VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So to add to the celeb sightings, Chris Matthews ( I think I called him Tim the other day), and Meredith Veira were both staying at the BC, and having breakfast in the lounge on two different days this week.
We saw Ms. Viera last night too, refer to post above. Her head was about the size of a pea from our vantage point:D

That is very cool that you saw them both!

So excited to meet everyone! Truly the highlight of our trip - this really is the friendliest bunch around - looking forward to seeing everyone again in May!
It was great meeting you folks as well!! BTW, I told Tammy the joke about NC State and she found it very amusing:-) If you folks are traveling back and forth to the games, feel free to call(PM me of you would like, I can share my cell #), we are immediately off I-85/40 at exit 140(Elon University)for dinner meet up or we could plan a mini meet with a few locals in Greensboro.

Happy Birthday Mickeymorse!!!!
BTW, it is our DDs Bday today as well:-)She is with us celebrating in The Happiest Place in the World

Thanks for the Welcome Home everyone! It's good to "see" everybody again! It's been way too long!

Welcome back, stranger!! You know the saying, "Once a Groupie, always a Groupie!" Glad you could drop by and hope you will make it more of a habit going forward. If you've scanned the last, ohhhh, 5 dozen pages, then you're likely caught up on the construction aspects at our home. If not, here's a short refresher:
1) We will never call our "home" Boulder Ridge Villas except with sarcasm.
2) "Hey, bring back the topiaries!" (DVC Mickey made it at least. . .)
3) "They're not bungalows; they're 'cabins.' "
4) Zero entry. Not zero entry. Zero entry. Not zero entry. Zero entry. Not zero entry. . . . .Zero entry.
5) "What do a quarry, boulders, and a jarring, geometric patterned pool have to do with the Northwest, woodsy theme?"
6) Table service. Quick service. Signature. Quick service. Quick service. Quick serv--wait, Table service?
7) Spicy BBQ pavilions. pirate:
8) Chimneys!?
9) Studios, 1BRs, 2BRs, and reportedly, GVs. . .
10) Yellow? Let's hope not.

That about does it. Again, welcome back. . .home.

Sooooo, it seems like I am not quite as behind on the construction news as everyone else!:laughing: I can't seem to keep up with what they were planning to do, so I just kind of quit and decided to see it when it's done! I just know that I didn't care for the room renovations a few years back, and haven't been thrilled with any decisions since so I am not holding high hopes. Maybe they'll "wow" me when it's done, and I really hope that's the case!

I do agree, Boulder Ridge will never be my "home" ....And you guys will definitely need to fill me in on the SPICY BBQ Pavilions. I'm intrigued :eek: :laughing:

Last night we winged it, and we were able to snag a spot about 15 mins before showtime just left of a taped off area that is just left of a small building that is in from t=of American Adventure building. Great spot for seeing and hearing. But I have to say, after being on our feet since 10:30 am, it was tough. The line for Package folks was crazy long. They almost completely filled the place. There may have been 3-4 rows left at back that standby folks filled. If you don't want to stand, Package is my advice. It will be my go too from this point forward because my feet the whole time were screaming at my brain like this:furious: :D

Kati and I have always done the Package and usually do a lunch for the 5:00 seating. We have always gotten a good seat and yes the feet do need that after a full day at the parks. This year we went on one of Anthony Mackey's nights. He was very good.

Sorry I haven't been on much since I got home from the world. I developed a little sinus infection, plus had doctor appointments scheduled plus other things that decided I needed to give attention to. It was very good to see Jimmy and family, Granny and his wife and DDad and DDi!!! Hope to see many more in May.

Hello everyone, I am nearing the end of my day and jumped onto the board. I see the conversation about the candle light processional. We have done have gone the last two years, and really enjoyed it. Both times we did the meal package. I thought that it was a good way to go. ONe year was garden grille and the other san angel inn. The late were late afternoon table seating, 4:00 p.m. or so and then the six o'clock show. The line both times for the ticketed folks was very long. So long I wondered if we would get very good seats. But they were middle of the pack, five to eight rows behind the aisle way and fairly centered facing the stage. Last year it was Christmas eve, so I especially enjoyed the experience.

We arrive 12/27 this year and being after Christmas seems a little anticlimactic. We have 12 days to go! Hope everyone there is having a good time. Is the weather warm in the evening?

We arrive 12/27 this year and being after Christmas seems a little anticlimactic. We have 12 days to go! Hope everyone there is having a good time. Is the weather warm in the evening?
So far, our evenings have been comfortable, give or take 2 nights when sweatshirts and jeans were the norm. All other nights, I have had shorts and t-shirt, including now

Were you in club level at BC Corinne? First time? What did you think? I've tried all 3 Epcot club levels now. I think BC has the nicest lounge. It's certainly the largest. Food is the same across all of them. I liked my room the best at BWI. YC is my favorite non DVC Epcot resort though. Just a calmer more serene atmosphere there & a closer walk to Crews Cup Lounge. :laughing: Funny I've seen some celebrities at Disney but never while staying on the club level.

Hi Julie,

Yes, we were staying club at BC. We have also stayed club level at the WL and at the AK. BC is my fav thus far. I'm with you Julie, YC is my favorite resort too! It was our first on property resort stay, so it's always held a special place in our hearts. We always have a meal or at least a drink at the Crews Cup too!!
We booked the bounce back offer for BC CL for the same week next year! :yay:

Happy Birthday Mickeymorse!!!!
BTW, it is our DDs Bday today as well:-)She is with us celebrating in The Happiest Place in the World

Happy Birthday Kristian!!! Hope you're having a wonderful Disney Birthday! :bday:

Thanks for the CP feedback Jimmy. I've almost always done the package but was curious how it was going this year and if it was needed. Sounds like it's needed more than ever!

Plane takes off in 7 hours. I am packed and ready to go and have nothing to do but wait! WLV, here we come!

I'm sitting in my room at the Poly listening the the Electrical Water Pageant. Can't see it because of the bungalows but it's loud and clear. Just waiting for the rest of the family to arrive. One is on ME and the other should have just landed.

KAT4DISNEY
Any chance y'all will be at MK tomorrow? We will be there after breakfast at The Wave at 11:15 until around 4. If so, maybe we can catch up!

KAT4DISNEY
Any chance y'all will be at MK tomorrow? We will be there after breakfast at The Wave at 11:15 until around 4. If so, maybe we can catch up!

Probably not - darn! Would love to see you all! Epcot is on the agenda - Frozen just after noon, Biergarten CP package for 6:45 show and the Member Mixer. Slight possibility we'd run over to MK but it would be earlier in the morning.

Hello Groupies :flower3:
Thanks so much for taking the time to post during your vacation
When I read all your stories and details I can Feel the Magic pixiedust:

Love the picture of the groupie meet. You guys look so good.
Hope to be with you in the spring.
So keep the pics and the post coming!
Thanks Again :santa:

Probably not - darn! Would love to see you all! Epcot is on the agenda - Frozen just after noon, Biergarten CP package for 6:45 show and the Member Mixer. Slight possibility we'd run over to MK but it would be earlier in the morning.
We understand, tough to be in 2 places at one time. We will meet again for sure!

WOW the time sure flies!! I woke this AM to a dose of reality, our trip is almost done. I am proud of our SIL, he doesn't want to go home:DI think he is hooked. Rich, he even wants to make a special trip to see the 5 legged goat. As luck would have it, we will be at The Wave this AM before heading to MK for a while. We will be staying with friends Brad and Tearsa in Clermont before hitting the road for good Sat.

I echo the sentiment that it's good to see all the reports and pics coming from those who are at the World. Safe travels to each of you on the way home, as well as for those who will be heading there soon! Was a "toasty" 12F here this a.m. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter