VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

According to the DVC website, some CCV studios will have a tub/shower combo, while others will have a walk-in rain shower,

I agree with Julie and Kathy that this seems very strange for a family oriented destination like WDW. I wonder if the tub/shower combo will become a request for this resort or if they have a separate booking category?

I agree with Julie and Kathy that this seems very strange for a family oriented destination like WDW. I wonder if the tub/shower combo will become a request for this resort or if they have a separate booking category?
They bought in bulk and ran out of tubs; however, they had a handful of leftover rain shower heads and just tossed them in rather than order more tubs. :rolleyes1

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes last month. I haven't logged in for a while. So sweet of you all :)

Today is online check-in for my May trip to SSR with my extended family. Getting excited!

Hi Nicole :wave:. Good to see you. Happy Birthday!

Granny. I'm torn. Not sure which is uglier. Sofa at VWL or this chest of drawers.
Do they still have that (ugly) sofa at VWL or was it replaced?

ccv-bureau-jpg.223744

Granny. I'm torn. Not sure which is uglier. Sofa at VWL or this chest of drawers.

That sofa's been gone since the 2014 refurb.
Here's the sofa in the 1BR
p232348695-4.jpg

The the studios:

p1768399369-4.jpg

ccv-bureau-jpg.223744

Hi Barb! Hope you are doing well :)
I actually don't hate that chest of drawers, except the top of it. The couches were much uglier.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I saw a map that shows the new Sports Court and BBQ pavilion will be located to the South of VWL, next to the new parking lot that appears to be for the cabins at that end.

As we slam the atmosphere created by the decorating of Copper Creek.....

It's worth noting that the poor thing did NOT need to look like that. See What Disney is doing at the Grand Californian....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lifornian-hotel-spa-at-the-disneyland-resort/

This COULD have been done at Copper Creek. Instead? CCV gets IKEA.

Hate to say it, but these hotel rooms at GC don't do much for me either. Beige-ish granite everywhere and those smooth white bedspreads bore me to tears. It's just more of a new construction simulation. I actually like CCVC more than this. Thanks for posting!

I'm really not trying to pile on (I think I'm not totally over the shock that all the trees were razed and the trail disappeared), but the dresser would have been much nicer with a different top and sides. Make it a cohesive piece with the weird drawers and it might actually look planned--it looks like forced chic as it is. And what's with the cords hanging down under the TV in a model? Good golly, they had a couple of years to plan and build these rooms, taking them down to the studs. Why not cover the cords, DVC? That simply looks tacky, cluttered, and frankly, unplanned.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but these hotel rooms at GC don't do much for me either. Beige-ish granite everywhere and those smooth white bedspreads bore me to tears. It's just more of a new construction simulation. I actually like CCVC more than this. Thanks for posting!
I really like that hotels have moved away from comforters. They gross me out. I want the covers on my bed freshly clean. I want to be able to sit on my bed and not wonder what was last on it. So I love the clean white sheets. I do not like the trend to remove color from elsewhere in rooms though. If the bed is white that increases the need for more color not decrease like they tend to do.

Kathy's sofa images made me recall a certain set of Bambi pillows that were distributed to the rooms right after the last set of updates. Those didn't last long before they grew legs and walked out the door did they? I can't recall ever getting a peek at one first hand.

Can't wait for a picture of the new studio bathroom shower. Hope this one is as nice or nicer than the showers at the Royal Pacific.

I like that the CC studios brought back the idea of a stand alone table that they stole away from VWL. It's good to have a table to sit at that is not situated in front of a TV screen that others are trying to watch. Will be nice to have the choice of the murphy bed over at VWL, or the table at CC.

(* I know I'm using VWL to refer to the traditional villas here verses the BR name. I always will too.)

Kathy's sofa images made me recall a certain set of Bambi pillows that were distributed to the rooms right after the last set of updates. Those didn't last long before they grew legs and walked out the door did they? I can't recall ever getting a peek at one first hand.

Can't wait for a picture of the new studio bathroom shower. Hope this one is as nice or nicer than the showers at the Royal Pacific.

I like that the CC studios brought back the idea of a stand alone table that they stole away from VWL. It's good to have a table to sit at that is not situated in front of a TV screen that others are trying to watch. Will be nice to have the choice of the murphy bed over at VWL, or the table at CC.

(* I know I'm using VWL to refer to the traditional villas here verses the BR name. I always will too.)

Ah - Bambi! They might still be there in the 1BR - looks like I had taken the pillows off before taking the picture.

I too like that they have the stand alone table back in the CCV studios. But then it makes me a bit mad that we had them at VWL and DVC decided to add those awful camp tables onto the murphy beds they forced in. In all the new resorts where they started with the murphy bed they also have the tables and poor VWL and BWV (probably BCV too) got the shaft in that deal. :(

Does anyone know if there is a similar thread like the Groupies for BWV? I could not find one. So at least they seem to be less active if they exist. BWV is my other home resort and we will be staying there in October (my significant other shares the view most of you have that CCV studios are ugly, so we will keep the coveted BWV F&W Festival time reservation) and I have some questions since it has been 6 years since my last stay there...

Like the great graphic, Granny! (Alliteration is my friend. . .) I'm struck by two things. First, nice touch including the hovering clouds much like you get on any given day in Florida. Second, I find it odd that nowhere to be found is the identifier for the community center. One would think that location would be known already.

Finally, I've decided perhaps I need to start a support group for disgrun. . .disappoi. . .enthusiasm-challenged VWL owners. "Hi, my name is Patrick. I'm not in love with Copper Creek. However, I do have one positive thing to say about them--I like their new logo a lot." :flower3:

Does anyone know if there is a similar thread like the Groupies for BWV? I could not find one. So at least they seem to be less active if they exist. BWV is my other home resort and we will be staying there in October (my significant other shares the view most of you have that CCV studios are ugly, so we will keep the coveted BWV F&W Festival time reservation) and I have some questions since it has been 6 years since my last stay there...

This thread on the resorts board is the only really active one that includes BWV:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...las-information-and-questions-thread.3344344/

A few of us here also own BWV including me and that's been the location of the majority of my recent stays. I'd be happy to try and answer any questions. I think the Groupies would be fine with a few here or if you wanted to PM me please feel free to do that.

Like the great graphic, Granny! (Alliteration is my friend. . .) I'm struck by two things. First, nice touch including the hovering clouds much like you get on any given day in Florida. Second, I find it odd that nowhere to be found is the identifier for the community center. One would think that location would be known already.

Finally, I've decided perhaps I need to start a support group for disgrun. . .disappoi. . .enthusiasm-challenged VWL owners. "Hi, my name is Patrick. I'm not in love with Copper Creek. However, I do have one positive thing to say about them--I like their new logo a lot." :flower3:

I believe that's the map being given out at check in now Sleepy. They probably don't want it marked yet since it isn't open. But cabins......well, who wouldn't want to generate some sales interest!

The logo - funny but I was having slightly different thoughts about it last night. The font bugs me - needs to be more "sturdy". :duck: But that makes me think - I don't know what we get now for that BRV place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter