VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I really like that bureau! :duck:

Really. I can't see why you all think it is hideous. Makes me wonder if DVC wants to market more to people like me. Which is odd. I live in Germany. DVC does not sell here (only European country they sell in is the UK as far as I know). :confused3

I'm unsure if that dresser gives me a headache or makes me laugh. :D I'd say the designer was instructed to try for a craftsman look for the rooms and not knowing what that was they cobbled together a child's playset. "Ta Da! Craftsman!"

Last edited:
DiznyDi & I once stayed in a Marriot Time share in Hawaii that had two drawers in the room and no closet. Two drawers; and they were nightstand drawers. At least I see multiple drawers in the new rooms.

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes last month. I haven't logged in for a while. So sweet of you all :)

Today is online check-in for my May trip to SSR with my extended family. Getting excited!

This hideous thing? :crazy2:
That's the one. Flossie, you may be correct in that perhaps they're marketing to a different audience than before. Still, I must admit for my tastes, it just doesn't work with a rustic theme. Modern? Okay, I'll admit my tastes don't run that direction so I'll concede the point. However, the multi-colored, multi-handled drawers--which do have a certain rusticity to them--don't match the sleek, smooth lines. The brown cutting board-ish top is also too much of a contrast with the cream-white body of the bureau. I count five, maybe six different colors on one piece of furniture which is just too busy for me.

That's the one. Flossie, you may be correct in that perhaps they're marketing to a different audience than before. Still, I must admit for my tastes, it just doesn't work with a rustic theme. Modern? Okay, I'll admit my tastes don't run that direction so I'll concede the point. However, the multi-colored, multi-handled drawers--which do have a certain rusticity to them--don't match the sleek, smooth lines. The brown cutting board-ish top is also too much of a contrast with the cream-white body of the bureau. I count five, maybe six different colors on one piece of furniture which is just too busy for me.

It just screams "I was in the IKEA warehouse and couldn't decide which color drawer faces I wanted, so I picked some of each!". Anyone that has shopped at IKEA knows that most of their pieces are usable in many ways so you can customize. I can't wait to look inside to see if it is IKEA, their stuff is easily identified to folks like me that have some of their stuff...

It just screams "I was in the IKEA warehouse and couldn't decide which color drawer faces I wanted, so I picked some of each!". Anyone that has shopped at IKEA knows that most of their pieces are usable in many ways so you can customize. I can't wait to look inside to see if it is IKEA, their stuff is easily identified to folks like me that have some of their stuff...

:rotfl2: I've never actually been in an IKEA but this made me laugh. Now you're going to have me opening drawers! Is there a symbol or something?

:rotfl2: I've never actually been in an IKEA but this made me laugh. Now you're going to have me opening drawers! Is there a symbol or something?

No, it's in the hardware and how it goes together. I will look for a link later. Now don't get me wrong, IKEA has its place, and I have like 10 pieces in my house (Yes, I have nice solid maple stuff too). But, I don't think it's durable enough for timeshares. Believe it or not, some of it does look OK. It is highly engineered , and goes together neat but that first time was a challenge until you come around to IKEA thinking. They had a challenge on "the Amazing Race" once when in Sweden of putting a piece together. Rather humorous...

View attachment 223744

The shower looks nice I'll give them that.

I honestly don't know where she saw the model. I asked but she didn't respond. I would imagine the preview center but my guide said tours opened 3/8. She obviously got that wrong.

2 more sleeps for me! :yay: :yay: I still plan to go to the member preview on Wed. & stop by GP on Thu. afternoon for that delicious looking brisket dip & a drink or two. I will report back on what I find. Inspector Moose is on the case! :laughing:

Looks like an IKEA/Lego crossover...."

Nope, sorry WDW - no money for you! :).

Here you can glance & see how colors are interchangeable...

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/?cid=us>irw>bedroom#/us/en/catalog/functional/10364/10451/

There are even assembly videos on the IKEA website...(who knew?)

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/custom...pax_wardrobe_hinged_doors_assembly_video.html

This one has a picture of the IKEA assembly guy pictured -- could it be this guy was the interior designer at CCVC??

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/customer_service/assembly_instructions/assembly_instructions1.html

Last edited:
I think the drawers almost had a chance, but the top ruins it.

All I can say is "Oh my". That bureau is just awful. Thanks for posting the picture of 'that hideous thing'.

Yay for 2 more sleeps! Looking forward to your report after the preview. But more importantly for me anyway - I want to know about the brisket!

To echo Di on the dresser - "Oh my" :eek:

Of course it does have an arrow hand pull. And some strips of leather. Both are very rustic things.....

I really like that bureau! :duck:

Really. I can't see why you all think it is hideous. Makes me wonder if DVC wants to market more to people like me. Which is odd. I live in Germany. DVC does not sell here (only European country they sell in is the UK as far as I know). :confused3

It isn't necessarily that it's hideous on it's own. It could be cute someplace else but I think it would be dated fairly quickly. Maybe they were initially meant for the beach resort re-do's - kind of seem like recovered pieces from a shipwreck. :duck:But for a Pacific Northwest lodge? No, it's not good. And here's the description of the building where you enter these rooms from: "Escape to the rustic majesty of America’s Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. "

Here is the bureau in those rooms. They should have saved a bunch of money and kept them for CCV:

room-ja-g07.jpg

View attachment 223744

The shower looks nice I'll give them that.

I honestly don't know where she saw the model. I asked but she didn't respond. I would imagine the preview center but my guide said tours opened 3/8. She obviously got that wrong.

2 more sleeps for me! :yay: :yay: I still plan to go to the member preview on Wed. & stop by GP on Thu. afternoon for that delicious looking brisket dip & a drink or two. I will report back on what I find. Inspector Moose is on the case! :laughing:

Is it true that the studios only have a walk in shower Julie? Is that the picture you saw?

Still looking forward to your pictures and thoughts of the models. I'm sure in person they look fine but it's the question of theme.

Is it true that the studios only have a walk in shower Julie? Is that the picture you saw?

Still looking forward to your pictures and thoughts of the models. I'm sure in person they look fine but it's the question of theme.

She didn't label the photos but that's how it looked to me. Will find out for sure Wed.

According to the DVC website, some CCV studios will have a tub/shower combo, while others will have a walk-in rain shower, see last sentence below:

"Enjoy the rustic elegance of frontier life in a Deluxe Studio, where cozy touches mix with modern design to create a uniquely tranquil retreat. Each one sleeps up to 4 Guests, with a queen-size bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa. This bright and welcoming room includes a convenient kitchenette, bathroom with either a full-size tub/shower combo, or a walk-in rain shower."

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/

According to the DVC website, some CCV studios will have a tub/shower combo, while others will have a walk-in rain shower, see last sentence below:

"Enjoy the rustic elegance of frontier life in a Deluxe Studio, where cozy touches mix with modern design to create a uniquely tranquil retreat. Each one sleeps up to 4 Guests, with a queen-size bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa. This bright and welcoming room includes a convenient kitchenette, bathroom with either a full-size tub/shower combo, or a walk-in rain shower."

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/

Huh. Interesting.
Thanks Starwind!

And I see it will have a queen size sleeper vs the double at VWL.

I wonder if this is a new trend because it's what I've been hearing about the YC refurb too. Shower is fine by me but I could see how that would be a problem if you have small children.

I wonder if this is a new trend because it's what I've been hearing about the YC refurb too. Shower is fine by me but I could see how that would be a problem if you have small children.

And didn't the BCV 2 BR end up without a normal tub? The only one is the deeper soaker tub in the master? Or maybe that is also a some with tub and others with shower in the 2nd bathroom.

It works for DH and I too but it seems strange decision for a location that is so based on family vacations.

She didn't label the photos but that's how it looked to me. Will find out for sure Wed.

When you see, do you mind noting if the shower option has a *handheld* shower in addition to the (what I presume is an) overhead rain shower ? I am thinking like the Poly studio shower...

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter