• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hello Groupies! I just remembered something which I am not sure if it was discussed here. When we were at the Lodge in December, the outside seating at Roaring Forks was closed off and there was some construction going on. I asked Thea (WL GM) at the DVC meeting about it and she said it was going to be a roof over the outside seating. Primarily to prevent the birds from attacking people who eat there, not so much for shade. However, I am sure the shade will be a welcome addition as well. Has anyone been there recently and can report if there is any progress on that roof?

There has not been any roof progress when we were there a couple of weeks ago. It was walled off, as you indicate, and there was definitely some work going on behind the wall. We wondered what they might be doing...putting a roof over the area would be a nice addition to the seating area. It doesn't sound like much of a project, so I'm thinking it will be completed by next December. :)

Hello Groupies! I just remembered something which I am not sure if it was discussed here. When we were at the Lodge in December, the outside seating at Roaring Forks was closed off and there was some construction going on. I asked Thea (WL GM) at the DVC meeting about it and she said it was going to be a roof over the outside seating. Primarily to prevent the birds from attacking people who eat there, not so much for shade. However, I am sure the shade will be a welcome addition as well. Has anyone been there recently and can report if there is any progress on that roof?

Sometime in the last ~2 weeks (though IIRC sooner) someone on the Dis posted a picture of the construction wall in front of Roaring Forks. Just above/behind it you could see what looked like a white slatted "roof" of some type of overhang/pergola-type-thing over the space they were constructing. I did a little happy dance when I saw it because *finally* there might be something of shade on that patio space !

Of course, I can't find the photo now... but it is in one of the WL / VWL/ Boulder Rigde / Copper Creek threads, I just don't know which one, sorry :( Hopefully someone else knows exactly what I am talking about and can post the link.

SW

We are looking at Dec. 14-19, 2017 give or take a day. Can you bank transferred points?

Yes, as long as they are still in their banking window. They keep their UY and thus their banking window and don't morph into your UY. Transferred points cannot be borrowed though.

party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBI! party:

So good to sit and share our lives together at TOTWL in December . . . . seems like so long ago with so many things that have happened since, holidays and all.

Speaking of so long ago, I am finally back to work after a good vacation, starting out with a great Disney trip, great Groupie meet, and a relaxing time at home after with the family. So good to see you all at TOTWL! After being off since December 9, I found that the routine was still in place here in the office. Lots of opportunities in 2017! Better get started!

Are any Groupies planning on being at the lodge next December? I'm not so patiently waiting to book our trip for Dec 9-16 in a few days :bored:

Lots of Groupies going back the first half of December. Nobody has officially notified Sleepy to update the front page, but the last couple of pages on this thread indicate that there are a number of us going to be there when you are. I'm sure there will be some Groupie meets at that time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter