & from what I know of DL there are lots of single rider lines so I should be fine. Then I'm off to my other happy place on Wed. :jumping1: Jam packed schedule for NZ except for a day or two here & there. It's all good though.

Oh DS17 heard from his other 3 colleges. Yes from all. :thumbsup2 I do wish now we had given more thought to the state schools he was applying to. He should have applied to more private schools. The state schools are offering nothing except for UMass which he should qualify for the free tuition. We won't know until July but he meets all the criteria so no reason to think he won't get it. CU Boulder we're still waiting on the separate scholarships for out of state students, but I'm not hopeful. Stevens he received a half scholarship award which is great. That's the one school he didn't look at but applied anyway. So off he goes to accepted student day on 4/14 with DH. I have to bow out because I won't be home until probaly 1:00 a.m on the 14th. There is no way I'll have the energy to drive to NJ after traveling for close to 24 hours. Bummed about that, but nothing I can do about it.

That's about it for my news. Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post some DL pics but no guarantees! :laughing:

Wow that took me nearly an hour to catch up on all the posts. That will teach me to get sick and not log in for a while. It has been busy here for us as well. Our youngest was home all this past week. She was hired by her former community college dance director to choreograph a routine for the student dance company. She was home for almost an entire week. First time we have seen her since Christmas. She left today. I cried. It will probably be June before we see her again. At least we get 2 weeks with her then as she is going on the cruise and then to Vero with us. She is going on tour with a band she dances with/for next month. Very excited about that. So if anyone lives in the Brooklyn or Chicago area and hears about a small start up band from Austin called TC Superstar go check them out. ;)

JimmyTammy - great pics. Makes me miss WDW so much. Not sure when we will be going back. It might not be until summer of 2019.

SleepyDog - I agree you are now TopDog with that letter you sent. I have thought about doing that as well. I feel the same way. I've just been so busy it has slipped my mind.

I’m off this week before starting my new job on Monday. Leaving my company last Friday was harder than I had anticipated...scratch that..leaving some very dear friends and many great coworkers was the difficult part.....I am quite ready for a new adventure.

Good luck, best wishes all positive vibes for you.

Last edited:
Wow, I think I had 14 pages to catch up on. This taking care of the son and having a very good tax season did not give me time to log in and check up on the groupies.
A belated happy birthday to - APiratesLifeForMe2, DisneyFreaks, Muushka, IceColdPenguin and Inkmahm! Hope each of your days was totally fantastic.
Also belated happy anniversary to Stopher1.

Sleepy - Top Dog does suit you!!!

DVC Jen - The new vehicle looked good, hope you are enjoying it very much and carrying all the dogs with no issues.

Corrine - Congrats and I understand about leaving a job that you have been at for a while. I hope the new one meets your expectations.

Clay probably has about one more month a the rehab center he is at. He has already been there a little over 2 months. Thank God it is in Greenville, which is 10 miles away from the house, so I have not had to spend as much time on the road like I did when he was in Dallas. He is progressing and improving daily. He will probably still be in a wheelchair and need a walker for a while, but for where he was, we can handle that. Again thanks for all the prayers and pixie dust in the past.

The latest on me!!! I had another fracture - this time in the left arm, very close to the wrist. My ankle turned and I guess I caught myself just right with it to cause the fracture. My bone density doctor said my bone density test showed a decrease in density, so he was not at all surprised that it happened. The problem was it happened on night 2 of my 12 night Back to Back cruise on the Wonder. Needless to say, I still had a great time and with all the broken bones I have had, I had my first plaster cast. That is all they had on board. I didn't think I had hurt it bad so it was the next day before I even went to the ship's doctor.

Like some of you, we don't have a trip until sometime in 2019. Don't even have a cruise planned after October of this year. That is unusual for us since we have been taking at least 2 a year for the last few years. Everyone that is there now or will be going, please have a great time and as said before by others, please post lots of pictures.

Thanks for the well wishes DVCJen! Exciting news for your daughter, but I sure do understand how hard it is for mom! Sounds like she is doing what she loves, and as parents that’s all we want is for our children to be happy. You will cherish your two weeks with her for sure!

Thank you Twokats! Continued prayers for Clay, glad he is closer to you as well. Sorry about your fracture, hope it’s healing well.

CAD0687B-E861-4814-8D7D-3952410661E9.jpeg 245BC76F-9359-4F0B-A557-9672FE4D9ADB.jpeg F881CD51-84B8-48A7-A94A-5CAC0D1AE7D2.jpeg 4713A50C-8DB4-4614-A239-731F8474187B.jpeg Taking a little walk down memory lane this morning. The very first trip for my kids we stayed at the lodge. That was 10 years ago. Although we have been back many times since, this is our first trip returning to WLV. Our first trip we were sprinkled with some serious pixie dust and were honored to be a flag family. We got to meet and talk to Stan ❤️ Some pictures from that first trip ...

Attachments

• 7F6A942D-BD49-4012-8739-1B97E1A2422E.jpeg
    7F6A942D-BD49-4012-8739-1B97E1A2422E.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 90F44C8A-F6BE-4CC1-AFCB-E734BD7849FB.jpeg
    90F44C8A-F6BE-4CC1-AFCB-E734BD7849FB.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AE458FA8-B9B5-415B-A822-C340494B563B.jpeg
    AE458FA8-B9B5-415B-A822-C340494B563B.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6DD2F015-8C5D-457F-9CC0-17E4817CF0C3.jpeg
    6DD2F015-8C5D-457F-9CC0-17E4817CF0C3.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for sharing those shots of your family with Stan. Stan was a great guy and friend too many

Wow, it's great that so many Groupies have checked in and updated us with what is going on.

Julie...sounds like you are on the go for a while, and many great plans including another visit to New Zealand! And I can empathize with this comment....

And now I'm about to head to DL! :woohoo: I feel like a total noob too. No clue what I'm doing once I get there. No touring plan. I guess I'll wing it.

...as DW and I will be at Disneyland later in April for a couple of days and we don't have anything planned at all except for a dessert party for the new parade. I'm sure we will be complete doofs and miss out on a lot due to inexperience. I keep reading up on DL and the MaxPass (which we'll get), and I guess I have to set my brain back to the old WDW before FP+. Have a great trip, and yes we will be looking for more of your wonderful pictures! :)

@DVC Jen ... thanks for the update, and I'm sure you will cherish your trip and cruise with your daughter before she heads to tour with the band. It sounds like she is chasing her dream in a big way, which is hard on you but exciting to see for our children. Enjoy your family time on your trip! :grouphug:

@twokats ... Thank you for the update on Clay, and glad to hear some progression for him. But I'm sorry to hear about your wrist! :( Prayers and moose dust for you and your family. And I have a hard time believing that you'll go 14 months or more without a WDW trip or a cruise! :) I hope your recovery is as fast as possible and that you avoid further injuries!

@NHDisneyMom ... Thank you for the trip down memory lane! What a wonderful first trip to the Lodge, and you have tugged at many of our memories of that kind and gentle man, Ranger Stan. I don't think your trip is listed on the first page of this thread. If you do want to be added to the trip list, you can just send a private conversation to @sleepydog25 and he'll add you to the list! Have a wonderful trip with the family. :)

View attachment 311142 View attachment 311139 View attachment 311140 View attachment 311141 Taking a little walk down memory lane this morning. The very first trip for my kids we stayed at the lodge. That was 10 years ago. Although we have been back many times since, this is our first trip returning to WLV. Our first trip we were sprinkled with some serious pixie dust and were honored to be a flag family. We got to meet and talk to Stan ❤️ Some pictures from that first trip ...

Oh this made my day. We loved Stan so much

Hi groupie friends! :wave2: Not sure where the time has gone since I got back earlier this month. I had the best intentions to post some pictures, but then it kept snowing & we kept losing power. :headache: DS19 was home for spring break. This is my busy season, etc, etc. And now I'm about to head to DL! :woohoo: I feel like a total noob too. No clue what I'm doing once I get there. No touring plan. I guess I'll wing it. The only things I know I'll be doing for sure are early entry on Tue. morning (my one full day) & I have 2 dining reservations. Napa Rose for my birthday & Cafe Orleans because I must have the monte cristo sandwich. Must. Did I mention must? :laughing: I do plan to purchase Max Pass & from what I know of DL there are lots of single rider lines so I should be fine. Then I'm off to my other happy place on Wed. :jumping1: Jam packed schedule for NZ except for a day or two here & there. It's all good though.

Oh DS17 heard from his other 3 colleges. Yes from all. :thumbsup2 I do wish now we had given more thought to the state schools he was applying to. He should have applied to more private schools. The state schools are offering nothing except for UMass which he should qualify for the free tuition. We won't know until July but he meets all the criteria so no reason to think he won't get it. CU Boulder we're still waiting on the separate scholarships for out of state students, but I'm not hopeful. Stevens he received a half scholarship award which is great. That's the one school he didn't look at but applied anyway. So off he goes to accepted student day on 4/14 with DH. I have to bow out because I won't be home until probaly 1:00 a.m on the 14th. There is no way I'll have the energy to drive to NJ after traveling for close to 24 hours. Bummed about that, but nothing I can do about it.

That's about it for my news. Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post some DL pics but no guarantees! :laughing:

Have a wonderful trip Julie! It sounds awesome!!! Still have New Zealand on my list of places to visit.....not quite there yet but soon. :)

And now.........

Received my new Dooley &Burke DVC pocketbook yesterday and I absolutely love it. Much bigger than the brown leather one. I have a mug with all the DVC logos on them and have found almost all on the pocketbook except the Lodge. The only thing that I can find is a pine tree so I'm guessing that's it. Anybody else get one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter